Notices

Shannonville

Search this Thread

Old 08-19-2004, 11:27 AM
Alon
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

...and yes, I meant August 21, not June 21. Sorry, I have only had three coffees so far today.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:35 AM
yongster
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Courtney picked up my car this morning (for alignment set up), and he expressed interest in the saturday evening session as well. So Jason and Alon, Courtney and I may be there as well.

Do you have info on how to register for this session? I'll check the website.

Z06,
You should come out to this if you can !!

Thanks.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:38 AM
Alon
Three Wheelin'

Yong, go to www.battleendless.com for info. If I go, I'll just show up and pay the $100.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:45 AM
fryd
Burning Brakes

I think Jason has had too much coffee. Relax big boy.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:53 AM
yongster
Racer

David,

How do you like Courtney's setup? I guess it's an unfair question, since you haven't tracked it yet.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:08 PM
fryd
Burning Brakes

Yeah...it feels a little tighter than the stock setup. I took it out for a blast last night on the 401, but it was too wet for me to really get a feel for it given that I got the Pilot Cups too (thanks Jason!), so didn't want to push it. I'll get a feel for it on Saturday on the skidpad, or maybe even on the long track that night with all the Acuras wizzing past me. The seats are interesting though. Going to take some time to get used to. Good thing I'm hitting the gym regularly. Not sure how anyone with a 36" waist or larger fits in those though!
Old 08-19-2004, 12:16 PM
JLJ

david..im glad you got pilot cups and the seats and rollbar. as far as the PCAUCR thing..one bit of advice..if they want to turn off your ABS..DONT!.this is a stupid porsche club thing and you will flat spot your tires and ruin them. i am speaking from experience here. there is no need to learn how to drive an ABS equipped car with the ABS disconnected. if you need to learn maximum braking then go as hard as you can and if ABS kicks in then back off a little...you dont want to be driving home on squared off brand new tires going wump, wump ,wump..the whole ride home.
this bit of silliness comes from the same people who had one of their executive ( botho von Bose ) stand in the way of speeding cars on a wet teflon skid pad. he then proceeded to get run over by a boxster ( this was only last year and i was there) so enjoy your day , but take it with a grain of salt and do not disconnect the ABS if they request it. porsche race cars run ABS!!
Old 08-19-2004, 12:23 PM
JLJ

Originally Posted by Jaak Lepson
Folks .... the Aug. 21 - 22 session at Shannonville is the PCA-UCR Skid Pad and DE session. They decided to do a third Skid Pad and add a DE day for a good fun weekend event under the watchfull eyes of the instructors.

One had to sign-up on-line before the end of July AND receive a confirmation e-mail! If you had not gone through this process, I believe the PCA-UCR wil NOT let you enter the event. Please don't waste you time unless you need an excuse for a good fun run. Don't mean to rain on your parade, but if your are not signed up ... you may be disapointed. Better to know now than be PO at Shannonville.

Jaak Lepson

who said they were showing up for the PCAUCR snooze festival who hasnt booked it?? we are talking about open lapping saturday night from 530 to 830
Old 08-19-2004, 12:24 PM
fryd
Burning Brakes

I take your point on the ABS. Somehow, even with ABS on my C4S, I managed to get a flat spot on the front tires after the NNJR wknd at Mosport last month. Think it was the 2nd apex of 5 that did it. That was an expensive day as I basically had to get a brand new tire before I traded the car in. $450 Rosso...
Old 08-19-2004, 12:30 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Talking

Alon ... can't help it if you off course again!

Jaak Lepson
Old 08-19-2004, 01:31 PM
Alon
Three Wheelin'

Jaak, are you high? I wasn't the one who said I went off course. OK, you've had enough coffees now.
Old 08-19-2004, 01:58 PM
fryd
Burning Brakes

Guys - I still need people for Mosport on the 30th. I know Alon and Jason can't make it. Anyone else?
Old 08-19-2004, 02:04 PM
mdex
Racer

The ABS disconnect is a safety issue... Now far be it for me to defend the PCA, but in this case there is a reason behind the rule.

If you lose the car and start to spin you want to have the ability to "lock up" the car. You will spin, but continue on a straight path until you come to a complete stop. With ABS you can't lock up, and as the spin slows down you regain steering control (not that you can do anything with it) and the car can "shoot off" in an unexpected direction. There have been cases of cars hitting the wall because of this inability to lock up.
Old 08-19-2004, 02:09 PM
JLJ

That makes no sense but ok
Old 08-19-2004, 07:51 PM
mdex
Racer

During a spin with the wheels locked the car will continue in a streight line no matter what direction it may be pointing. With ABS as the car slows down and you regain traction the car will move off in the direction that the wheels are facing.

Quick Reply: Shannonville