Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

PCA ClubRace @ Laguna Seca Wait List?

Search this Thread

Old 06-29-2016, 07:59 PM
entityx
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Looks like the SCCA schedule just got sent out. Looks like they put the PCA group and GT, SP etc. back to back on Friday and Saturday...anyone know who the best person is to discuss this with?
Old 06-29-2016, 08:03 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by entityx
Looks like the SCCA schedule just got sent out. Looks like they put the PCA group and GT, SP etc. back to back on Friday and Saturday...anyone know who the best person is to discuss this with?
REVISED: They're not back-to-back in the first session Friday but are in the afternoon as they're groups 1 and 3. They are however back-to-back on Saturday with PCA qualifying followed by the group 3 race (SCCA). Sunday they are separated....:

http://www.sfrscca.org/images/2016/C...24lagsched.pdf

Anyone hear anything about the wait list?

Last edited by jrgordonsenior; 06-29-2016 at 08:21 PM.
Old 06-29-2016, 08:13 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

With 3 sprint races I assume the points races will be #2 & 3 just like last year. How will they grid those second and third races? Will it be based on Saturday's qualifying or fastest lap of the previous race or ???
Old 06-29-2016, 08:13 PM
entityx
Racer

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
They're not back-to-back on Friday, they're groups 1 and 3. They are however back-to-back on Saturday with PCA qualifying followed by the group 3 race (SCCA):

http://www.sfrscca.org/images/2016/C...24lagsched.pdf

Anyone hear anything about the wait list?
I'm seeing a Practice 1 and Qualifying 3 back to back on Fri (1:05 then 1:40) - or maybe I'm missing something?
Old 06-29-2016, 08:20 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by entityx
I'm seeing a Practice 1 and Qualifying 3 back to back on Fri (1:05 then 1:40) - or maybe I'm missing something?
Oops my error (and apology) I was looking at the morning schedule....
Old 06-30-2016, 02:03 AM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Given the SCCA schedule is out and it only shows 1 PCA run group, it appears our hopes of PCA getting a second group are dashed.

While the SCCA and PCA groups are back-to-back Friday afternoon and twice on Saturday, they don't look terrible except for Sat afternoon where the PCA race ends and then SCCA qualify starts. Looks like you would just head out late to qualify for SCCA. The Saturday morning 'conflict' of PCA qualify and SCCA race would be addressed by getting the PCA qualifying lap in quickly and the getting to SCCA race grid. At least there is no back-to-back issue on Sunday. It's a tough 'problem' for there guys lucky enough to be able to run both.

I traded emails with Sherry at SCCA a couple days ago about what the schedule might look like and potential back-to-back issues and I interpreted the response as a very polite 'it will be what it is and just deal with it'. Now we see the schedule and know what we have to deal with.

I'm just hopeful that PCA will have a way to adjust to any cars that have to withdraw and the ability to add someone from the wait list during the event (says one of the slugs who were not fast enough at registration and now sit on the wait list).

John: In the past, Races 2 & 3 for PCA were gridded by the fastest lap in the prior race.
Old 06-30-2016, 10:26 AM
SoClose
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

The way I'm interpreting the Friday morning schedule is a rotation of 3 groups starting at 8:30 and finishing a 12:05, with each group having a 25 minute session. So if that is correct, it would allow each group to have 3 practice sessions by Noon?
Old 06-30-2016, 11:41 AM
audipwr1
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 107 Posts

Originally Posted by SoClose
The way I'm interpreting the Friday morning schedule is a rotation of 3 groups starting at 8:30 and finishing a 12:05, with each group having a 25 minute session. So if that is correct, it would allow each group to have 3 practice sessions by Noon?

There are like 7 run groups in that rotational it'll be one each
Old 06-30-2016, 12:36 PM
GWF911
Advanced

Wish I could join you all. I just spent last weekend at a Skip Barber Advanced Course at Laguna Seca. What a blast of a track. It will be a long drive from Denver to get my 996 Cup car out there but it will be worth it. Love that track!!!
Old 06-30-2016, 02:18 PM
400hp944
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by GWF911
Wish I could join you all. I just spent last weekend at a Skip Barber Advanced Course at Laguna Seca. What a blast of a track. It will be a long drive from Denver to get my 996 Cup car out there but it will be worth it. Love that track!!!
Come out to the POC event August 6-7. Would love to have you!
Old 06-30-2016, 02:57 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

There are some conflicts but if you want a lot of track time and 4 races entering into the SP group in Group 1 (or ITE ,or whatever) allows for the PCA guys that didnt get in to have a similar race experience, and effectively a second group of PCA in group 3 with some other cars.

Look forward to seeing the group there.

Ill speak to sherri about considerations for the next time we all run together. there shouldn't be any reason why they cant space the schedule out for those that want to do both groups.

Mark

Originally Posted by Tom W
Given the SCCA schedule is out and it only shows 1 PCA run group, it appears our hopes of PCA getting a second group are dashed.

While the SCCA and PCA groups are back-to-back Friday afternoon and twice on Saturday, they don't look terrible except for Sat afternoon where the PCA race ends and then SCCA qualify starts. Looks like you would just head out late to qualify for SCCA. The Saturday morning 'conflict' of PCA qualify and SCCA race would be addressed by getting the PCA qualifying lap in quickly and the getting to SCCA race grid. At least there is no back-to-back issue on Sunday. It's a tough 'problem' for there guys lucky enough to be able to run both.

I traded emails with Sherry at SCCA a couple days ago about what the schedule might look like and potential back-to-back issues and I interpreted the response as a very polite 'it will be what it is and just deal with it'. Now we see the schedule and know what we have to deal with.

I'm just hopeful that PCA will have a way to adjust to any cars that have to withdraw and the ability to add someone from the wait list during the event (says one of the slugs who were not fast enough at registration and now sit on the wait list).

John: In the past, Races 2 & 3 for PCA were gridded by the fastest lap in the prior race.
Old 06-30-2016, 06:32 PM
SoClose
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by audipwr1
There are like 7 run groups in that rotational it'll be one each
I guess that I'm mistaken- when I saw 7,4,5,6 on the same line I was thinking they would all run together- especially since last time I looked there were only a few cars in each of those groups.
The time adds up correctly as you suggest.
Old 07-01-2016, 02:15 PM
johneecatt
Pro

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by 400hp944
I'll be there!!
Old 07-01-2016, 09:48 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by 400hp944
Orange group is almost sold. Still spots in the Red group and the TA group....
Old 07-01-2016, 11:31 PM
bkovac
Rennlist Member

Received 16 Likes on 12 Posts

John, what is the max car count for the Orange Group?

Quick Reply: PCA ClubRace @ Laguna Seca Wait List?