Notices

Shannonville

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2004, 10:01 AM
fryd
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Shannonville

I'm headed to Shannonville this weekend for the UCR DE event. This will be my first time there. Have done many days at Mosport, but hear that SV is a much flatter and tighter track. Anyone have any experiences or tips they want to share? I think we're running the long course...
Old 08-16-2004, 11:22 AM
yongster
Racer

Just go to the UCR website for a lap of Shannonville video.
Old 08-17-2004, 01:00 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'll be there as well. I have done some laps there when my friend rented the track. Make sure your tires are good and inflate them a bit more.

I will be at Motel5 in Belleville from Friday night onwards.

Jaak Lepson
Old 08-17-2004, 02:59 PM
fryd
Burning Brakes

Fiorano are setting up the alignment and I think their giving me 32/34 on the tires. I'm going to use the stock Pilot Sports for now with a view to shifting towards Pilot Cups once I get a few more kms on the car. I'm staying at the Comfort Inn, but I think there'll be a quorum of people at either place as I've heard of others staying at the 5.
Old 08-17-2004, 04:17 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Thumbs up

Forgot to add ... bring extra oil and other fluids as you will be running the car harder than usual

See you there!

Jaak (Jack)
Old 08-18-2004, 09:25 AM
Alon
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I may go for Saturday only since it doesn't look like I can make that August 30 track day. I'll finalize today.
Old 08-18-2004, 10:55 AM
fryd
Burning Brakes

Jaak - do you mean harder than when I have run it at Mosport, or just harder than everyday driving?
Old 08-18-2004, 12:18 PM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Talking

Originally Posted by fryd
Jaak - do you mean harder than when I have run it at Mosport, or just harder than everyday driving?
Haven't seen you drive yet!!!!!!!!!!

Shannonville has a lot more corners and you are accelerating a lot ... uses a bit more oil according to friends that have been on the track. I done it twice ... but have not tried Mosport ... so I can't compare.

Jaak Lepson
Old 08-18-2004, 05:17 PM
yongster
Racer

IMHO, Shannonville is actually a lot more fun to drive than Mosport. You are right, the track is slower, but there is a back straight and a variety of corners (some taken at high speed, ie. corner 1, double apex, etc.). I have done the track in my 993 C4S, but not in the GT3 yet. I have not had any need for additional oil, etc.

The Dunnville track was fun in the GT3 last weekend, but after driving JLJ's track suspension setup in his GT3, my car is going to Fiorano's tomorrow for the same setup.

If there is still space available this weekend, I may also show up for saturday.
Old 08-18-2004, 07:18 PM
Z06
Three Wheelin'

Received 16 Likes on 11 Posts

I was at Shannoville last month and did not need any additional oil but it's always good to make sure you have some spare oil on hand.

Most people will drive the cars all out at Shannoville, it is a forgiving track when you make a mistake. It is allot of fun and the Pro track is pretty quick, the long track is challenging as well.

The first corner after the Grand Stand is a very quick corner, if the car is setup right .... you can go into it with out braking (or just tap them), let off..... turn in... then on the throttle. The fabi straight you can get the GT3 up to 190k to 195k at the braking point making the turn at 108 to 115. The double apex is pretty good when you get it right so is the turn before it,long sweeper, it's very quick as well.

yongster,

I am sure that an alignment will help a bunch but with out a good R compound tire you will not get as much of an improvement, with a R compound tire, when the front tires come to temperature the turn in improves allot, push is all gone....If you need a ride to Fiorano's let me know.

Is it possible for Saturday only?....... i would be interested as well.............
I would have to install my AP rotors soon.
Old 08-19-2004, 09:34 AM
Alon
Three Wheelin'

I think that Battle Endless (www.battleendless.com) is holding one of those 5:30 to 8:30 Shannonville full track events on June 21. Jason said that he was going. I'm considering it. You'll get more track time in those three hours than you would at the PCA event in a whole day. Prepaid price is $75. How could you go wrong?
Old 08-19-2004, 11:01 AM
fryd
Burning Brakes

I think you mean August 21, right? I also heard that those BE events can be quite interesting with the guys driving rice rockets around the track with one hand on the wheel and the other on the girlfriend who's in the passenger seat. Nice way to drive for a Friday night cruise, but not on the track.
Old 08-19-2004, 11:10 AM
JLJ

yes please..no one show up on saturday night..its a very dangerous group of guys and you dont want to scratch your car..or get passed by an acura RSX..i however will be there so please dont take up any more track space from me...its very very dangerous
Old 08-19-2004, 11:24 AM
Jaak Lepson
Rest In Peace Jaak
Cable Guy
Rennlist Member

Folks .... the Aug. 21 - 22 session at Shannonville is the PCA-UCR Skid Pad and DE session. They decided to do a third Skid Pad and add a DE day for a good fun weekend event under the watchfull eyes of the instructors.

One had to sign-up on-line before the end of July AND receive a confirmation e-mail! If you had not gone through this process, I believe the PCA-UCR wil NOT let you enter the event. Please don't waste you time unless you need an excuse for a good fun run. Don't mean to rain on your parade, but if your are not signed up ... you may be disapointed. Better to know now than be PO at Shannonville.

Jaak Lepson

Old 08-19-2004, 11:26 AM
Alon
Three Wheelin'

Jaak, get with the program.We're discussin something else under this topic now. Have you had your fifth coffee yet this morning?

Quick Reply: Shannonville