Notices

GTG in the GTA 10am Saturday

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2007, 10:12 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Received 1,118 Likes on 800 Posts

Sorry Noble your not worthy a debate .. but if you want one I'll go get my nine year old, because I think it is about grade 4 they call each other names when they don't agree with something... he will keep you busy a while.

Omar you know the work I have done with my car, pushing a 30 year old car on the track after all the work I have done would not sit well with me. I enoy tinkering with it .

And as far as why he pulled the handbrake , he wanted me to get the feel of the back end coming around in a controlled enviroment so I would know what it felt like and be able to react, the problem was my car was pretty well flat out in second and the car was not losing the back end, not enough HP I guess.

he did tell me he was going to do that to try and induce it, but it got away in a real hurry.

Hey Omar coming out to the get together on Tuesday ?

We need a "rennlist" sign for the table ...

Last edited by theiceman; 04-08-2007 at 10:43 PM.
Old 04-08-2007, 10:56 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by theiceman
Sorry Noble your not worthy a debate .. but if you want one I'll go get my nine year old, because I think it is about grade 4 they call each other names when they don't agree with something... he will keep you busy a while.

Omar you know the work I have done with my car, pushing a 30 year old car on the track after all the work I have done would not sit well with me. I enoy tinkering with it .

And as far as why he pulled the handbrake , he wanted me to get the feel of the back end coming around in a controlled enviroment so I would know what it felt like and be able to react, the problem was my car was pretty well flat out in second and the car was not losing the back end, not enough HP I guess.

he did tell me he was going to do that to try and induce it, but it got away in a real hurry.

Hey Omar coming out to the get together on Tuesday ?

We need a "rennlist" sign for the table ...
meow
Old 04-08-2007, 11:09 PM
Christien
Race Car

Received 48 Likes on 33 Posts

They tried to pull my handbrake - yeah, right. It's so out of whack it can't hold my car in place with a slight breeze...

Clive are you sure you won't give it a try? Maybe start with an easy day at TMP or something. My car's older than yours, and easily stands up to the driving I put her through at the track. You should see Andy Wright with his 72 - he's much faster than me. Granted I haven't put anywhere near as much of my sweat and blood into it as you have, but I've still got enough invested (emotionally, not financially) to be really careful with it. And it has met concrete before. Yes, that hurt, but I fixed it up, learned from my mistakes and got right back out there.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:13 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

Hey Christien good point .. if I hadn't fix it i'd still be there .. probably getting dizy by now . I might look at getting another car and trying it. In fact I might have a perfect candidate sitting in my garage right now, just not my 911.
Are you going to be at Dunville next week I think it is ? ... may come out if I don't go to the GTG in T.O.
Old 04-08-2007, 11:16 PM
Christien
Race Car

You mean Apr. 14? No, can't be there, unfortunately. I think my first track day will be 2 weeks after that, IIRC. I've got a calendar with all the dates on my office computer. Do you mean the Audi?
Old 04-08-2007, 11:17 PM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

clive...will try 2 make....but there's blonds at u of t who need some lovin'

wats the dress code for the PCA thingy?
Old 04-09-2007, 12:04 AM
AM993
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by DeAd-EyE
wats the dress code for the PCA thingy?
Casual (well, except me: I will be coming out of the office )
Old 04-09-2007, 12:23 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Yeah the Audi ....
Old 04-09-2007, 12:25 AM
Dale Gribble
Pocket Sand
Rennlist Member

what about it?
Old 04-09-2007, 09:25 AM
theiceman
Team Owner

Christien was asking if I was considering taking that to the track .. hmmmmm..
Old 04-09-2007, 11:37 AM
Christien
Race Car

Is it a manual? If so, that's pretty much all you need. So I'd say yeah, definitely give it a shot. Skid pad is fun and all, and a good, safe way to get used to the feeling of your car losing control, and how to get control back, but it's all prep work for the real thing, and pales by comparison. Driving home from my first ever track experience (Shannonville 3 years ago) I felt a high like nothing else, except maybe the first time you ever have sex. (literally) I'm not looking to get into racing or anything like that, so I'm really not punishing my car that hard, pouring thousands worth of mods into it, or buying the fastest car I can get. I just want to drive it like it was meant to be driven. It's more fun than you could possibly imagine!
Old 04-09-2007, 01:40 PM
NOBLEGT3
Banned

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Christien
Is it a manual? If so, that's pretty much all you need. So I'd say yeah, definitely give it a shot. Skid pad is fun and all, and a good, safe way to get used to the feeling of your car losing control, and how to get control back, but it's all prep work for the real thing, and pales by comparison. Driving home from my first ever track experience (Shannonville 3 years ago) I felt a high like nothing else, except maybe the first time you ever have sex. (literally) I'm not looking to get into racing or anything like that, so I'm really not punishing my car that hard, pouring thousands worth of mods into it, or buying the fastest car I can get. I just want to drive it like it was meant to be driven. It's more fun than you could possibly imagine!
finally a man speaks up
Old 04-09-2007, 07:34 PM
Zookie
Nordschleife Master

Received 86 Likes on 65 Posts

This Saturday looks Nice and Sunny, mmmmmm 15c (hopefully).... so ill show up this time...
Old 04-09-2007, 10:12 PM
theiceman
Team Owner

I think for the summer we are looking at a new location. hopefully we can coordinate it right and we can get a great turn out.
Old 04-11-2007, 10:54 AM
mark '87 930
Instructor

speaking of new locations.. what abou the Islington/Queensway theatre? Huge parking lot at the south/west corner)..no coffee shop in the lot though (for all you caffeine addicts).

Quick Reply: GTG in the GTA 10am Saturday