Notices

Was the federal luxury tax amount on your initial Offer to Purchase $0.00?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2024, 08:29 PM
Performante
Instructor

Received 63 Likes on 37 Posts

Well, there are a lot of issues with registering in Alberta if you don't actually live there. First, insurance on supercars/hypercars is getting quite expensive because of all the thefts of high end vehicles in Ontario. Rates are going up, and it's getting harder to get coverage and a lot of these private insurers are asking for a lot more information compared to few years ago. Second, if you don't live in Alberta and the insurer finds out you actually live outside of the province, good luck getting coverage. You could register the vehicle through a numbered company, but again, you're risking your policy if you're not living in the province.

One thing I've learned in life is not to try to outsmart an insurance company because you'll always end up on the losing end of the stick.
The following users liked this post:
Greg981 (06-30-2024)
Old 06-26-2024, 09:07 AM
.2PDK
Race Car

Received 1,243 Likes on 751 Posts

Originally Posted by Performante

One thing I've learned in life is not to try to outsmart an insurance company because you'll always end up on the losing end of the stick.
Exactly and when they try and get crafty with you be prepared to get legal assistance.
Old 06-28-2024, 10:10 PM
bjornbb
2nd Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

The funny thing is in BC the plug-in hybrid McLaren Artura 300k car is exempted from ALL PST (if used and over 6k km).

Last edited by bjornbb; 06-28-2024 at 10:11 PM.
Old 06-29-2024, 04:07 PM
Performante
Instructor

Originally Posted by bjornbb
The funny thing is in BC the plug-in hybrid McLaren Artura 300k car is exempted from ALL PST (if used and over 6k km).
So is the SF90 and Revuelto.
Old 06-29-2024, 05:26 PM
Turbodan
Rennlist Member

Received 518 Likes on 387 Posts

Originally Posted by Performante

I disagree with this statement. Lots of instances I have been involved with and Insurance is wrong and left holding the bag. It is usually very simple - just read the contract, not that difficult but lazy people don't and give in to insurance.
Old 06-30-2024, 04:29 PM
Performante
Instructor

Unfortunately, a lot of people don't read the fine print and find out the hard way when things go wrong.

As I mentioned above, private insurance companies across Canada are really clamping down on insuring brand new supercars and other high-risk luxury vehicles. Therefore, it's best to read the terms and conditions carefully and not try to skirt around them.

Quick Reply: Was the federal luxury tax amount on your initial Offer to Purchase $0.00?