Sponsored by:

Recaro Polo Position Recall: Updates?

Search this Thread

Old 07-15-2015, 06:47 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

Received 1,807 Likes on 1,102 Posts

Originally Posted by froggert
The only person that has been responsive at all at Recaro is someone named Beverly. She just responded to my latest email with an offer of a 20% discount on a new seat since I missed the cutoff by 5 weeks. Needless to say, I'm not happy and will not be purchasing any Recaro products in the future.

997TTMeteor, PM me your email address and I'll forward the info that Beverly sent me.
Froggert: they go by the date of your purchase, not seat dates... my seats are dated several months before the cutoff.

Did you purchase from a local shop you have a relationship with? Maybe they can assist?
Old 07-16-2015, 03:20 PM
froggert
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by Spyerx
Froggert: they go by the date of your purchase, not seat dates... my seats are dated several months before the cutoff.

Did you purchase from a local shop you have a relationship with? Maybe they can assist?
Date of purchase was September 19, 2012. Recaro's cutoff is November 2012.

I've wasted enough time on this now. If they'd told me up front that all they were offering was a 20% discount, I wouldn't have even bothered going through the process. My car now has a Sparco seat in it and my kids will not be getting Recaro carseats any more, either.

I wish you guys luck in getting replacement seats.
Old 07-17-2015, 04:04 PM
AX993
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

Just want to mention my experience so far. Like most, I called Recaro Germany in early March who said they would be getting back to me, and also talked with a guy at Recaro USA, but after over 3 months no one ever contacted me. Luckily someone here on Rennlist posted that Recaro USA was now handling the process for USA customers. I again called them(USA) and when they said they had no record of my info that I gave to Germany and USA, I LOST it! Gave them an ear full!
After I calmed down, Tamara with Recaro USA sent me a form that I filled out and sent back with the required photos of my two seats, one in date, one out. The one I bought in 2013 they would replace, the one I bought in 2011 they offered a reduced price of $584.35 including shipping for a new one.
Yesterday I received the replacement (free) one and put the old one back in the same box and had UPS pick it up. Recaro paid the return shipping but not the pick-up fee of about $10 (Had to have it picked up because I have no vehicle big enough to haul the seat box).
The 2nd seat (one I paid for) is suppose to ship the 2nd week in August.
Overall, since my call to Tamara w/ Recaro USA, so far things have gone much better. I do wish Recaro had let the USA office handle things here from the start.
At this point, I am happy with the way Tamara at Recaro USA has gotten things done (Thanks Tamara!), and I'm Ok with the price I paid for the replacement of the older seat, which was out of warranty.
GlennB
Old 07-20-2015, 10:01 PM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

My seats arrived at shop. going in this week

The issue with the U.S. Office was supposedly compounded by a restructuring.

Anyway they made it right. 7mo after the issue was announced.

Last edited by Spyerx; 07-21-2015 at 12:13 AM.
Old 07-21-2015, 01:44 PM
CosmosMpower
Drifting

Received 53 Likes on 39 Posts

Originally Posted by glenn '88 944S
Just want to mention my experience so far. Like most, I called Recaro Germany in early March who said they would be getting back to me, and also talked with a guy at Recaro USA, but after over 3 months no one ever contacted me. Luckily someone here on Rennlist posted that Recaro USA was now handling the process for USA customers. I again called them(USA) and when they said they had no record of my info that I gave to Germany and USA, I LOST it! Gave them an ear full!
After I calmed down, Tamara with Recaro USA sent me a form that I filled out and sent back with the required photos of my two seats, one in date, one out. The one I bought in 2013 they would replace, the one I bought in 2011 they offered a reduced price of $584.35 including shipping for a new one.
Yesterday I received the replacement (free) one and put the old one back in the same box and had UPS pick it up. Recaro paid the return shipping but not the pick-up fee of about $10 (Had to have it picked up because I have no vehicle big enough to haul the seat box).
The 2nd seat (one I paid for) is suppose to ship the 2nd week in August.
Overall, since my call to Tamara w/ Recaro USA, so far things have gone much better. I do wish Recaro had let the USA office handle things here from the start.
At this point, I am happy with the way Tamara at Recaro USA has gotten things done (Thanks Tamara!), and I'm Ok with the price I paid for the replacement of the older seat, which was out of warranty.
GlennB
Isn't a 2011 seat still valid? (assuming it was post July manufacture)
Old 07-21-2015, 07:32 PM
AX993
Pro

Received 22 Likes on 20 Posts

CosmosMpower,

Please see:

https://www.recaro-automotive.com/us...nd-reca-1.html

It says the recalled seats are ones purchased starting on November 1, 2012, and produced up to November 2014.

I'm really not sure about the 2011 seat, if it is one of the affected seats or not, although FIA cert is good for 5 years.

I just didn't want to take a chance as I regularly have riders at Solo events and will have instructors at Solo and Track day events. For track days, PCA requires same or similar seats and restraints for instructor as driver has I believe.

Last edited by AX993; 07-21-2015 at 07:51 PM.
Old 07-25-2015, 02:40 AM
Spyerx
Rennlist Member

And... They are in the car smell new. Look a little newer. No crumbs or pennies under the seat cushion. Different fia sticker
Old 08-28-2015, 08:22 PM
skxf430
Rennlist Member

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

Chris,

Did you send your old seats back?

My cleaning person just threw the box out by accident.

Quick Reply: Recaro Polo Position Recall: Updates?