Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Laguna Seca Club Race

Search this Thread

Old 06-09-2015 | 04:41 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

A lot of the Pirelli porsches came out and ran with us in Group 3. the grid was funny.... all porsche GT3s and then me and the rest of the field. great race.... slowed up by only one caution for a broken nascar at the corkscrew.

fun race though

Mk
Attached Images         
Old 06-09-2015 | 08:43 PM
Tom W
Addict
Rennlist Member

I watched your races. Mike Hedland really showed that the Ferrari's are faster than the cups, it didn't even look close. That said, it looked like he retired early in the last race, anyone know what happened? I didn't see him post-race.
Old 06-09-2015 | 09:45 PM
fleadh
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Tom W
I watched your races. Mike Hedland really showed that the Ferrari's are faster than the cups, it didn't even look close. That said, it looked like he retired early in the last race, anyone know what happened? I didn't see him post-race.
Hey Tom,

The 458 is actually in a different class than the Cups so it's not totally fair to compare them. That said, the track was really slow for me.. I think there were a few cars in the group dropping oil. I know in our race on Sunday one of them blew up in front of me and dropped oil around the whole track -- that's why I pulled in. Wasn't able to get any useful data after that so I went home.

The PCA group race looked fun on Sunday! Was great seeing you again, it's been too long.

Here's a couple laps from practice:

And thanks for the photos Mark! :-)

-mike
Old 06-10-2015 | 12:49 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by fleadh
Hey Tom,

The 458 is actually in a different class than the Cups so it's not totally fair to compare them. That said, the track was really slow for me.. I think there were a few cars in the group dropping oil. I know in our race on Sunday one of them blew up in front of me and dropped oil around the whole track -- that's why I pulled in. Wasn't able to get any useful data after that so I went home.

The PCA group race looked fun on Sunday! Was great seeing you again, it's been too long.

Here's a couple laps from practice: Few laps during practice at the SCCA Regional at Laguna
Seca. - YouTube

And thanks for the photos Mark! :-)

-mike
Mike!

Great to see you out there and catch up in the pits. Been a long time. The car was very fast.... the video looks like one of my son's racing games.

anyway, no prob on the pics....... And thanks for the video at 2:45 .
Old 06-13-2015 | 05:44 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Old 06-13-2015 | 06:08 PM
mark kibort
Rennlist Member

Old 06-13-2015 | 09:28 PM
trygve
Instructor

Originally Posted by Tom W
John: Saturdays race was a cluster f*.

You got that right!

Tom, I only saw you momentarily, repeatedly, coming up in my mirrors and then vanishing soon thereafter. I wasn't always able to tell whether it was you or James Semien since your cars look similar in a quick glance in the mirror...

Here's my video from Sprint 2 (Sunday morning). Looks like you lapped me on lap 9 at the final corner (view of you in the mirror starts at 15:06 as you take T2 several cars back). I started P5 in SPB, got a good start, made my way to P2 on lap 5, and finished there.

Old 06-13-2015 | 09:45 PM
winders
Race Car

trygve,

If you reverse your rear view video (thx, 2BWise), it would be like a rear view mirror and make more sense to our brains as we watch the video.
Old 06-14-2015 | 01:46 AM
trygve
Instructor

Originally Posted by winders
trygve,

If you reverse your rear view video (thx, 2BWise), it would be like a rear view mirror and make more sense to our brains as we watch the video.
I'll give it another shot reversing it. I tried it at first, but it made no sense to my own brain for some reason, perhaps because knowing the track the flipped view of the rear camera did not make sense to me looking at it on the computer screen (vs. physically looking in a rearview mirror).
Old 06-19-2015 | 01:32 PM
SoClose
Racer

We're doing a Speed Ventures event at Laguna Seca next weekend, and since it is a DE event with only one race group, I doubt that there will be tire service there.
Our first time there- is anyone aware of a tire or race shop close to the track to mount for us?

Quick Reply: Laguna Seca Club Race