Notices

NZers Track Tour Spring 2013

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 08:54 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

Originally Posted by peterC2S
John - serious jealousy here!!! Are you getting them from the Aussie distributor or direct from Europe? They are beautiful wheels 17" or 18"?
17" 7J & 9J direct from Europe. I didn't consider closer distributors as shipping is quick and reliable from Europe, plus prices are likely to be better direct.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:02 AM
John McM
Rennlist Member

Received 589 Likes on 351 Posts

I figure if I ever go the backdate route, the Fuchs are the wheels to have.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:05 AM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

Congratulations on the 17" wheel purchase John. They are light and at 2200 euro a set represent good value for the quality.

Im speaking with Steve R this evening and its looking promising on that side of things but will elaborate later. In the meantime I think we assume his position on the tour is freed up along with the "place holder" to make way for additional paying participants as we can work something out with Steve separate.

Tony has come back to me again this evening. Looks most likely well be using the September dates. he will come back to me mid week about creating a formal playday for Friday 13 Sept to see if we can get another 10 participants in a second group. Should this happen it will subsidize our costs for that track by a fair bit. I have also asked for clarification on the insurance position and what we need to do to qualify for this (i.e. maximum group size and the need for an official "instructor" to be present etc).

I think we should also consider employing Racing Ray for the two days as additional instructor. Steve & his team will be support and although Steve's happy to do a debrief for each course and a "walk of the track" etc I think we need to be mindful that this isn't HD which you are all "experts" at by now and its effectively new territory for most of us and this is when "offs" occur. Its also quite likely we will have an insurance stipulation over this as previously mentioned.

So right now its looking quite good. Still many details to be clarified in the next week before we post it to a wider audience via the Europacific board. We have 6 confirmed at "yes" with four still to respond. We currently have two spots free but that may become more over the course of the week if some of the four cannot make it or if we are confirmed we can squeeze the group out to say 15 and still have Prestigio on board.

1). Mark (yes for Sept)
2). Paul (yes for Sept)
3). Peter (yes for Sept)
4). Jason (Yes for Sept)
5). John (Yes for Sept)
6). Matt (to confirm and based on new vehicle)
7). Sean (to be confirmed dependent on dates and availability)
8). Phil (TBA)
9). Obsessed (Yes for Sept)
10). GT38088 (TBA)
11). ??
12). ??

At this stage its safe to budget for the following although its still way to early to confirm exact costs but for those planning ahead here goes-

1). Taupo. Worse case scenario $600 per head for the day including Prestigio & Playday. remember we may well get this down to $400 a head if Playday decide to formalize the day and attract a second group - but I think we need to think of that as a bonus.
2). Manfield. Likely $200 per head including above as we run as a separate group in an existing Playday event.
3). $100 per head for support/spares/transport/tools Steve & Daniel will some help from Steve with the tracks on the day.
4). $100 per head for an additional instructor for two days with fuel allowance and accommodation (Racing Ray?).
5). For most 2 nights accommodation (for some 3) budgeted on $150 pn per head.
6). Fuel, tyres, food and beverage (variable).

So we are probably talking $1100-1300 per head + food/beverage & fuel. Not bad for 2/3 days of organised fun. Im sure we can work out a return to Auckland route which takes in some quick, quiet back roads past lakes and damns to make things fun right to the end (I can already think of a few from the Targa worth a go!).
Old 04-20-2013, 06:08 PM
964X33
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Macca, just doing some homework and at this stage I am only able to do 20-22 Sep. I may be able to swing a change of plan closer to the date but can't commit to 13-15 for now. Sorry.
Old 04-20-2013, 06:17 PM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Depending on dates I'd be in for Taupo and Manfield.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:17 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Hi Jason. Sorry to hear the dates don't work for you. Please let us know if things change for you.

Jamie. Would love to have you on board mate. Dates look like 13 & 14 September at this time.

We will need to firm up interest this week as we will need to reserve Taupo within the next fortnight or so. Steve Rs board will secure the empty slots as he has a few clients he knows will be interested. Its all shaping up really well...
Old 04-20-2013, 09:02 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Sorry for being repetitious but Im keeping this list updated live so I have a running log of where we are at.

Steve R will come on as a paid entrant in the first instance (his request) and we can sort out offsets and what have you for his services at a latter date.

Sept 13-15 NI Track Tour (Taupo a1GP + Manfield)

Participants confirmation list 21 April 2014-

1). Mark (yes for Sept)
2). Paul (yes for Sept)
3). Peter (yes for Sept)
4). Obsessed (yes for Sept)
5). John (Yes for Sept)
6). Steve R (yes for Sept)
7). Matt (to confirm and based on new vehicle)
8). Sean (to be confirmed dependent on dates and availability)
9). Phil (TBA)
10). GT38088 (TBA)
11). Jamie (Yes but need to confirm based on dates)
12). ??
Old 04-20-2013, 09:11 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Guys its time we had a name for this group.

I have trawled previous posts, the EuroPacific forum board and talkeed by email to various members here seperately and we have come up with this list. I think we need to narrow it down and agree on a name in teh next week or so as this has been stillborn in its gestation to date!

[LIST=1]
  1. STUTTGART HORSES ONLY CLUB TRACKDAYS (SHOCT)
  2. PORKERS (tried to think of something witty to spell this out but only got as far as Porsches Only Rennlist)
  3. POOR BOY RACING CLUB - PORSCHES ONLY OF RENNLIST (POOR) etc
  4. PORSCHE APOSTLE RACING (TEAM) - PAR(T)
  5. HWFM RACING - NZ - An extension of the infamous "Hey Wait For Me" Racing team as found on Rennlist
  6. GRP Group Rennsport Porsche
  7. PRG Porsche Racers Group
  8. PTR Porsche Track Racing
  9. CRS Club Rennsport
  10. TRC The Racers Closet The Racers Club or The Rennsport Club
  11. RPR Rennsport Porsche Racers
  12. RRG Rennsport Racers Group or Rennsport Racing Group Rennsport Racers Group pp (Predominantly Porsche)
  13. TRG The Racers Garage or The Racers Grotto
  14. TRD The Racers Den
  15. ID IDLERS CLUB

If there are other worthy ideas post them. There are a fair few of us in this group on this thread. It would be nice to whittle this list down to three possible options that we can post with a "poll" on the EuroPacific board for final selection.

If would be really good if we could put some thought into this this week as well probably need some formalized name moving forward with Tony at Playday (for bookings and payment reference etc).
Old 04-20-2013, 09:18 PM
floatingkiwi
Burning Brakes

Received 36 Likes on 27 Posts

Yes I'm keen but it would be for Taupo only due to finances and time.
Old 04-20-2013, 09:29 PM
964X33
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Just a thought on the name, the group isn't really for racing is it? It's starting to sound a bit serious or misleading? Unless that is where the group is heading. Given the support Steve gives, I'd like to think we could lace in Europacific or Carrera Sport somewhere (if he is agreeable).
Old 04-20-2013, 09:35 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Matt. Great. Ive added you on the list. Dont forget its probably only going to cost you $200 more and a Saturday of your time to follow us down to Manfield the next day and enjoy both days of the group. Better still you have zero accomodation costs being based in Taupo.

Sept 13-15 NI Track Tour (Taupo a1GP + Manfield)

Participants confirmation list 21 April 2014-

1). Mark (yes for Sept)
2). Paul (yes for Sept)
3). Peter (yes for Sept)
4). Obsessed (yes for Sept)
5). John (Yes for Sept)
6). Steve R (yes for Sept)
7). Matt (to confirm and based on new vehicle)
8). Sean (to be confirmed dependent on dates and availability)
9). Phil (TBA)
10). GT38088 (TBA)
11). Jamie (Yes but need to confirm based on dates)
12). ??
13). Matt (Taupo track only)

Jason. I agree. I have added to the list below...
Old 04-20-2013, 09:45 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Guys. Revised list below. I tend to agree we aren't a race group and for our purposes some of the below should be perhaps amended to reflect our spirit and intent. Please feel free to substitute the word "Tack" where needed. Ive highlighted a few I quite like. Feel free to add more and do the same...

1. STUTTGART HORSES ONLY CLUB TRACKDAYS (SHOCT)
  2. PORKERS (tried to think of something witty to spell this out but only got as far as Porsches Only Rennlist)
  3. POOR BOY RACING CLUB - PORSCHES ONLY OF RENNLIST (POOR) etc
  4. PORSCHE APOSTLE RACING (TEAM) - PAR(T)
  5. HWFM RACING - NZ - An extension of the infamous "Hey Wait For Me" Racing team as found on Rennlist
  6. GRP Group Rennsport Porsche
  7. PRG Porsche Racers Group
  8. PTR Porsche Track Racing
  9. CRS Club Rennsport
  10. TRC The Racers Closet The Racers Club or The Rennsport Club
  11. RPR Rennsport Porsche Racers
  12. RRG Rennsport Racers Group or Rennsport Racing Group Rennsport Racers Group pp (Predominantly Porsche)
  13. TRG The Racers Garage or The Racers Grotto
  14. TRD The Racers Den
  15. IDLERS CLUB
  16. EUROPACIFIC PORSCHEFILES (EP)
  17. CARERRASPORT DONKEYS (CD)
Old 04-20-2013, 10:27 PM
PHG
Racer

found the thread...
I am keen for Oct/nov, NBG for sept as new boat and boat show that month
Old 04-20-2013, 11:00 PM
Macca
Rennlist Member

Hi Phil. October suited many of us as well. Currently September and November seem the only viable dates for Manfield & overall costs. September seems to suit most (unfortunately for your availability). However November isnt off the cards as we still have to confirm Taupo availability with Playday for Sept. Things may change so stay tuned to this thread...
Old 04-21-2013, 01:33 AM
Kiwi Carguy
Burning Brakes

RSR NZ

Rennlist Social Racers NZ. I'm guessing that most of not all of the group are Rennlisters? RSR is a good Porsche Acronym. You could come up with something differant for the S and the R?

My 2 cents

Quick Reply: NZers Track Tour Spring 2013