Notices

Niagara drive on Oct 19

Search this Thread

Old 10-20-2008, 09:04 AM
justinsrx7
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Christien
Who's driving the black cabrio with the chocolate top? LOVE that colour combo!
Hey Christien. That would be my car. I posted all sorts of pictures of it in the thread "Thinking of selling my Turbo-look..." in this forum.
Old 10-20-2008, 09:23 AM
justinsrx7
Three Wheelin'

I think they are eating blueberries which are acidic. Make sure to clean it off your paint asap.
Old 10-20-2008, 10:14 AM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Originally Posted by justinsrx7
Hey Christien. That would be my car. I posted all sorts of pictures of it in the thread "Thinking of selling my Turbo-look..." in this forum.
Ah, ok, I've never seen a pic of it with the top up. I avoid threads like your for sale thread because they sometimes make me do stupid things like pine over cars that I don't have money or room for...
Old 10-20-2008, 11:20 AM
Rally Guy
Three Wheelin'

Received 9 Likes on 2 Posts

Let me add my thanks to chorus of appreciation - to all for coming out and making the day just magical - and espeically to Jim for organizing. Perfect route, amazing scenery and unique sights. I forgot I was in Ontrario, let alone just an hour or so from home.

I'm sure Dr Porsche would have been proud, as his creations served to bring people together in such a wonderful way. Perfect.

RK
Old 10-20-2008, 05:00 PM
Komenda Fan
Advanced

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I guess my comment about joining if the beast survived the autocross was prophetic, after the first run on Saturday the shift coupler seal let go, and I painted the parking lot blue with Swepco 201. Shame, I was really looking forward to running with you guys and representing the longhoods. Photos look great.
Old 10-20-2008, 05:28 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

autocross is pure abuse on any car more than 2000lb...
Old 10-20-2008, 06:01 PM
justinsrx7
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Zookie
autocross is pure abuse on any car more than 2000lb...
Hey Zook. I just wanted to mention how awesome your car sounded as you exited on Ford drive on the way home yesterday. The sound made the hair on my neck stand on end.

That was also a pretty impressive group of wide-bodied 911's covering all lanes of the highway on the way home. That is until you and the GT3 RS started falling back. Where's your show of unity...lol. Why do the guys with the fast cars always go slow. At least you caught up so we could here that great exhaust note.
Old 10-20-2008, 07:37 PM
imcarthur
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

At Jim's request, I played Tail Gunner yesterday as you must have figured out. The downside is that you miss the full impact of the tunnel. It's much more impressive with cars in front & behind.

I was solo on the QEW & it was its usual piece of trash. As was the Gardiner & the DVP NB . . . don't you love Sunday afternoon traffic?

Ian
Old 10-20-2008, 07:58 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Hey Zook. I just wanted to mention how awesome your car sounded as you exited on Ford drive on the way home yesterday. The sound made the hair on my neck stand on end.

That was also a pretty impressive group of wide-bodied 911's covering all lanes of the highway on the way home. That is until you and the GT3 RS started falling back. Where's your show of unity...lol. Why do the guys with the fast cars always go slow. At least you caught up so we could here that great exhaust note.
lol thanks... me and farzaan were crusing at 120kmph... No need to drive fast on a Sunday at Mid-End of teh month... More enjoyable sometimes when you just sit back and relax... We saw you guys weaving in and out... I do it tooo, just wasnt in the mood yesterday

but it was a preety sight of all the widebodies
Old 10-20-2008, 10:45 PM
justinsrx7
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Zookie
lol thanks... me and farzaan were crusing at 120kmph... No need to drive fast on a Sunday at Mid-End of teh month... More enjoyable sometimes when you just sit back and relax... We saw you guys weaving in and out... I do it tooo, just wasnt in the mood yesterday

but it was a preety sight of all the widebodies
Actually, we were not weaving in and out dangerously. I think I hit 125 km/h at the my top speed. We were just driving in all lanes cause it looked really cool to see all of those wide-bodies in formation. It was like the snowbirds on asphault.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:15 PM
fc-racer
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

That is until you and the GT3 RS started falling back. Where's your show of unity...lol. Why do the guys with the fast cars always go slow. At least you caught up so we could here that great exhaust note.
You'd be surprised how slowly and unassumingly I drive on the streets. My friends compare me to their grandmother. There are too many variables on the street to drive fast. I leave the speed for the track and others on rennlist can attest to how aggressive I can be on the track, hehe

I don't have the skill necessary to know what's going on around me across four lanes of unpredictable traffic to be able to weave in and out with full confidence, so I stick to one lane change at a time and with a full shoulder check. I wouldn't be able to live with myself if I made a mistake and hurt, killed or disabled another human being.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:34 PM
pongobaz
Rennlist Member

Received 99 Likes on 55 Posts

It's funny how for those of us who track our cars, we get more fearful of driving on public roads. I don't worry about the 50 over law, because I don't drive all that fast on public roads anymore...I prefer to do it on the track where I know that even the most incompetent trackie is going to be a thousand times better than some cellphone yakking SUV driving dork.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:38 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

Couldn't agree more. Or at least, I only drive fast on public roads when I'm in a hurry, not for fun. Besides, Porsches have never been built to go fast in a straight line, they're built to go fast in a corner. You want to go fast straight, buy a mustang.
Old 10-20-2008, 11:47 PM
old man neri
Drifting

Received 93 Likes on 57 Posts

I never hit 50+. City is slow, residential is a crawl. However, a few times on more northern roads I do exceed the speed limit at night. Actually keeps me more alert as oppose to taking every hill and corner with the cruise on...but that's just me and I don't condone it.....the next corner will have a moose for me I am sure.

-matt
Old 10-21-2008, 12:02 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by fc-racer
You'd be surprised how slowly and unassumingly I drive on the streets. My friends compare me to their grandmother. There are too many variables on the street to drive fast. I leave the speed for the track and others on rennlist can attest to how aggressive I can be on the track, hehe
you sure buddy at time we were doing 135-145 for a while... i know coz my buzzer is set at 145 and i was behind you most of the time, doing the same speed as you

Quick Reply: Niagara drive on Oct 19