Sponsored by:

Judge dismisses suit against Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 07:33 PM
TXE36
Drifting

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

Mark,

I've got to hand it to you, who knew a thread titled "Judge dismisses suit against Porsche" could be Kiborted?

You know, you don't have to argue about everything, right?

-Mike
Old 04-07-2016, 07:47 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 172 Posts

I have Falken R compund tires. They are from 2007.
I used them for D.E in 2013 on my 977RS and eventually spun the car.

They are garbage.

I now have them on my street driven 997 turbo however
Old 04-07-2016, 07:56 PM
hacker-pschorr
Administrator - "Tyson"
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 2,183 Likes on 1,233 Posts

Originally Posted by TXE36
A song by Carley Simon comes to mind....
Old 04-07-2016, 08:12 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 871 Likes on 430 Posts

Originally Posted by mark kibort
yeah, there are a lot of whiners here that crash and cry when their tires get more than 4 heat cycles. thats the pattern i see. i call out the obvious and anyone that cant handle something that isnt a cup car on new pirellis whine and complain. there are a lot of princesses here... are you one too?
You know what pattern the rest of us here see? Of course you don't.....
Old 04-07-2016, 09:46 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 165 Likes on 64 Posts

Originally Posted by TXE36
Mark,

I've got to hand it to you, who knew a thread titled "Judge dismisses suit against Porsche" could be Kiborted?

-Mike
i just say, tires dont cause crashes..... drivers do.. (unless it blows!) and everyone comes to the rescue of a 9 year old tire..... i

what have we learned here today. ironically, someone is trying to blame porshe for a car that was just too much for the driver. NOW, someone else say that its the tire, and i condemn that idea and suddenly im the bad guy?

Mike, tires good or bad dont cause crashes. drivers over their heads cause crashes.... its that simple. I race on 5-8 year old race rubber all the time.. sometimes they are nice sometimes they are not so nice, but it never causes even a wiggle.. why?? you have to take responsible for car control as a driver! period! its not the tires , its YOU if you crash on a heat cycled-out set of tires, or a tire that is really old, or rain, or coming out of the pits and going too fast before the tires are at temp.. etc etc etc! geeeezz!!

Originally Posted by tcsracing1
I have Falken R compund tires. They are from 2007.
I used them for D.E in 2013 on my 977RS and eventually spun the car.

They are garbage.

I now have them on my street driven 997 turbo however
uh oh... this list thinks you are going to crash and die now. so dangerous!! right? brother. thats what i do with the old stuff. if it doesnt feel right on the track, i just used them for commuter or practice tires. it doesnt make you "crash". ha ha ha

Originally Posted by winders
You know what pattern the rest of us here see? Of course you don't.....
yeah, you can blame the tires, but not the carerra GT. i blame the driver and anyone that knows anything about driving or cars, knows rodas crashed because he was an idiot and was showing off and got over his head. I would be a lot nicer about it, but he killed someone that i thought was a good dude and was an innocent passenger. im sure his last thoughts were..... FxxK dude, what are you doing!!!!????????
Old 04-07-2016, 09:49 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Hey, i just went into the garage, due to all the nonsense here, and found my oldest tire stock. found a couple of 2009s that ill put on for the POC race at Willow springs. im sure they will be just fine.... and i suspect 1 second off the new stuff im bringing.

Gents.... the tires didnt cause his crash. 6 -9 year old tires dont cause crashes..... drivers cause crashes.
Old 04-07-2016, 09:59 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,547 Likes on 817 Posts

Nobody cares what you have in your garage, Mark, nor if they will fail and put you in the wall.

And nobody--NOBODY--said the 9 year old tires caused the crash. Learn to read.

But they sure made the car much harder to control at the ridiculous speeds proved in court. So they were a factor than cannot be dismissed.

As one of our moderators admonished you in another of your masterfully ruined threads, find another windmill to tilt at.

To everyone else here: do NOT track race tires from 2009 at anything over parade lap speeds.
Old 04-08-2016, 08:16 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,296 Likes on 1,948 Posts

Nothing is mutually exclusive. No one is arguing that speed was not a major factor but conditions of the tires were a factor, albeit smaller in scope.

Second, you are talking about race tires in your situation and the topic at hand is street tires that have been on the car since they were mounted in Germany when the car was manufactured. Even you would have to agree (maybe not given whom this is directed to) that they were not stored in a climate controlled garage, wrapped in plastic etc. how a rational person can sit here and argue that the tires were fine and try to compare his personal experience with a race car is ridiculous on many levels. Are you a criminal defense attorney by any chance??
Old 04-08-2016, 09:32 AM
MJP911
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

It's lawsuits like that that give lawyers a bad name. Good to see justice served.
Old 04-08-2016, 12:59 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Nobody cares what you have in your garage, Mark, nor if they will fail and put you in the wall.

And nobody--NOBODY--said the 9 year old tires caused the crash. Learn to read.

But they sure made the car much harder to control at the ridiculous speeds proved in court. So they were a factor than cannot be dismissed.

As one of our moderators admonished you in another of your masterfully ruined threads, find another windmill to tilt at.

To everyone else here: do NOT track race tires from 2009 at anything over parade lap speeds.
Ok grandma.... 2009 hoosiers will cause accidents... you are a very confused person. there is nothing wrong with 2009 date coded race rubber. again, ive used them much older and have NO issues. none... if anything, they just dont have the level of stick..... not a problem for anyone over beginner level on the track.
so, the "proved it in court" the old tires caused the car to be harder to control? are you really saying this and more amazingly, agreeing with the lunatic , money thirsty lawyers actually offring this BS as truth?? a DOT race rubber tire, like a michellin sport pilolt 2, that is 9 years old is a great tire. has plenty of stick. what if he didnt heat the tires up, what if there was possibly some oil , water or tree sap on the asphalt.... what if he was showing off, and gave a little too much gas..... is it PORSCHES fault??? is it the tires fault? why is ANYONE Here thinking its anything other than Rodas' fault that the car crashed. anyone with more than a PEE size brain, that has been on the track for more than a day, knows this , seemingly, except for you!

anyone that drives a 500hp + hp car , needs to understand that the gas pedal can get you into trouble if you are not skilled at the full range of performance. look no farther than the YOUTUBE sports car "fails" to see what the common idiot does with too much power and poor skilll sets.

Im hear to tell you there is NOTHING wrong with DOT race rubber tires stored correctly that are 6-9 years old. are they optimal? no.... are they safe? hell yes! much safter than any street tire for sure!

when all the speed GT guys had to go from race rubber to 280 treadwear garbage Toyos T1S tires, did everyone go crashing into walls??? welll, some of the lesser drivers had some issues, but the majority of the drivers just lost 5-6 seconds a lap instantly..... these are 500hp + cars on very slippery tires.
The DRIVER was responsible to make driving adjustments... its that simple.
i thought it was great! it was the greaet equalizer, so i could keep up with the higher HP cars. like a rain race almost!!

my ONLY point here is that Rodas was responsible for the crash. not the tires, not the car, not the road, but the DRIVER!! period. end of story

BY THE WAY, to you initial statement.. it was you that insinuated that the 9year old tires were the cause!
Attached Images  
Old 04-08-2016, 01:14 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,547 Likes on 817 Posts

Wrong as usual, cupcake.
Old 04-08-2016, 01:46 PM
911SLOW
Admin
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 126 Likes on 99 Posts

Anybody know the exact torque and HP of the CGT?

I have an idea.
Old 04-08-2016, 02:03 PM
DTMiller
Rennlist Member

Received 306 Likes on 169 Posts

Originally Posted by 911SLOW

I have an idea.
Old 04-08-2016, 02:11 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

what were you getting at here? just curious. the hp/torque curves seem to be quite tame.

Originally Posted by 911SLOW

I have an idea.
what are you thinking? its pretty standard high reving 500hp dyno output. nothing unusual.. in fact, my car on the street is probably more difficult to drive, but i think its pretty tame on the street. i can't imagine getting the car even a wiggle anywhere on any road.
this CGT doesn't even make more than 400hp until you wind it up past 6000rpm...... so , more than likely Rodas just go over his head.... early... and couldnt correct . im sure he was drving in the 400hp range, with very moderate torque levels (for those torquies out there) and just lost control. its that simple. he couldn't handle it and killed himself and the passenger in a senseless event. ironically, this was a guy that was able to race when he wanted. wasnt too good there too as he crashed in practice in a WCGTS event. I think he was one of those guys that just shouldn't be pushing a car!
Attached Images  

Last edited by mark kibort; 04-08-2016 at 03:57 PM.
Old 04-08-2016, 02:18 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Wrong as usual, cupcake.
wrong about what?... as usual, your very descriptiive illusive response.

wrong that you brought up the 9 year old tires? (as a possible cause)
i even show you the photo of your response and you still denie and evade.

look Goofball... the tires are not the problem. 9 year old tires are more than safe if stored and taken care of properly. many 10s of 1000s of people are on the road with this age of tire, and probably NOT DOT spec race rubber! yet, are all of them crashing in to trees and exploding? my examples of the tires and times show that they can run at very high rates of speeds and gs with no issues. on the street, you NEVER get too those track limits. BUT, some do go way over them if driing as someone said... "axxhat"... but its not the tires
what about all the highs school kids with bias ply tires running 500hp on their vintange /late model mustang and camaros!
you either know the limits or you dont.... its that simple dave!

Quick Reply: Judge dismisses suit against Porsche