Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums

Rennlist - Porsche Discussion Forums (https://rennlist.com/forums/)
-   Rennlist Asia-Pacific (https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist-asia-pacific-100/)
-   -   Any Rennlisters from New Zealand? (https://rennlist.com/forums/rennlist-asia-pacific/246405-any-rennlisters-from-new-zealand.html)

Macca 01-25-2015 07:35 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Boarding now for Oaxaca Mexico.....private jet.....

Macca 01-25-2015 07:38 PM

....I wish....smallest jet I've flown on tho!

O2GO 01-25-2015 08:56 PM

Originally Posted by John McM (Post 11985260)
Just been for my first drive at speed in Herman OMG. OMG. OMG The torque curve feels so fat. The idle coming to a rest is rock solid. No hiccups on idle transition. He seems to be running rich, based on the black exhaust pipe, so I need to get it to the dyno ASAP, but if this is the start of a probable performance increase this was worth every cent.

Exciting stuff John. Lola will eat your dust at this rate

racoguy 01-25-2015 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by John McM (Post 11985260)
Just been for my first drive at speed in Herman OMG. OMG. OMG The torque curve feels so fat. The idle coming to a rest is rock solid. No hiccups on idle transition. He seems to be running rich, based on the black exhaust pipe, so I need to get it to the dyno ASAP, but if this is the start of a probable performance increase this was worth every cent.

Good stuff, if you can feel the difference driving i'd say it will translate into healthy numbers compared to what you had before.
Shame you don't have a temporary AFR gauge to see what the readings are.

John McM 01-25-2015 09:47 PM

Originally Posted by O2GO (Post 11985763)
Exciting stuff John. Lola will eat your dust at this rate

When is she coming out?

John McM 01-25-2015 09:49 PM

Originally Posted by racoguy (Post 11985788)
Good stuff, if you can feel the difference driving i'd say it will translate into healthy numbers compared to what you had before. Shame you don't have a temporary AFR gauge to see what the readings are.

Agree, it would be interesting to know how rich it is. I need to get it to Robin. Does he change the ECU settings for me when it's on the dyno?

Runtothehills 01-25-2015 10:02 PM

Originally Posted by racoguy (Post 11985788)
Good stuff, if you can feel the difference driving i'd say it will translate into healthy numbers compared to what you had before.
Shame you don't have a temporary AFR gauge to see what the readings are.

I'll be interested in your final opinion on whether to get the SW chip or this unit, after you are fully satisfied with the final results. Both seem like similar bang for buck comparatively. Good idea with the shark fin clips for mine, looks like a dogs breakfast under there and new rubber etc will make a nice difference.

Passed by CCS today to see a red C4 manual with 99kms on the front lot, no price but could be up for sale shortly I'm guessing, unless its overflow from servicing.

kiwi 911 01-25-2015 10:16 PM

Originally Posted by Macca (Post 11985546)
....I wish....smallest jet I've flown on tho!

You obviously haven't flown to small town NZ mate. That's a big plane by comparison. Some of the plans I fly are 16 seaters......

I always enjoy flying to Taupo or Tauranga as the planes are so small you share an open cockpit with the pilot. Linda cool watching the plane come in for a landing but always as noisy as hell...........

racoguy 01-25-2015 10:18 PM

Originally Posted by John McM (Post 11985904)
Agree, it would be interesting to know how rich it is. I need to get it to Robin. Does he change the ECU settings for me when it's on the dyno?

Have a chat to him but id bet it would be a leave the car there type of affair as he'll want to tune it cold and hot.

Spokes 01-25-2015 10:19 PM

Originally Posted by Macca (Post 11985533)
Boarding now for Oaxaca Mexico.....private jet.....

No electronic equipment on the apron please - :D

kiwi 911 01-25-2015 10:21 PM

http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-839048833.htm

Far more realistically priced than the silver C4S.

Will be interesting to see how quickly Andrew's car moves??

Runtothehills 01-25-2015 10:26 PM

Originally Posted by kiwi 911 (Post 11986000)
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-839048833.htm Far more realistically priced than the silver C4S. Will be interesting to see how quickly Andrew's car moves??

looks like a nice one.

964X33 01-25-2015 11:02 PM

Originally Posted by racoguy (Post 11981610)
WINDSCREENS, anyone interested in a new one? I have a lead on some new 964 and 911 windscreens, I'm getting one for mine so once I have prices I can post it up if anyone wants one. Indications are around 500 for a brand new screen.

I'm interested pending cost. Keen for a green tint top with aerial (Mr fussy).

Maxem 01-25-2015 11:59 PM

Originally Posted by kiwi 911 (Post 11986000)
http://www.trademe.co.nz/motors/used...-839048833.htm

Far more realistically priced than the silver C4S.

Will be interesting to see how quickly Andrew's car moves??

Now that looks like a fair price, considering the lowish k's and NZ new. I would go for that if it weren't for current projects.
Interesting to see how long it hangs for, it will put a stick in the ground for 993 values. Makes the two Turbo's look well overpriced (which they are).

Macca 01-26-2015 12:04 AM

1 Attachment(s)

Originally Posted by kiwi 911 (Post 11985988)
You obviously haven't flown to small town NZ mate. That's a big plane by comparison. Some of the plans I fly are 16 seaters...... I always enjoy flying to Taupo or Tauranga as the planes are so small you share an open cockpit with the pilot. Linda cool watching the plane come in for a landing but always as noisy as hell...........

Paul I fly all manner of small aircraft and helos in the islands. They aren't jets tho and 16 seats is big. I thought this was the smallest twin engine jet I've flown but my wife corrected me as our old ATR that did the Northern run was a fair bit smaller. I guess you don't often book a united airlines international flight 1200km to be faced with such a tiny jet! Bloody emergency instructions were a bit OTT - three pages to say that in the case of emergency anything you do is pointless as you are fcuked!!