Sponsored by:

PCA ClubRace @ Laguna Seca Wait List?

Search this Thread

Old 06-20-2016, 01:15 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Tom W
I have registered for the SCCA event but am still hoping I can get into the PCA event.

I joined SCCA yesterday and now I'm in the process of getting my SCCA race license and getting my car log book, etc. I'll let folks who wonder know how it goes (how easy). I had a phone conversation with a guy from SCCA national over the weekend and he said to register as SP (I'm PCA GT3).

Next on the list is a conversation with Susan Shire about if it's possible to get into the event if some poor soul has the misfortune of breaking on Friday and not being able to run. I'd be on site and ready to take the slot on track.
Yep, thats how to do it.. its easy... i might be in line with you , but i think if we get enough guys in the SP group 3, we might have as good of a time.
see you there... glad you are going its been a while!!
Old 06-20-2016, 01:18 PM
SoClose
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Tom, it was a blast racing and hangin' with you and the PRC folks this weekend.
Only 3 hrs sleep last night- I'll try to post a new thread tonight with some video of our battle on Saturday.

As for Laguna, I still don't know that track well and would like more than the 2 sessions per day we'll get with what PCA has been given. I'm thinking entering the SCCA event for more track time.
After being involved with PCA events where usually you need to be on the atomic clock to register for events-not at wine tastings!- I see that registration is open and there are only 5 drivers registered for the group we'd be in?
Old 06-20-2016, 01:37 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SoClose
Tom, it was a blast racing and hangin' with you and the PRC folks this weekend.
Only 3 hrs sleep last night- I'll try to post a new thread tonight with some video of our battle on Saturday.

As for Laguna, I still don't know that track well and would like more than the 2 sessions per day we'll get with what PCA has been given. I'm thinking entering the SCCA event for more track time.
After being involved with PCA events where usually you need to be on the atomic clock to register for events-not at wine tastings!- I see that registration is open and there are only 5 drivers registered for the group we'd be in?
it will be a packed group, and there will be lots of great cars to run with . i know for sure, 2-4 more cup cars are going to sign from SCCA, as well as the usual folks that run this event. last time we did this, there was a lot of PCA folks in the race as well as other porsches.
generally, no one signs up for races until the last race has been held.. SCCA still has the SEARS POINT race weekend after next, and ill be at that as well.
Old 06-20-2016, 01:50 PM
SoClose
Racer

Thanks Mark:
Would you suspect that there would be a group between the PCA and the SCCA group we'd be in?
Obviously you don't have a crystal ball but I'm wondering if the SCCA has a predictable rotation of group running order.
Old 06-20-2016, 01:55 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Paul: Really glad you and Kim chose to join us. I'm sorry she didn't have as much fun as we did. I might put together some videos today too.

For SCCA, it took 30 minutes to get my license approved via an email - that was tough. I simply sent a scan of my PCA and NASA licenses and a screen shot from MyLaps showing a bunch of races I was in. Now I'm working on the car stuff (log book, etc). I sent an email, am waiting for a reply.
Old 06-20-2016, 02:02 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by SoClose
Thanks Mark:
Would you suspect that there would be a group between the PCA and the SCCA group we'd be in?
Obviously you don't have a crystal ball but I'm wondering if the SCCA has a predictable rotation of group running order.
thats a great question. i seemed to remember them putting a group between us, so folks could run both classes. I havent seen the schedule so ill check and report back. yeah, that wouldnt be any fun doing back to back.

Like turtle says, the SCCA folks are REAL good at this stuff.... they will get anyone up in running pretty fast. All it takes is a Check or credit card and a few screen shots of your PCA/NASA licenses
Old 06-20-2016, 02:20 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

I sent an email asking about a tentative schedule and if there would be a session between Group 1 (PCA) and Group 3 (where we fit). I'll let folk know when I get a reply.
Old 06-20-2016, 03:24 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

I just was informed that tech inspection for the log books will be available at the track and they will confirm car class then. It appears I'm done and ready to go (for SCCA).
Old 06-20-2016, 03:32 PM
SoClose
Racer

We raced with SCCA at The Ridge last year and it was indeed very easy to get involved, at least for the Regional Races that we were in. I think I saw this was a double regional weekend as well.
Old 06-20-2016, 03:33 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

I just was informed that tech inspection for the log books will be available at the track and they will confirm car class then. It appears I'm done and ready to go (for SCCA).
i can help with classing. if you are running DOTs, you can run ITE (if not a cup car) and everything else for the most part, is SP. (super production)
If you are a stock cup car, you can run in GT2, as its a national class for the car.
I usually run ITE, but once the rule makers figure my car out, and make it official. (another story), I also can run GT2-ST ...x- world challenge GT cars on DOTs.
Old 06-20-2016, 04:36 PM
entityx
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I also just signed up for the Saturday race (in addition to PCA). The SCCA folks were really easy to work with, looking forward to finally racing with them.
Old 06-26-2016, 12:21 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Received a note from Susan Shire stating pay up by today the 25th (I did) or lose your spot. Hopefully they will now release more spots to wait listed drivers especially GT3 racers .....
Old 06-26-2016, 12:23 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Still postulating you'll make it into the PCA group....
Old 06-26-2016, 02:36 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

I'm hoping they got the second run group. SCCA registration is currently only 23 cars (for 6 run groups) and 14 of those 23 are Porsche cars one run group.

I'm hoping that something terrible happens - I get in both PCA and SCCA and have to run extra sessions and races. That would be just terrible.
Old 06-26-2016, 03:37 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

I'm hoping they got the second run group. SCCA registration is currently only 23 cars (for 6 run groups) and 14 of those 23 are Porsche cars one run group.

I'm hoping that something terrible happens - I get in both PCA and SCCA and have to run extra sessions and races. That would be just terrible.
look forward to seeing that!

Quick Reply: PCA ClubRace @ Laguna Seca Wait List?