Notices

Another new Pfaff member

Search this Thread

Old 11-30-2007, 10:40 AM
Christien
Race Car

Received 50 Likes on 35 Posts

Hey that reminds me, Eric do you know if there's any truth to the rumour we've heard (seems to have originated in BC, if memory serves) that some CDN dealers were charging a warranty transfer or registration fee for US cars, something like $3000 or $4000?
Old 11-30-2007, 11:17 AM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by Christien
Hey that reminds me, Eric do you know if there's any truth to the rumour we've heard (seems to have originated in BC, if memory serves) that some CDN dealers were charging a warranty transfer or registration fee for US cars, something like $3000 or $4000?
IIRC ... it was a $400 inspection fee in GTA ...

Do a search on CDN forum ... was posted here.
Old 11-30-2007, 11:43 AM
Mark Lue
Drifting

Eric, do you know if Canadian Dealer(s) will still honor the warranty on US cars when Porsche Canada "splits" from PCNA and starts purchasing from PAG directly in January? We always asume that things stay in place but when you shake the tree something always falls out.

Last edited by Mark Lue; 11-30-2007 at 12:19 PM.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:05 PM
cleanme
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Once again how stories get passed on I don't know! :s

Last edited by cleanme; 11-30-2007 at 01:37 PM.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:44 PM
Pfaff Porsche GM
Intermediate

Jaak- we are currently booking a little over a week out for everyone meaning if you call in today for a service appointment on your Canadian car or US car then you will have an appointment in a little over a week. We also leave a little time each day for emergencies.

Mark- I have not heard that warranties will be cancelled once we seperate but like I said before, I dont know what impact it will have until it happens. I will let you know if I hear anything.

Cleanme- I will go on record to say that your entire story is 100% FALSE and I am really shocked that someone would say that to you. There is no truth to it at all. Zoran is a great guy and a personal friend and I find it disturbing that a story like that is even out there.
Old 11-30-2007, 12:47 PM
RyeHigh
Buns Up
Rennlist Member

Old 11-30-2007, 01:12 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pfaff Porsche GM
Jaak- we are currently booking a little over a week out for everyone meaning if you call in today for a service appointment on your Canadian car or US car then you will have an appointment in a little over a week. We also leave a little time each day for emergencies.
Good attitude ... my friend who owns HPCARS Mario) had new customers because of this issue a while back ... don't know the dealers involved ... not really my concern at this time as my 951 is of no interest to most shops.

Last edited by Jaak Lepson; 11-30-2007 at 01:40 PM.
Old 11-30-2007, 01:44 PM
RL Community Team
Rennlist Member

Received 163 Likes on 99 Posts

Hi Eric and welcome to the board.

I have purchased quite a few parts from Pfaff over the last two years, primarily from Brad and Mariano and have found the service excellent.

Best wishes in your new role.
Old 11-30-2007, 02:07 PM
Pfaff Porsche GM
Intermediate

Thanks Jaak, Pongobaz and anjf088.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:33 PM
justinsrx7
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by Pfaff Porsche GM
Hey Justin, how are you? Hows the old neighbourhood? Did you get rid of the RX-7? I have never heard anyone say that a 997 feels like a Mercedes but I understand what you are saying. Jamie is still here. I will tell him you say hi. Love to see your new car so bring it by in the spring. We will have to get you out to the track next year. Let me know if you need anything in the mean time. Say hi to the neighbours for us.
I still have the RX-7 but I might part with it in the spring. The two cars are so different and I love the power and ease at which I can drive the RX-7. The Pcar is a brute to drive but also a ton of fun. I got it at the end of October so i have only put about 400 Km's on it before i put it away.

My 997 comment was around around drivability and seating position. From the outside, it looks like a sports car, but from the inside, it does everything so well it feels like you are driving a German sedan. Granted I was only at the helm for about 10 minutes which is not enough time to get the real feel.

The people that moved into your house are pretty quiet but friendly, and John has been busy fixing up the front of his place. It is prestine as one would expect. other than that, the same people are still here. how's the new neighbourhood?

Yes, please tell Jamie I said hi. He should be a Rennlist member if he isn't already.

Take care.
Old 11-30-2007, 08:56 PM
AllanJ
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Jaak Lepson
IIRC ... it was a $400 inspection fee in GTA ...

Do a search on CDN forum ... was posted here.
MCL in BC wanted $400 to "inspect" imported cars and make sure it wasn't a Katrina-type car before they'd do any warranty work. This was supposed to include a physical inspection as well as running the VIN to make sure the paperwork was in order. All this really did was make sure the dealership would get paid for any warranty work since they don't get paid back for work on a salvage vehicle (no warranty on salvage cars).

There could be fraudulently rebadged salvage cars in Canada too so I don't see why I'd need to pay $400 for this "inspection" just to cover their butts. Especially when their top mechanic has already seen my car and gave it a thumbs up (except for the interior squeak he noticed during the road test) and the VIN was already checked out in the past.

My warranty is up in Feb and I'd like a squeaky headliner fixed before then. If MCL still has that $400 fee then I'll take my car and future business elsewhere.
Old 12-01-2007, 11:13 AM
Pfaff Porsche GM
Intermediate

New neighbourhood is good but not the same as where you are. People in your neighbourhood seemed a lot nicer and there was a better sense of community. We had John and Rose over a while back, they are great. Sam and the kids also get together with Vicky and her kids. Some friendships just dont break because of a move. Id love to see the new ride so make sure you bring it by in the spring. BTW- just giving you a hard time about the Mercedes comment. I knew exactly what you meant. Say hi to John and Rose and everyone else for us. We are missing the old hood!
Old 12-07-2007, 12:09 AM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 87 Likes on 66 Posts

well my CEL just lit up... im going to call Jimmy in the morning to let him know and drop by tomorow in the noon... Hopefully i can keep my car for the weekend...
Old 12-17-2007, 11:09 PM
Denis54
Intermediate

Will Porsche Cars Canada deal directly with Germany or will they deal with the PCNA?

I have seen PCNA press releases that states that Porsche Cars Canada is a subsidiary of PCNA. I would be extremely surprised if PCNA allows their subsidiary to deal directly with their parent company in Germany.

Porsche is setting up a new subsidiary in Canada and at the same time 08 Porsches are not listed as admissible for import on the Transport Canada web site. I am afraid they are preparing to play a dirty trick on people who want to import a car to Canada. Am I wrong? If I am, I would like to understand why they are setting up a canadian subsidiary.

I agree that it is not canadian prices that are too high but US prices that are too low because they do not reflect the devaluation of the US $. Personnally, I cannot afford canadian prices and will just pass if I cannot import from from the US.
Old 12-19-2007, 11:52 AM
Pfaff Porsche GM
Intermediate

Not quite sure what will happen once Canada seperates. That is yet to be determined. Porsche has nothing to do with the rules set by Transport Canada. I have heard the ban of importing 2008 vehicles is now off and I have heard it is still on. I would contact them directly to see where it stands. The Canadian subsidiary has nothing to do with Transport Canada but I will say that Canada is large enough that we should be acting as a subsidiary. There are smaller markets currently doing this with Porsche so we should as well.

Quick Reply: Another new Pfaff member