Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Rennlist Asia-Pacific (https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist-asia-pacific-100/)
-   -   Any Rennlisters from New Zealand? (https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist-asia-pacific/246405-any-rennlisters-from-new-zealand.html)

O2GO 02-13-2015 03:53 AM

Originally Posted by kiwi 911 (Post 12036384)
Yes I'm in Macca - you have to bring the 993 :thumbup: I'll be ready for some stone chips by then, and now I figured out the suspension - you will need to work a little harder to be in front this time. Seriously - I'll try and book a baby sitter 12 months out, try and bring Jen down this time and just enjoy the drives............... Dougie needs to sus out some new roads............. Early days - but needs to be maybe more social and more sight seeing - I think the 7/10th's days in our road cars is over now......... This is one of my fav shots from our 2014 trip:

Agree, more social except for the odd 6am special excursion. There aren't that many roads down there but after the SI Targa we have a few more up our sleeve. Also Shiraz would willingly show us his favourite roads on the way down.

kiwi 911 02-13-2015 04:20 AM

You are correct Pete - I am aimless in my car actions and decisions...........

Thanks for posting the pic's - I shall keep those in my stash.......

I don't think I can part with the Macca cup (plate) - I think I will have to replace with a Macca & Miller cup?

It was about this time last year we would all be packing and doing last minute mod's........

madmurdock 02-13-2015 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by Ndewar (Post 12036404)
Madmurdock, welcome to the list and eventually to NZ. I would definitely bring your RS. Couldn't leave it behind and the trips you could enjoy would make it all worth while. Join the rennsport group and track it .... Doesn't make any difference if it's LHD on the circuit!

I hear the ya. We are very excited and can't wait to move. Will be an interesting year for us. Look forward to meeting you all at the track.

gt38088 02-13-2015 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by Macca (Post 12035707)
Graeme Minichamps are launching the Cayman GT4 model in 1:43 on 20 March in a colour that may interest you ;-)

buggered if I know about these colours Macca. this pic shows a darker colour which I like but other pics definitely a much lighter yellow. I did like the white with Martini that you posted.

Arrived in Taupo for the annual Fraser club track day. Very hot today and a bit of fancy machinery arrived at the motel - how does 330hp at the wheels sound in a Fraser?? supercharged Honda - would make the RSG Honda boys super envious. Gonna be interesting tmoro. Mine may be a bit underpowered!!

kiwi 911 02-13-2015 05:32 AM

Originally Posted by madmurdock (Post 12036453)
I hear the ya. We are very excited and can't wait to move. Will be an interesting year for us. Look forward to meeting you all at the track.

As a fellow GT3 owner - Neil can teach you how to make 7.2 GT3's do pirouettes :icon501:

993 Targa 02-13-2015 05:42 AM

That Evo video is great Macca, love their work. Hopefully for next years one they will do the GT4 and like it.

Macca 02-13-2015 09:53 AM

Doug & Paul great to have you on board for next years SITT. A pair of more bonkers road warrior wing men I don't think one could wish to find!

It's shaping up to be a good one and if we can convince Chris B, Matt, Graeme, Neil etc to join us and Jake and a couple of RSG "newbies" attend I think we will have a brilliant formula made even better by the fact we have done this once before so know the ropes this time.

I agree we should make sure there is a strong social element so make sure if you can you bring your other halves to kelp make this a more balanced experience.

What I think Doug and I have recently learnt and which my wife gave a big thumbs up to is early morning hard driving sorties for the boys. Get up 6 out as the sun rises return 2 hours later totally high and satiated just as everyone is waking up and thinking breakfast and then enjoy the rest of the day being led by the chicks happy you just covered 150km of twisty roads punctuated by a 20min coffee stop in less than 2 hours earlier that day! Everyone is happy!!

Paul go buy the cup at CCS today and have it engraved as the MaccaMiller Cup. You have my permission. You deserve it and it's time to make it presentable again for the next guy....

Alas there will be no 993 going on SITT next year Paul. The 993 is Targa Tour and Sunday Runs now and the GT3 is track car and touring. There is no way Jo or I could repeat 14 days and 6000 kms again including 4 tracks in those buckets on that suspension. As you know it broke our backs last time. You shipped your car there and back and had lounge sofa seats! Jo's getting tougher on me. If she can't travel with some basic comforts she won't come which means I probably will attend less events as its her "holiday" money too....the 991 GT3 is the perfect choice for this type of work.

One thing is sure - we will organise a bit different so we don't have too many crazy drives track then drives all in one day and we will spend a bit more time soaking up the scenery but quite honestly the trip was pretty bloody perfect last time around so not sure how you improve on that?

Macca 02-13-2015 09:58 AM

Chris M. SITT would be s great NZ adventure for you and Fane (babysitter dependant)? You would love it mate....!

Shiraz (David) you would be a great guide to show us some of those fabulous roads.

The Westcoast road to Pukanaki & Greymouth was exceptional and very scenic and we would love to do that again too....

Macca 02-13-2015 12:10 PM

Originally Posted by 993 Targa (Post 12036479)
That Evo video is great Macca, love their work. Hopefully for next years one they will do the GT4 and like it.

Im pretty sure they will mate. Infact I see the Cayman GT4 possibly winning their COTY and the road car category of the 2015 TCOTY like the 991 GT3 did in 2014/2014. That said, there is going to be a tonne of fun metal on the road this year with F488, M675S etc

Macca 02-13-2015 03:09 PM

6 Attachment(s)
Here's a little gift for the Cayman fans out there! Also a nice pointer for the future Cayman GT4 fans...

John McM 02-13-2015 05:07 PM

Originally Posted by Maxem (Post 12036198)
Nice Doug. I guess the Orange T will get some lovin now

Dave, give me a call before you sell the SC (you know you will sell). My work colleague in Jakarta is looking for an air cooled car and I think that might be the one. One of his wider group has a Singer so it would be in good company.

kiwi 911 02-13-2015 06:28 PM

Originally Posted by John McM (Post 12037786)
Dave, give me a call before you sell the SC (you know you will sell). My work colleague in Jakarta is looking for an air cooled car and I think that might be the one. One of his wider group has a Singer so it would be in good company.

Join the cue.........

Dave has already suckered me in by allowing me to drive it to HD at which point I was offered first dib's..............

John McM 02-13-2015 06:39 PM

Originally Posted by kiwi 911 (Post 12037979)
Join the cue......... Dave has already suckered me in by allowing me to drive it to HD at which point I was offered first dib's..............

That's just greedy. You had a similar car and sold it.

BTW which cars are you and Walter driving at Uncles, plus are you both racing at Taupo? We need to tie that down very soon.

Macca 02-13-2015 06:45 PM

Originally Posted by kiwi 911 (Post 12037979)
Join the cue.........

Dave has already suckered me in by allowing me to drive it to HD at which point I was offered first dib's..............

:corn:

Runtothehills 02-13-2015 07:50 PM

Chaps, My magnesium wheels are for sale now since I need to make room, and don't own an RS to pair them with!

If anyone wants to buy to finish an RS these are the ones to get. Help my fuel savings for a 944 racer while you are at it! http://www.trademe.co.nz/Browse/List...x?id=846845090