Notices

Drive from Thailand to Malaysia

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 08:03 AM
HJK
Pro

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Default Drive from Thailand to Malaysia

Anybody has driven his or her thai registered vehicle into Malaysia? Any special issues? I've had my blue book translated and certified. would there be anything else I'd need?
Old 03-15-2007, 10:25 PM
pzull
Burning Brakes

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Porsche Club Thailand has had drives to Malaysia in combined events with Malaysian and Singapore clubs. Why dont you try calling them to enquire.

Oh and join up and support the club.....your whole porsche experience will increase tremendously!
Old 03-20-2007, 11:19 AM
POP993
Advanced

I never driven to Malaysia before but a friend of mine is planning to go and he mentioned the followings:

Please ensure that you have the following in order:
1. Vehicle ownership registration with official translation in English.
2. Car road tax disc ( the one displayed on your windscreen )
3. Letter authorizing driver if he is not the owner of the car. ( examples: company, wife, brother, father's car )

Hope this help.
Old 03-24-2007, 09:29 AM
HJK
Pro

Hey guys, thanks, been out of country for a while. I've got the translation of the blue book, i'm the owner and got all that, so that should be fine then. All set for Songkran to go down there. Only have a little nagging noise problem on the left front after installing the bilstein hd shocks, but we'll get it sorted (i hope). Pzull, I'm a member..... See you around, thnx again.
Old 03-24-2007, 11:12 PM
pzull
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by HJK
Hey guys, thanks, been out of country for a while. I've got the translation of the blue book, i'm the owner and got all that, so that should be fine then. All set for Songkran to go down there. Only have a little nagging noise problem on the left front after installing the bilstein hd shocks, but we'll get it sorted (i hope). Pzull, I'm a member..... See you around, thnx again.
Cool. Are you a track person? Need to find more enthusiasts willing to go to track more often
Old 03-25-2007, 02:18 AM
POP993
Advanced

pzull,

I would be interested to attend track sessions with some Porsche enthusiasts. I am a newbie in tracking though. I never track my own car... but I have driven on track a couple of times on some promotional events like the roadshow earlier this month. Got to say it was a blast... but the good thing is its now my own car so I get to push it harder than I am willing to do with my car! The PSM on the 997 saved me many times!

Btw, are there any common issues arise from tracking the p-car? Let me know if you are going to the track with some enthusiasts, I would like join you guys.
Old 03-26-2007, 11:12 AM
HJK
Pro

Popbee & Pzull,
I'm all for it, currently working on the car, next week MO30 springs and swaybars on it, last week the bilstein HD's done etc etc., you know how it goes, slippery slope. Took the catalytic converter off, **** what a noise, tomorrow putting it back on.
Popbee, like you I need some lessons, especially on Bira, hehe, did we meet at Porsche World Roadshow? Anywayz, I'll get the car sorted and let's try do it after Songkran.....
Old 03-26-2007, 12:52 PM
POP993
Advanced

HJK,

Where do you get your M030 springs and swaybars? Do you mind telling me how much? (you can PM me if you want to keep it off the board)

I was at the roadshow on the second day (27th Feb)... if you are there that day then maybe we met. Bira is a tricky circuit indeed.
Old 03-26-2007, 09:14 PM
pzull
Burning Brakes

Yes Bira is treacherous, unforgiving walls welcome you if you make a mistake.
You can take the introductory lessons from Singha Racing School. They have new lessons every month. They used to run them on the Nakon Chaisi track but now have moved to Seacon Square track.

Seacon track is very very tight but it is a slow track so better for learning on. I think they do it every first sunday of the month. You have to take at least one lesson before they will allow you on their regular trackdays. It's usually a mixture of cars from lotus to honda to ford to porsche

What's the spring rate for M030?
Old 03-27-2007, 04:35 AM
HJK
Pro

I got the MO30 set from Carnewal in belgium, they only supply oem parts, have a look at www.carnewal-europe.com , they ship ups, mostly in 4 or 5 days it's here. Import duty is a bit of a pain in the but, but alas, when its too big to handcarry....
he sells the springs and the complete sets including swaybars etc etc.... have a look, he's a straight guy to do business with....

Pzull, as you (might) know, porsche doesnt give the spring rate for the MO30, only for the Rs versions, even in the bible "993, King of Porsche" they don't have it.
Old 03-27-2007, 05:22 AM
POP993
Advanced

Thanks, HJK. I had communications with Gert at Carnewal before. Good guy indeed. The import duty is a killer though. I'm planning on putting a new set of springs on my car too but I will probably go with the H&R route as it is a cheaper option than importing from Belgium. I would be interested in the differences you feel when you put the M030 on though. Please keep me posted.
Old 03-27-2007, 08:19 AM
HJK
Pro

Will do surely..... Btw, if you only looking for the springs, you might check AAS, they're not that expensive. Or ask Gert to ship them as "gift", that might save you duties since the value of the springs not that high....
Drive safe
Old 04-21-2007, 01:02 PM
HJK
Pro

Popbee, got it all sorted and fitted at AAS, the car feels good, thats all i can say so far, havent really driven it. Pm me if you want to give it a go...
Henk
Old 04-23-2007, 04:17 AM
POP993
Advanced

HJK,

Thanks for the offer. I have a couple more questions though. Do your car run the normal Bilstein HD or the one Gert sells with extra thread? I am running the normal one I believed so I am not sure if M030 springs will bring my car low enough. My desire ride height is between RS and sport. Whats your current ride height? Some pictures will be greatly appreciated.
Old 04-23-2007, 12:18 PM
HJK
Pro

pop, had it done at AAS, ride height is Sport, got to lower it more later on. Yup they're the bilsteins from Gert so I can go down quite a bit more. Currently to me seems like standard ride height but boy, is it stable.... I will verify ride height this weekend and let you know, plus pics.
Sawasdee....

Quick Reply: Drive from Thailand to Malaysia