Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2014, 04:15 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Value of a Recaro Pro Racer Hans XL

I'm going to sell my seat, but have no idea of the value. Please chime in if you will. I bought it last year and used it all of 3 times. Great seat, but really uncomfortable for me. Going to replace with a Pole Position or Profi XL. Thanks!!

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 04-06-2014, 07:11 PM
twk63
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 46 Posts

Pm sent
Old 04-06-2014, 07:51 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thanks for the inquiries guys. I forgot to mention that I do not have the correct seat pad, but can probably swap it out for the right one. It got mixed up at the cmp race last year with another driver. I usually take them out when I race. I will also get some pics as soon as I get it out of the car.
Old 04-07-2014, 05:26 AM
spg993tt
Three Wheelin'

Received 32 Likes on 25 Posts

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
I'm going to sell my seat, but have no idea of the value. Please chime in if you will. I bought it last year and used it all of 3 times. Great seat, but really uncomfortable for me. Going to replace with a Pole Position or Profi XL. Thanks!!
600 bucks maybe 700 we've sold a few for about there when someone got the wrong size.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:14 AM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by spg993tt
600 bucks maybe 700 we've sold a few for about there when someone got the wrong size.
600? Really? Retail is about 1800 for an XL. Is there that much mark up in these things that you can sell a practically brand new seat at a 67% discount? Do you make up for it with a restocking fee?

I'll take 2 gently used Profi XL's at that discount please.
Old 04-07-2014, 09:15 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,411 Likes on 753 Posts

Used 3 times?

Did any of those 3 times involve a Code Brown moment?
Old 04-07-2014, 09:32 AM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Used 3 times?

Did any of those 3 times involve a Code Brown moment?
Ha! Thankfully zero with this car. It blew the engine the 1st weekend, so it was down a year.
Old 04-07-2014, 11:57 AM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

One of the problems with selling a used seat is the shipping. It will cost about $100 to ship it while the shops usually ship them for free. Your best bet might be to take it with you to your next race and sell it at the track.

What is the date stamp?
Old 04-07-2014, 12:07 PM
Circuit Motorsports
Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

My rule of thumb is 15% a year for the first three years of it's FIA life. After that it's about 5-10% with a bottom of 35-45% of new cost.
Old 04-07-2014, 12:43 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thanks guys. Good feedback. Already have some good offers on the table. Was really just looking for a ball park price so I know what I can spend on the next one.

Anyway: Manufacture date April 2012.

I will take some pics and post here next week. My idea is to get the new seat in and package my Hans model with the new packaging to make shipping easy.

After I get the seat out, you guys can revise your offer if needed. I will have to use it this weekend for the simple fact that I can't get another seat shipped in time to replace this one. In fact, I'm having a hard time getting any info from any provider concerning Recaro seats.

Here was my thought process. I have an older pole position that fits nicely (except for the belt hole height) and the bolt pattern allows it to sit almost directly on the floor. I'm hoping that the Profi XL has a similar bolt pattern and will fit much like the pole position but allow extra shoulder room and belt hole height. I guess I've trained the quads too much over the years and the Pro Hans just doesn't give me enough room in the lower area. On top of that, I have a long torso and I would like to sit lower. I actually called Brey Krause and they suggest some brackets that would bolt the seat closer to the floor. However, once I got the seat out and the brackets off, it was almost identical to the Recaro brackets. errr Thanks Brey Krause. They even put me on hold to talk with an "engineer". Anyway, time wasted and effort wasted.

So, finding a seat is difficult at best for me. Suggestions welcome.
Old 04-15-2014, 02:30 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Some pics after removal. I used it over the weekend. It has a little wear on the halo which I highlighted from rubbing on the car top. Also, scratches from install/removal which I hide with a sharpie (a tad OCD with my stuff). Overall, an awesome seat...just doesn't fit well. I will contact those interest and point them here first.
Attached Images            
Old 04-15-2014, 05:20 PM
linzman
Rennlist Member

Received 78 Likes on 41 Posts

I use a Profi XL and it fits well. I am 6'8" and the shoulder holes are fine. From what I recall when trying all the seats, the Profi XL has a tad more room in the seat area than the halo XL. I have always wanted a halo seat for racing, but the halo part always seems to dig into my shoulders and my seat is mounted directly to floor (no sliders) and I am afraid in case of a need for a quick escape, the halo would be an obstruction, since I can't slide the seat back to make more room.
Old 04-15-2014, 05:24 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by linzman
I use a Profi XL and it fits well. I am 6'8" and the shoulder holes are fine. From what I recall when trying all the seats, the Profi XL has a tad more room in the seat area than the halo XL. I have always wanted a halo seat for racing, but the halo part always seems to dig into my shoulders and my seat is mounted directly to floor (no sliders) and I am afraid in case of a need for a quick escape, the halo would be an obstruction, since I can't slide the seat back to make more room.
Yep, some of the same issues. Love the seat, but just isn't practical or safe for me. My gear gets caught on the halo on exit.
Old 04-16-2014, 02:41 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Thanks everyone. Seat is sold. I pray the Profi XL "fits" the bill!!

Quick Reply: Value of a Recaro Pro Racer Hans XL