Notices

4 post lift group buy...

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2010, 10:06 AM
petee_c
Drifting

Received 107 Likes on 89 Posts

@Overdraft,

Where does your garage door go in the 'up' position?

Nice garage.... Looks like u're a fan of white cars!

P
Old 02-17-2010, 06:18 PM
Overdraft
Rennlist Member

Received 390 Likes on 213 Posts

Originally Posted by petee_c
@Overdraft,

Where does your garage door go in the 'up' position?

Nice garage.... Looks like u're a fan of white cars!

P
In the 'up' position, the door travels to the edge of the bulkead (cove) that you see there. I got the door with a ceiling hugger type track (set +- 2" off the ceiling) and the track travels slightly less horizontal distance given its design. Don't forget the side mount drives for the door. Placement of the bulkhead, lift and track are critical - every inch counts. This install fits my full size Range Rover so all the cars fit really well.

Thanks for the comment to the white cars - sold the M3 for the Basalt Black Turbo cab and the 930 is gone to make way for the GT3 (Guards Red). Now have to sell the 993 as no room in the garage (and no money left!).

Planning my garage was a blast.
Old 02-25-2010, 01:08 AM
redcarman
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Direct Lift 4 Post Lift Group Buy Update

Just giving everyone a heads up that I have been in contact with ADG Forward in Mississauga and will be getting some group buy prices from them shortly. I will post the information regarding the prices, lift details, optional equipment, and dimensions as soon as I get the info. For those that may be interested in taking advantage of a group buy price but can not take immediate delivery of the lift, I have asked them if an arrangement can be made with a deposit and delivery at a later date within a reasonable amount of time. For those of you that have expressed an interest in the group buy, keep your eyes open for a future post containing this information.
Old 02-25-2010, 03:46 PM
imcarthur
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I might have interest . . .

Post the details. Ask if they will discount 2 post lifts as well in the same buy. Please . . .

Ian
Old 02-25-2010, 06:05 PM
Snow Lion
Intermediate

Hi Guys,

I have a 2 post and 4 post lifts in my home garages.

The 2 post is an assymetrical unit and was made my Ford Smith. I was trying to support the 'local' economy as Ford Smith was a Canadian company.
But they went out of business shortly after I bought the lift in 2003. I haven't had any problems with it.

I recently purchased 3 four post lifts from www.carlift.ca for my other garage. I picked up the units from their Etobicoke warehouse and three of us setup the units in 4 days.
The first one took the weekend, and the next two were done very quickly.

The quality is typical Chinese. The instructions weren't great. The video on the website was the most useful tool. They should make it clear not to overfill the hydraulic tank,
as the oil returns back to the tank when the ram cylinder is compressed... DOH!!! I made 3 trips to Crappy Tire because I thought I had enough oil, but it kept just using it up.... INCONCEIVABLE!!
The lift went up, and I kept pouring in more fluid until the tank was full. The problem of course is what happens to the oil when the lift goes down...
Holy $hit!! I have oil everywhere....

The carlift guys advertise the SPX pump, but that is not what I received. I told them that I wasn't happy and he told me they don't have the SPX pump anymore. Yet they still advertise this pump on their website.
The drop tarp that protects the car on the ground also didn't fit and I had to jury rig some wire to fit the grommets. I was also missing a drop tarp, and only received 2 tarps.
I would make sure you double check all of the boxes when you pick up or receive the lifts.
Despite, promising me to send the tarp 'right away' it has been a couple of months and nada.

For home use, these 4 post lifts are adequate, since they are used for storage, and don't see daily use. The price point is, you get what you pay for.
I paid less than $2000 and can't complain too much.

I wouldn't attempt to install a 2 post lift and had it professionally installed. The 4 post lift is not as crucial, but there is no such thing as a flat floor or a vertical wall!! At least in residential construction that I have ever seen!
So you have to use shims. The fine tuning and leveling the lifts takes some time.

Overall, I am just barely satisfied with the lifts from carlift.ca. I don't think too highly of their customer service. But they are cheap, and since they are based in AB, they didn't charge PST.

Hope this helps.
Old 09-08-2012, 03:08 AM
tifosi
Cruisin'

I can tell you that im incredibly satisfied with my Bendpak HD-9 lift. Are you still in the market for some lifts?

Quick Reply: 4 post lift group buy...