PCA Sebring 48 Hours Club Race 2017

Search this Thread

Old 02-08-2017, 11:44 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 857 Likes on 526 Posts

Originally Posted by uscarrera
How about a 2018 RL meet and greet Thursday evening after test and tune day and before first day of the race event not many functions that night and before we all get to busy. Now we just need a place to hold it any suggestions?
Rich
Rich - the annual Championship dinner is usually on Thursday night.
Old 02-08-2017, 03:26 PM
autosea
Rennlist Member

Received 35 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by Sweeper
Good driving Frank, It was easy remembering that pretty KMAN.. Loved the double pass into the hairpin in sprint race.. Just dusted them!!!!

Congrats again
It was a great weekend, I'm sure I spoke with most of you on the grid. For Sat. Afternoon and Sunday, I was the "on-track" splitter. There were a few people that used me as a apex cone before the start.
Anyone that was forced to be in the third row and in the 30's and 70's grid position on Friday and Sat. It was me that lined you up and moved cones for your easy departure.. I saw the purple GT3RS come out near the pointy end of the grid and it's only person I know from Rennlist (trackcar), since he a had sticker.. I was able to say hi..

I Wanted to meet more of you, but working grid means standing out there from 7:30am till 5:30pm.. Christian and Ed really are the gurus of the smooth event. I want to thank them for keeping it lite and training all the Volunteers with patience and grace.

I will return for this event every year, as this was my 5th year helping out, and I'm a NCR region member, (Northern New England) For a bunch of years I raced/ and won in a Formula Ford, all throughout the northeast.

The T&S issue was a real bitch for us grid goons, we are given a pc of paper with car#'s and grid position. If that is messed up hold on.. Lots of complaints for sure..

Thanks to all of the volunteers and racers that treated me nicely. This year, more drivers told me thank you and showed they really appreciate us.. It take a ton of work to pull this off.. I was scheduled to be in Fort Myers by 2:00pm Sunday, instead I stayed and helped till 4:30, because it is so much fun, and the last enduro start.. Tons of cup cars this year too, with Flying Lizard up front..

An express ride from Sebring to Fort Myers, I was able to watch and enjoy the Falcons, (Almost beat) loose to my Patriots.. Although they played very well and Pats didnt wake up till the end of the 3rd qtr.. It ended well for us:-)

Peace to all, see ya

Hey Sweeper,
You the one with the 968 with the bike stuffed in the back?. We were next to you. We came out from Seattle pitted with Autometrics . It was nice to speak with you.
Thanks for your help. One of the best run events we have ever been to
Old 02-08-2017, 06:02 PM
al@cpt
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Thank You Sweeper!

Always thankful to ALL volunteers that make these races possible!
Old 02-08-2017, 09:42 PM
hunterpeaks
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Does anyone have the link to the official results for Sunday? I left before I could find a copy. Thanks.
Hunter
Old 02-09-2017, 08:17 AM
GT3DE
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 40 Posts

https://speedhive.mylaps.com/Events/1360701
Old 02-09-2017, 08:46 AM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

Red Group - Sprint 2 - 360 Video - Another interesting start. (Watch with Chrome, Firefox, Explorer or your iPhone by going directly to Youtube). Embedding does not seem to work:

Old 02-09-2017, 09:17 AM
Sweeper
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by autosea
Hey Sweeper,
You the one with the 968 with the bike stuffed in the back?. We were next to you. We came out from Seattle pitted with Autometrics . It was nice to speak with you.
Thanks for your help. One of the best run events we have ever been to
Yup that was me!! It was nice meeting you too. It is a well run event, the peeps from Goldcoast and Suncoast do a great job. This is the reason they have so many return volunteers and racers.

Now trying to get that bike out of the back of the 968, not so easy. I am trying not to scrape anything inside the old beast..

I had a great ride back to FM, 1.5 hrs to my home..
Old 02-09-2017, 12:09 PM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Some racing action and bloopers from Sebring:

Old 02-09-2017, 12:44 PM
brownan
Rennlist Member

Received 207 Likes on 102 Posts

These GTB1 videos look like mine sped-up by about 35%.
Old 02-12-2017, 08:53 PM
rmag
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 19 Posts

Rennpoints Updated
Old 02-13-2017, 03:44 PM
LuigiVampa
WRONGLY ACCUSED!
Rennlist Member

Received 4,155 Likes on 1,850 Posts

Originally Posted by rmag
Rennpoints Updated
Looks weird to have SPC next to my name after two years in I class.

But, as everyone knows, I've been a big supporter of Spec Cayman from the start!

Awesome time and thanks again to all the volunteers - seemed pretty smooth.

And sweepers, I didn't use you as an autocross cone! I've seen too many cars loop coming out of the grid so I always take it easy so I am not "that guy".
Old 02-13-2017, 04:12 PM
Sweeper
Burning Brakes

Received 8 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by LuigiVampa
Looks weird to have SPC next to my name after two years in I class.

But, as everyone knows, I've been a big supporter of Spec Cayman from the start!

Awesome time and thanks again to all the volunteers - seemed pretty smooth.

And sweepers, I didn't use you as an autocross cone! I've seen too many cars loop coming out of the grid so I always take it easy so I am not "that guy".
It was one of the cup cars.. I've seen the spins coming off the grid before.. OVER EAGER RIGHT FOOT TWICH (OERFT)
But thanks for mentioning it wasn't you!! SPC guys are pretty good guys..

What it is with the Boxters that have a roof, or roof net? Are there supposed to be arm restraints? Is the roof screwed down or something? Just curious
Old 02-13-2017, 05:24 PM
Frank 993 C4S
Addict
Rennlist Member

IWhat it is with the Boxters that have a roof, or roof net? Are there supposed to be arm restraints? Is the roof screwed down or something? Just curious
For open cars you need to have arm restraints if you have a non-stock non-metal roof, unless you are a Boxster AND have a custom fabricated roof net. In that case, you don't need the arm restraints.

BTW - it wasn't me either!
Old 02-14-2017, 03:03 AM
Gator_86_951
Spell Checker
Rennlist Member

Received 393 Likes on 296 Posts

Looks like you guys had a ton of fun! So hard for me to believe it has been 10 years since I did the DE at the '07 48 hours....which was the last time I was on-track. Need to remedy that soon....
Old 02-14-2017, 01:43 PM
Der ABT
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Little late but what a great week/weekend....weather was great, track was pretty good, and car worked the whole weekend....1st time in the new car So am very pleased it finished albeit off pace.

somehow won the enduro.....I thought racemonitor/hero had messed up when the radio call came.....radio finally started working after the pit.
just drove consistent laps and got the lucky dog award.

was great to see alot of you guys and sorry for those that ended with issues.

big thanks to the volunteers, they were definately busy all weekend from grid to scruits.....great event

here Is my race 2....I claim it's down on power...orrible understeer even in a straight line hehe.....yes tentative on brakes after the last race.
https://youtu.be/U8uj3F37VnE

Quick Reply: PCA Sebring 48 Hours Club Race 2017