Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Judge dismisses suit against Porsche

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2016, 04:33 PM
al@cpt
Former Vendor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I started aging a set of slicks yesterday. I'll report back in 3,284 days with my findings. Can't wait!
Old 04-08-2016, 04:34 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Received 141 Likes on 60 Posts

Originally Posted by Carsly
terribly inaccurate. The US DOT recommends a six-year replacement interval on tires regardless of mileage. Older rubber loses its pliability and therefore grip. it also becomes more rigid and thus more prone to cracks and outright failure. They can't force anyone to change tires any more than they can force you to change your motor oil or brake fluid (or pads and rotors, for that matter).
ii have to laugh at that... do you understand how the government works or thinks? they have to make laws and rules to satisfy worst case scenario.
Tire rack also recommends the same.. but they have a vested interest in folks changing tires out....
Racing organizations say seat belts are not good more than 5 years
they also say the helmets are no good after 10 years. really, DOT and these organizations really telling us the straight scoop?
what they are doing is protecting their axx's, from the idiots that go sue crazy when something goes wrong. that believe everythig they are told, and we all pay the price.

CLASSIC : my kid had to toss his baseball helmet because we wrote his name on the back with a magic marker. SOME GENIUS in chemical and structural engeering, (not) said that the magic marker weakens the plastic.

1000 more examples!!

a tire in Arizona sitting on the street for 9 years is a little different than a Carrera GT sitting in a garage in northern California.
US DOT also recommends changing the airfilter to get better gas mileage and that's UTTER BS ! (no truth to that at all)
DOT, also wants smog done every year

so, i have tires that are 8 years old right now on a exotic street car. while they are not optimal with grip vs a new one, they are not dangerous by any stretch. ive tracked them, etc. ive see tires a few years old that i wouldnt drive on on others cars! it depends on conditions. i dont need the government to tell me when to change a tire. however, it is a good practice as it will save someone that is in arizona a blow out in the middle of the desert
Old 04-08-2016, 04:34 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,431 Likes on 765 Posts

Originally Posted by Hacker-Pschorr
BOW CHICKA BOW BOW

Originally Posted by Carsly
terribly inaccurate. The US DOT recommends a six-year replacement interval on tires regardless of mileage. Older rubber loses its pliability and therefore grip. it also becomes more rigid and thus more prone to cracks and outright failure. They can't force anyone to change tires any more than they can force you to change your motor oil or brake fluid (or pads and rotors, for that matter).
Don't confuse him with facts.

Originally Posted by Hacker-Pschorr
You rule!!!
Old 04-08-2016, 04:40 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 2,929 Likes on 1,737 Posts

Originally Posted by al@cpt
I started aging a set of slicks yesterday. I'll report back in 3,284 days with my findings. Can't wait!
lol... Who knew that tires and wine both get better with age?

Meanwhile...

The daughter of Paul Walker has won a $10.1 million settlement from the estate of Roger Rodas, who was behind the wheel of the Porsche in which both men died in November 2013.

Jeff Milam, the attorney for 17-year-old Meadow Walker, told TMZ.com that while Rodas was partially responsible for the crash, while not "directing the car through any particularly unsafe maneuvers when it went out of control."

The settlement between Walker and the Rodas estate was finalized in November 2014 but remained undisclosed until this week.

USA TODAY
Judge: Porsche not at fault in crash that killed Paul Walker

"Through his estate, Mr. Rodas, the driver of the car, took partial responsibility for the crash," Milas said in a statement to USA TODAY. "Meadow's lawsuit against Porsche AG – a $13 billion corporation – intends to hold the company responsibly for producing a vehicle that was defective and caused Paul Walker's death."

He said the money would be placed in a trust for Meadow Walker, but that it only covers "a fraction of what her father would have earned had his life not been tragically cut short."
Old 04-08-2016, 04:43 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Dave.... you are so funny!

all i said was its the driver, not the tires or car! maybe i shouldn't have filled in the blanks with details. and examples.. oh yeah... confused with the details are you?

yeah, ill go toss out the my kids baseball helmet because someone in the GOVERNMENT thinks that magic markers weaken the plastic by writing the kids name on the back.
its that kind of thinking that gets us into trouble... but im more concerned with guys like you that foster this kind of illogical thinking and offense! in court, people don't use their brains.. they go half cocked and believe the things they are told by guys from special interest groups, or from folks that just want to be opportunists and steal money through the courts with bogus claims that folks on a jury can be bewildered into believing.

no one can take responsibility for their actions anymore.. its sickening!

Old 04-08-2016, 04:46 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

right on! she deserved every penny!

BUT, in NO way is Porsche at fault. . all driver error!
yeah.... the car was "defective".... that's really funny.

Originally Posted by CFGT3
lol... Who knew that tires and wine both get better with age?

Meanwhile...

The daughter of Paul Walker has won a $10.1 million settlement from the estate of Roger Rodas, who was behind the wheel of the Porsche in which both men died in November 2013.

Jeff Milam, the attorney for 17-year-old Meadow Walker, told TMZ.com that while Rodas was partially responsible for the crash, while not "directing the car through any particularly unsafe maneuvers when it went out of control."

The settlement between Walker and the Rodas estate was finalized in November 2014 but remained undisclosed until this week.

USA TODAY
Judge: Porsche not at fault in crash that killed Paul Walker

"Through his estate, Mr. Rodas, the driver of the car, took partial responsibility for the crash," Milas said in a statement to USA TODAY. "Meadow's lawsuit against Porsche AG – a $13 billion corporation – intends to hold the company responsibly for producing a vehicle that was defective and caused Paul Walker's death."

He said the money would be placed in a trust for Meadow Walker, but that it only covers "a fraction of what her father would have earned had his life not been tragically cut short."
Old 04-08-2016, 05:01 PM
DTMiller
Rennlist Member

Received 272 Likes on 160 Posts

Mark,

Do you have a newsletter I can subscribe to?

All my best.
Old 04-08-2016, 05:33 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by DTMiller
Mark,

Do you have a newsletter I can subscribe to?

All my best.
you're on it!

Last edited by mark kibort; 04-08-2016 at 07:16 PM.
Old 04-08-2016, 05:38 PM
DTMiller
Rennlist Member

*you're
Old 04-08-2016, 05:39 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

*you're
fixed.. thanks!
Old 04-08-2016, 05:45 PM
DTMiller
Rennlist Member

Sometimes the most brilliant but slightly misunderstood geniuses of our time need a copy editor.
Old 04-08-2016, 06:18 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,431 Likes on 765 Posts

Originally Posted by mark kibort
your'e on it!
You're not your'e

Old 04-08-2016, 07:17 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
You're not your'e

fixed! thanks!
Old 04-08-2016, 07:30 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Sometimes the most brilliant but slightly misunderstood geniuses of our time need a copy editor.
You'll (haha) fix my contractions and I'll solve your conundrums!

by the way........ i should have a disclaimer... please excuse typos, as im writing on a very small screen laptop i can barely see.
Old 04-08-2016, 11:01 PM
tcsracing1
Rennlist Member

Received 256 Likes on 172 Posts

my GT4 clubsport came new with Michelin rains. For delivery purposes only.

Would they be suitable for a rainy D.E day?

Quick Reply: Judge dismisses suit against Porsche