Notices

Porsche Parts - Canada + USA

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2021, 08:11 AM
9INE97
Rennlist Member

Received 87 Likes on 57 Posts

Originally Posted by 993GT
for smaller stuff it's good to find someone local to you, might be surprised what some of us can do vs the big names in USA.
Need a price on bigger stuff, such as PMNA/Porsche Motorsports or Porsche genuine items, feel free to reach out
Cool. Where do you work?
Old 12-21-2021, 09:15 AM
pfitzsim
Burning Brakes

Received 194 Likes on 136 Posts

Originally Posted by c3uo
RockAuto for maintenance items, and EXOParts for OE Porsche parts. The combo can't be beat.
I placed my first RockAuto order last night - filters. Good pricing and will report back on the x-border experience.
The following users liked this post:
Bud Fox (12-21-2021)
Old 12-21-2021, 12:23 PM
bcrdukes
Three Wheelin'

Received 221 Likes on 167 Posts

I've always had good experiences with Rock Auto as well, but you have to shop around sometimes. In some cases (after shipping etc.) it works out to be about or near local pricing. All in all, experience has been positive with Rock Auto and managed to save hundreds, if not, thousands over the years on multiple cars.
Old 12-21-2021, 12:27 PM
Emefef
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by Aluffman
I'm a huge supporter of rock auto, but for small OEM parts I've just been buying directly from Pfaff Porsche in Vaughan. I've need all sorts of brackets, sensors, trim etc while fixing up my 996 and the price is generally about the same when you factor shipping, duty, exchange etc with Pelican Parts. I wouldn't use them for rotors, pads, consumables or anything I could otherwise find on rock auto.
I agree - I forgot about how surprised I was Oakville's responsiveness and the prices of some of those smaller items...but I got my Bilstein B6's at RockAuto for CDN$1100 total, delivered in a few days. Nothing I could find comparable in Canada
Old 12-21-2021, 03:08 PM
petee_c
Drifting

Received 107 Likes on 89 Posts

along the same lines....

carquest flyer has Prestone Dot 4 brake fluid for $7.50 for 946mL bottle... going to pick up 3 to change the brake fluid in 2015 DD's....

edit: nevermind... apparently misprint in their flyer.... it was only a 12oz bottle.... I did pick up a case of brake clean for $59 (12 cans)

Last edited by petee_c; 12-21-2021 at 04:03 PM.
Old 12-22-2021, 04:22 PM
lowbee
Rennlist Member

Received 384 Likes on 237 Posts

Sent in an online request for quote at Exoparts 2 days ago and I haven't heard anything back from them, not even an acknowledgment to say we've got your request...... Not a good first impression.

Last edited by lowbee; 12-22-2021 at 04:24 PM.
Old 12-22-2021, 05:18 PM
bcrdukes
Three Wheelin'

Received 221 Likes on 167 Posts

To be fair, it is the holiday period. I'd probably give them a few more days to respond.
The following users liked this post:
Bud Fox (12-23-2021)
Old 12-23-2021, 11:52 PM
pfitzsim
Burning Brakes

Received 194 Likes on 136 Posts

Good experience with Rock Auto - I placed an order earlier this week and it showed up at the door 72 hours later which was quicker than I expected being the week before Xmas.
Old 12-24-2021, 10:52 AM
lowbee
Rennlist Member

Received 384 Likes on 237 Posts

Originally Posted by lowbee
Sent in an online request for quote at Exoparts 2 days ago and I haven't heard anything back from them, not even an acknowledgment to say we've got your request...... Not a good first impression.
Got the quote on the 4th day with good prices 👍 thanks for the referral

Originally Posted by bcrdukes
To be fair, it is the holiday period. I'd probably give them a few more days to respond.
Yeah, ok but an acknowledgment email would have been nice so I know they are working on it.

Happy Holidays everyone
Old 12-24-2021, 11:51 AM
DbruceJ
Rennlist Member

Received 9 Likes on 8 Posts

I am another fan of Roch Auto and have also used Pelican parts, Both are good but one thing Canadian's have to really watch out for is the carrier that is used buy the shipper. If you can, always ask for USPS. It may add a few days to the delivery time but will likely save you a fortune on shipping cost, Brokerage and taxes. Much of the USPS parcels bypass HST application - especially if the package is under 1 cubic foot. I have found any shipments via UPS or FEDEX always charge a ridiculous flat rate brokerage fee. I expect the shipper gets a shipping break but the receiver pays a steep brokerage premium.
Old 12-24-2021, 12:32 PM
Emefef
Rennlist Member

Received 146 Likes on 93 Posts

Originally Posted by DbruceJ
I am another fan of Roch Auto and have also used Pelican parts, Both are good but one thing Canadian's have to really watch out for is the carrier that is used buy the shipper. If you can, always ask for USPS. It may add a few days to the delivery time but will likely save you a fortune on shipping cost, Brokerage and taxes. Much of the USPS parcels bypass HST application - especially if the package is under 1 cubic foot. I have found any shipments via UPS or FEDEX always charge a ridiculous flat rate brokerage fee. I expect the shipper gets a shipping break but the receiver pays a steep brokerage premium.
This is great advice. I will add that I've had much better experience with FedEx than UPS, and I think part of that is having an account and ensuring your address is consistent so they match it up. I have one with FedEx, so I don't pay that flat fee, only any duty or taxes that are due and FedEx pays and bills me (I think that's how it works) instead of holding the package until I pay. When I use the FedEx option from RockAuto, RockAuto collects GST and the delivery fee, and there are no additional fees charged by FedEx.
To be fair to UPS, several years ago when I received packages from two different US sellers within a week and paid that brokerage fee plus duty, our UPS guy (it was at work) said on the second delivery, "Mark, these fees are killer - open an account!". I just stopped choosing UPS when I had the option. Now to give UPS drivers even more recognition, they've dropped up a couple of packages this week at home with amounts outstanding and just said "don't forget to pay that, you can do it online". They saved me from going to pick it up, but my son learned the hard way about that damn brokerage fee.

Quick Reply: Porsche Parts - Canada + USA