Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Rennlist Asia-Pacific (https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist-asia-pacific-100/)
-   -   Any Rennlisters from New Zealand? (https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist-asia-pacific/246405-any-rennlisters-from-new-zealand.html)

nzskater 02-12-2015 03:47 PM

What would the dates be roughly Macca? I'm interested if they can work for me.

John McM 02-12-2015 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by Macca (Post 12033772)
Ps removing the a/c compressor leaves the ugly and heavy mounting arm in place you need to get rid of that too although you may have to drop the engine to do so, but I suspect it's time for valve check adjustment soon for you John anyway....

Yes, a few maintenance items due. I'm mulling over dropping the engine myself after the 28/4 arrive and drive. If I shift the Cayenne outside I have a heap of room in the garage and it will give me something to do over Winter. I need to change oil as soon as I get back. Anyone know where the best place to buy oil is and any suggestions for a change from Mobil 1?

Macca 02-12-2015 03:51 PM

Sure. Sorry. Mid March 2016. The tour will take place over 8 days, four tracks from Invercargill (Teretonga) to Christchurch (Ruapuna). We will likely base ourselves close to Highlands again in Queenstown or Wanaka. If you intend to drive there and back (I think at least 65% do it this way) then you will need to budget on 14 days as it will take 3 days/2 nights each way. By far the BEST car event Ive ever done in NZ tied equal with 5 day Targa NZ Tour in 2012....

John McM 02-12-2015 03:53 PM

Originally Posted by Macca (Post 12034608)
I will place this on the RSG board later in the year, but wondering how many RSG folk on here are keen on SITT next year? Jo and I will be going and Im thinking to ask Tony to reserve us some spaces in Prestige. Im figuring there will be at least 6 x RSG parties interested. Please let me know if you are interested or just start thinking about it and keep and eye out over the next few months on the RSG board...

I suspect no for us. Europe will use all of our 2016 leave. First world problems.

Macca 02-12-2015 03:55 PM

Originally Posted by John McM (Post 12034833)
I suspect no for us. Europe will use all of our 2016 leave. First world problems.

Having to go to work is not only a first world problem John...

John McM 02-12-2015 03:58 PM

Originally Posted by Macca (Post 12034839)
Having to go to work is not only a first world problem John...

Choosing between a month in Europe or 2 weeks in the South Island driving Porsches is a First World problem, though

Macca 02-12-2015 04:00 PM

True. Good to hear you are in Europe for a month. I thought it was 2 weeks. Fair call. Ive been working on an itinerary these last few days starting in Switzerland then down to Sicily (finally) for a few weeks.. If you arrive beginning of September we will be in Como or Majore so come join us....

peterC2S 02-12-2015 04:08 PM

Originally Posted by John McM (Post 12034833)

Ditto for us. A shame but may pencil it in for 2017 if John sells me his R by then....

John McM 02-12-2015 04:09 PM

Originally Posted by Macca (Post 12034857)
True. Good to hear you are in Europe for a month. I thought it was 2 weeks. Fair call. Ive been working on an itinerary these last few days starting in Switzerland then down to Sicily (finally) for a few weeks.. If you arrive beginning of September we will be in Como or Majore so come join us....

This will be a bucket list trip for us. I'm over squeezing 6'4"'into an economy seat for the trip so premium economy at least means the cost is best spread over more days. Not sure what Donna has planned. I imagine the Ring is not on it. Can we get there in the GT4? I'll hold the camera!

John McM 02-12-2015 04:11 PM

Originally Posted by peterC2S (Post 12034883)
Ditto for us. A shame but may pencil it in for 2017 if John sells me his R by then....

Hope springs eternal...

Macca 02-12-2015 04:16 PM

Originally Posted by peterC2S (Post 12034883)

OK. Pete. Fair enough.

For SITT 2016 I currently have:

Ron/Patsy
Richard
Macca
Jake (possibility)

I guess Rasso will depend on if he is going to Europe. Graeme? I think there were a number who did not go last time who were fairly keen to go next time we organised an event....

Macca 02-12-2015 04:19 PM

Originally Posted by John McM (Post 12034886)
This will be a bucket list trip for us. I'm over squeezing 6'4"'into an economy seat for the trip so premium economy at least means the cost is best spread over more days. Not sure what Donna has planned. I imagine the Ring is not on it. Can we get there in the GT4? I'll hold the camera!

I am planning to attend the Ring for a few laps 4-5 days before Provence. The Eiffel region is wonderful in summer. If you book now you can get a Ring taxi with Sabine (she books up 9+ months in advance from my experience missing out last time). Or else you can risk your hide with me :-)

John McM 02-12-2015 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by Macca (Post 12034916)
I am planning to attend the Ring for a few laps 4-5 days before Provence. The Eiffel region is wonderful in summer. If you book now you can get a Ring taxi with Sabine (she books up 9+ months in advance from my experience missing out last time). Or else you can risk your hide with me :-)

Need to get some firm dates. I think we will fly into Paris and get a Eurolease vehicle. Absolute no fuss way to travel. If we are smart it will be big enough to accommodate the girls easily so I can run shotgun in the GT4(s) ;)

nzskater 02-12-2015 05:00 PM

1 Attachment(s)
March should suit Macca. Will reach out to a few other owners who don't frequent these boards if that's ok.

Originally Posted by John McM (Post 12032234)
Back on the 20th. Playday on the 22nd so maybe morning of the 21st?

Sounds good, keep in touch and we can play it by ear. Know how quickly time disappears when you're working away from home.

Originally Posted by mrphil (Post 12032664)
Hope it goes well, make sure to post some picture

My first attempt at wet sanding. The finish is rough, in part due to me getting sick of sanding after two hours, and Mitre 10 only having 1200 grit paper. Will pick up some 1500 and 2000 and finish over the weekend. Still a minor rough patch, but mostly sorted. Prefer the matte finish over the plastic shine it had before.

Macca 02-12-2015 05:05 PM

Originally Posted by John McM (Post 12034976)
Need to get some firm dates. I think we will fly into Paris and get a Eurolease vehicle. Absolute no fuss way to travel. If we are smart it will be big enough to accommodate the girls easily so I can run shotgun in the GT4(s) ;)

Ive been working on you all arriving about the time the NZ school holidays start in late sept for some reason....maybe best we take this offline...