Sponsored by:

PCA Sebring 48 Hours Club Race 2017

Search this Thread

Old 02-07-2017, 11:20 AM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3DE
Time&Scoring had a first-race-of-the-season glitch.
If you weren't on track when session ended then they didn't grid you by you time, rather by "position" which put you in the rear. I caught this after seeing where they were going to grid me for S2. As I had DNF S1, they put me in 54th instead of 9th for S2. After bringing this to their attention they fixed it. But they only fixed it for S2. They did not fix it for gridding Enduro and thus did not count my S1 time. Which should have put me on pole. Instead they grid me 9th. No amount of radio calls from the grid could get them to move me to the pole and the race started. Grrrr.
So I had to get thru a pile of 944s to catch up with Niels and Martinson. And did sub-2:26. And then suspension broke and into the wall. Well at least I got the track record beat. By more than 1 second! Until a few laps later Martinson beat my time by 0.043.

I'm sure T&S will have this all fixed in 4 months when the E gang gets together again at WGI.

I think i had the same problem. Finished P12 in sprint 1 and they put me 18 on the grid for sprint 2......
Old 02-07-2017, 02:04 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
I think i had the same problem. Finished P12 in sprint 1 and they put me 18 on the grid for sprint 2......
That just means that 6 people behind you had a faster lap time.

This is common in Sprint 1 where many people treat the RACE as a qualifying session for the points race (and a main argument in favor of counting all races ).
Old 02-07-2017, 02:08 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 3,678 Likes on 1,705 Posts

Originally Posted by mannym5
yes, congrats on the enduro win frank and I believe workers choice award as well. You were flying out there. You also displayed nice clean passes on me in my slower SPC car(black #700). Also, thanks for letting Todd P and I battle for the spc lead for a few corners prior to passing.
Great weekend overall! Will try to get some video up either tonight or tomorrow.
Good racing out there. Can't believe we all went three wide in turn 3 in the second sprint race without an incident.

Getting used to the new SPC setup of my car - man is it different! Almost like driving a completely different car.

That being said by the end of the weekend I closed the gap somewhat and even gave you a short battle. Hopefully I'll close the gap further by Lime Rock. Good racing!
Old 02-07-2017, 02:46 PM
toddlamb
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 36 Likes on 26 Posts

Some video from the first half of the black enduro.

Porsche repairs, servicing, and upgrades / Certified IMS installer / PDK repair experts

Over 150 PDK's repaired and counting:
https://youtu.be/m54P_zisEcI

Old 02-07-2017, 03:14 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 253 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3DE
Time&Scoring had a first-race-of-the-season glitch.
If you weren't on track when session ended then they didn't grid you by you time, rather by "position" which put you in the rear. I caught this after seeing where they were going to grid me for S2. As I had DNF S1, they put me in 54th instead of 9th for S2. After bringing this to their attention they fixed it. But they only fixed it for S2. They did not fix it for gridding Enduro and thus did not count my S1 time. Which should have put me on pole. Instead they grid me 9th. No amount of radio calls from the grid could get them to move me to the pole and the race started. Grrrr.
So I had to get thru a pile of 944s to catch up with Niels and Martinson. And did sub-2:26. And then suspension broke and into the wall. Well at least I got the track record beat. By more than 1 second! Until a few laps later Martinson beat my time by 0.043.

I'm sure T&S will have this all fixed in 4 months when the E gang gets together again at WGI.
While that's certainly not fair in this case, maybe that's the way it should be. That would keep people from going out for a fast lap and then retiring in sprint 1.
Old 02-07-2017, 09:44 PM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

Originally Posted by sbelles
While that's certainly not fair in this case, maybe that's the way it should be. That would keep people from going out for a fast lap and then retiring in sprint 1.
Don't hate the player, hate the game.
I play by the rules as they are. And yes, current rules for us points racers make S1 a qualify session for S2. And that was my plan... until I caught up with Niels. Then I decided to stay and race him. Until the throttle stuck wide open.

Anyway, please change the rules and make all races count for points!!!!!

I heard that they won't do it because Limerock only gets 2 races and it wouldn't be fair that the other races tracks get 3 races. I say, so what. Who cares. Tough. You go to Limerock then you know you only get 2 points races.
Old 02-08-2017, 08:02 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 815 Likes on 500 Posts

Red Group - Sprint 1 - 360 Video (Watch with Chrome, Firefox, Explorer or your iPhone by going directly to Youtube). Embedding does not seem to work:

Old 02-08-2017, 08:15 AM
Sweeper
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

It was a great weekend, I'm sure I spoke with most of you on the grid. For Sat. Afternoon and Sunday, I was the "on-track" splitter. There were a few people that used me as a apex cone before the start.
Anyone that was forced to be in the third row and in the 30's and 70's grid position on Friday and Sat. It was me that lined you up and moved cones for your easy departure.. I saw the purple GT3RS come out near the pointy end of the grid and it's only person I know from Rennlist (trackcar), since he a had sticker.. I was able to say hi..

I Wanted to meet more of you, but working grid means standing out there from 7:30am till 5:30pm.. Christian and Ed really are the gurus of the smooth event. I want to thank them for keeping it lite and training all the Volunteers with patience and grace.

I will return for this event every year, as this was my 5th year helping out, and I'm a NCR region member, (Northern New England) For a bunch of years I raced/ and won in a Formula Ford, all throughout the northeast.

The T&S issue was a real bitch for us grid goons, we are given a pc of paper with car#'s and grid position. If that is messed up hold on.. Lots of complaints for sure..

Thanks to all of the volunteers and racers that treated me nicely. This year, more drivers told me thank you and showed they really appreciate us.. It take a ton of work to pull this off.. I was scheduled to be in Fort Myers by 2:00pm Sunday, instead I stayed and helped till 4:30, because it is so much fun, and the last enduro start.. Tons of cup cars this year too, with Flying Lizard up front..

An express ride from Sebring to Fort Myers, I was able to watch and enjoy the Falcons, (Almost beat) loose to my Patriots.. Although they played very well and Pats didnt wake up till the end of the 3rd qtr.. It ended well for us:-)

Peace to all, see ya

Last edited by Sweeper; 02-08-2017 at 11:08 AM.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:09 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 815 Likes on 500 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweeper
It was a great weekend, I'm sure I spoke with most of you on the grid. For Sat. Afternoon and Sunday, I was the "on-track" splitter. There were a few people that used me as a apex cone before the start.
Anyone that was forced to be in the third row and in the 30's and 70's grid position on Friday and Sat. It was me that lined you up and moved cones for your easy departure.. I saw the purple GTRS come out near the pointy end of the grid and it's only person I know from Rennlist (trackcar), since he a had sticker.. I was able to say hi..

I Wanted to meet more of you, but working grid means standing out there from 7:30am till 5:30pm.. Christian and Ed really are the gurus of the smooth event. I want to thank them for keeping it lite and training all the Volunteers with patience and grace.
Many thanks for volunteering and making this such a great event! - Frank (White Martini Cayman #777)
Old 02-08-2017, 10:43 AM
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 632 Likes on 312 Posts

Sweeper thanks to you and all the volunteers, grid was handled very well each time I came up to it.
Rich
Old 02-08-2017, 10:50 AM
TRAKCAR
Rennlist Member

Received 1,612 Likes on 748 Posts

+3, Nice to say hello on grid and many, many thanks to make it all work for all everyone!!
Always trying hard to show appreciation towards all the volunteers. None of this would be happening without you guys and girls.
Old 02-08-2017, 10:54 AM
Sweeper
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by uscarrera
Sweeper thanks to you and all the volunteers, grid was handled very well each time I came up to it.
Rich

Very Nice of you to say, thx from all of us.. Much credit goes the grid chairs, Christian and Ed.. Both took vacation time to run this..

the grid had a few problems (me, mostly) but any problems that occurred were handled expediently by T&S and Grid Chairs.. Kudo's to them..
Old 02-08-2017, 11:05 AM
Sweeper
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by TRAKCAR
+3, Nice to say hello on grid and many, many thanks to make it all work for all everyone!!
Always trying hard to show appreciation towards all the volunteers. None of this would be happening without you guys and girls.
Peter, you are the MAN. i followed your European delivery and track days with the RS. It was good to see it out with the group, even with gentlemen racing there, a "Street CAR???" Very Cool!!!

If it weren't so busy for all of us, i'd love to have a 10 min "meet and greet" for the RL's at the event.. Will try to pull it together for 2018
Old 02-08-2017, 11:20 AM
Sweeper
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Frank 993 C4S
Many thanks for volunteering and making this such a great event! - Frank (White Martini Cayman #777)

Good driving Frank, It was easy remembering that pretty KMAN.. Loved the double pass into the hairpin in sprint race.. Just dusted them!!!!

Congrats again
Old 02-08-2017, 11:40 AM
uscarrera
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 632 Likes on 312 Posts

How about a 2018 RL meet and greet Thursday evening after test and tune day and before first day of the race event not many functions that night and before we all get to busy. Now we just need a place to hold it any suggestions?
Rich

Quick Reply: PCA Sebring 48 Hours Club Race 2017