Looking for wheel etc for use iRacing

Search this Thread

Old 10-22-2014, 02:18 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
Yes, Rick. Here's the site:http://www.perfectpedal.com

Now, mods that you'll need to make are to secure the pedals to a base that attaches to the seat so that WHEN you wail on the brake pedal, it doesn't push away. I have mine set to require 80-90 pounds of force to actuate the ABS (in cars so equipped) or lockup (the steering goes light and you lose directional control!) on the cars you "drive."

Makes a HUGE difference...
I've built my own pedals that are pressure sensitive... master cylinder out of an old International Scout, plumbed to a ICP sensor off a Ford Powerstroke, and that's wired to a USB A/D board. I configured it to require 150lbs of force or so at the pedal (which I got from reading various forums about race car brakes).

Now that I've done a LOT more track time since building this thing out (several iterations now but always the same ICP sensor and pedal force) I'm thinking about either re-doing it, or just going back to a commercial setup and trying out this Perfect Pedal thing. My setup just requires too much pressure to activate with almost 0 "give" to the pedal.

Does the PP have a bit of "give" before the brakes "bite"?
Old 10-22-2014, 02:39 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,054 Likes on 1,791 Posts

Originally Posted by OmniGLH
I'm thinking about either re-doing it, or just going back to a commercial setup and trying out this Perfect Pedal thing. My setup just requires too much pressure to activate with almost 0 "give" to the pedal.

Does the PP have a bit of "give" before the brakes "bite"?
Completely adjustable in the PP. You can change (lessen) the fluid volume to "build" some play, increase compliance and improve modulation in the pedal (GT cars and sedans) or increase fluid level by a few cc and lessen it. There's a kit available with the PP to do that or just tell them what you want when you order.

Agree on the pressure. That's why 60-80 is plenty, even a little on the high side. The stock is 2-3 lbs, which works only if you take your shoes off, and even then, not that well...
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 10-22-2014, 02:48 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Completely adjustable in the PP. You can change (lessen) the fluid volume to "build" some play, increase compliance and improve modulation in the pedal (GT cars and sedans) or increase fluid level by a few cc and lessen it. There's a kit available with the PP to do that or just tell them what you want when you order.

Agree on the pressure. That's why 60-80 is plenty, even a little on the high side. The stock is 2-3 lbs, which works only if you take your shoes off, and even then, not that well...
Thanks.

I'll consider PP if I can't engineer something.

Tho at $250 for the PP, I could order up a set of Fanatec CSP's.... will require some more research.
Old 10-22-2014, 05:50 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,054 Likes on 1,791 Posts

I have both... Like the PP.
Old 10-22-2014, 06:26 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

I have both... Like the PP.
Excellent. Thanks.
Old 10-22-2014, 08:35 PM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Received 52 Likes on 40 Posts

Is there a single source to get a full cockpit; seat, pedals, wheel of high quality without spending a fortune? Once the cockpit is acquired, what's the best computer set up? I plan to place the setup in front of relatively new 70" Samsung TV.

Thanks in advance for the insights.
Old 10-22-2014, 09:04 PM
HoBoJoe
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 6 Posts

There are a few companies that do everything including a PC, but it's not cheap.

Here is one I know off the top of my head, no affiliation: http://www.mainperformancepc.com/
Old 12-28-2014, 11:13 PM
RickBetterley
Addict
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 37 Likes on 18 Posts

Yes, Rick. Here's the site:http://www.perfectpedal.com Now, mods that you'll need to make are to secure the pedals to a base that attaches to the seat so that WHEN you wail on the brake pedal, it doesn't push away. I have mine set to require 80-90 pounds of force to actuate the ABS (in cars so equipped) or lockup (the steering goes light and you lose directional control!) on the cars you "drive." Makes a HUGE difference...
Hi Peter
I finally received and installed the pedal upgrade - what an improvement! Much easier to 'drive' like I thought I knew how.
Thanks for the suggestion.

Quick Reply: Looking for wheel etc for use iRacing