Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

2013 Grand Prix of India

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 01:23 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by My993C2
On a different note, Alonso won't have to change helmets next week.
That's pretty funny actually. That helmet is so dumb.

I'm wondering, aside from the money, if Kimi made a good decision going to Ferrari. With what RoGro has been doing lately, the Lotus sure looks like a better car.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:07 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
I have to agree. Just when you didn't think Alonso couldn't possibly become more of a douche, he defies logic... I guess when you only have 2 Aces and your last one came last decade, you have to crow about something
I just saw the picture. I AM NOT SURPRISED OF THE DOUCHE BAGGARY of Fredika Alonso. I know why Ferrari signed Kimi, they did it to get a guy who will work hard to bring Ferrari back and act like a man instead of a teenage girl.
Old 10-28-2013, 02:37 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I can't believe how you guys are so down on Alonso. He's widely regarded as one of the hardest chargers on the grid, and he has single handedly kept Ferrari in contention.
However, I will agree that this helmet seems like a half assed ploy to gain some attention.
I have a feeling that Kimi will regret his decision as well, and lose motivation when he can't get this team to raise its game, a pattern he's already fallen prey to.
I really wish they'd have signed Hulky.
Old 10-28-2013, 03:06 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I thought that was one of the most strategic races of the season. Could not tell how it was going to turn out until after 1st or 2nd pit stops.

Kimi should have moved aside for RoGro. He had no tires to complete the last 10 laps and finish on the podium. I know there is no love left between him and the team or his teammate, but there is professionalism. Kimi was emotional. Surprise! Should we celebrate?
Anyway, I'm not sure Kimi made the right decision. Lotus loved him and would do anything to build the car of his liking. Ferrari will build a car for FA and, if history is any indication, there will likely be friction between the drivers.

What is that smell? Something sweet? Yes! That is the smell of victory.

Bid congrats to Vettel and RBR for earning their place in history where only 2 have gone before.
What many say about him connecting with the crew and all the factory workers as well as really being a student of the sport seems to be a theme among the very best.
Old 10-28-2013, 05:30 PM
dbf73
Boost Junkie
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 43 Likes on 35 Posts

Given how close RBR likes to run to the edge, I'm surprised the combination of the donuts burning off both tire rubber and the normal cooldown lap pickup along with SV throwing his gloves into the crowd didn't result in them being underweight.

On an unrelated note, have any of the other Renault engined teams had the alternator failures that RBR has? If so, they just haven't been as noticeable and if not, is the cause tight packaging leading to over heating or the speculated traction control hanky panky or?
Old 10-29-2013, 01:16 AM
TexasRider
Late Porkchops
Rennlist Member

Received 97 Likes on 52 Posts

Originally Posted by Astroman
That's pretty funny actually. That helmet is so dumb.

I'm wondering, aside from the money, if Kimi made a good decision going to Ferrari. With what RoGro has been doing lately, the Lotus sure looks like a better car.
Yeah me too. But I am HOPING that Ferrari can come to the dance ready to race with the new cars on 2014 as they build "engines" right. I think Kimi thinks the same thing too. Damn shame it didnt play to him to get a good finsih here , but at Abu coming he might could go it again.

THE BIGGIE for Vettel for this season was won in the board room, but almost everybody forgets it. He was doing Ok, but remember all the talk about the "different winners" early in the season. WHen they got Pirelli to go back to last years tire compound and construction Vettel and RBR blew them all away from that point on. Not surprising really as he did the same last year. That is not meant to take any thing away from Vettel or RBR but it safe to guess that they were the best set on those tires two years in a row and it showed.
Old 10-29-2013, 02:08 AM
9.5 Degrees
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Below is the Lotus, Kimi communication. Pretty wild comments (rarely anyone says naughty words in F1) from both sides, starting with Permaine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTZSn...ature=youtu.be

What was not heard is the yelling at the pits after the race, don't know what was said but it seemed Kimi was the stronger of two.

Permaine is getting a bit of heat actually. He's been giving many bitter comments towards Kimi after he announced he will go to Ferrari ("Kimi would be forgotten without us" etc.) not to mention Gro has been his favorite all along.
Interesting to see how good Kimi's car is in rest of the races...

And no, I'm not defending Kimi's action yesterday, he should've moved away earlier although it's pretty clear he has not been treated that well after the announcement.
Permaine should grow up a bit and look what has happened to Lotus after Kimi started, not to mention all the salaries they've been delaying (not so much Kimi's salary but the rest of the team who, with delayed salaries, are in trouble with their livelihood) and not be so bitter people are leaving.
That's a shame that it's come down to this. Above all, F1 is not Nascar and calm and professional heads have always prevailed. Certainly when Kimi left Ferrari he did not do tihs, but everyone can see that the team was hurt that he decided to leave.

Congrats to Vettel and RB for a totally domination of the 2013 season. I hope they have terrible time of it next year.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:52 PM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Oh Lewis. Where are you? I just want to, gleefully, point out that your driver prediction for the 2013 WDC was wrong. I'm sure you are heart broken and still wiping tears from your eyes which is why we have not heard from you yet. Drown you sorrow in this then come back and tell us how it feels.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:27 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Massa was faster than Kimi pre-accident, now it is expected Kimi will challenge Alonso..

Old 10-30-2013, 07:30 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by 9.5 Degrees
That's a shame that it's come down to this. Above all, F1 is not Nascar and calm and professional heads have always prevailed. Certainly when Kimi left Ferrari he did not do this, but everyone can see that the team was hurt that he decided to leave.

Congrats to Vettel and RB for a totally domination of the 2013 season. I hope they have terrible time of it next year.
I was thinking this a bit more and feel that it really was ****ty from Permane.
He has been especially bitter after Kimo said he's leaving (and also praising and I'm sure given special attention to Gro which is normal because they need to convince future sponsors) but you don't yell at your driver like that who is risking his life, racing at 300 km/h!
Drivers need and should ONLY get cool and informative stuff while racing, I'm glad Kimi fought back during and after the race.
Here's a video of them meeting after the race at the pits, man I wish we could hear what Kimi says. Caption contest?

Old 10-30-2013, 07:31 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

Below is the Lotus, Kimi communication. Pretty wild comments (rarely anyone says naughty words in F1) from both sides, starting with Permaine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTZSn...ature=youtu.be

What was not heard is the yelling at the pits after the race, don't know what was said but it seemed Kimi was the stronger of two.

Permaine is getting a bit of heat actually. He's been giving many bitter comments towards Kimi after he announced he will go to Ferrari ("Kimi would be forgotten without us" etc.) not to mention Gro has been his favorite all along.
Interesting to see how good Kimi's car is in rest of the races...

And no, I'm not defending Kimi's action yesterday, he should've moved away earlier although it's pretty clear he has not been treated that well after the announcement.
Permaine should grow up a bit and look what has happened to Lotus after Kimi started, not to mention all the salaries they've been delaying (not so much Kimi's salary but the rest of the team who, with delayed salaries, are in trouble with their livelihood) and not be so bitter people are leaving.
Yep, Not his Boss, so Kimi can say what he pleases and he usually does ...........
Old 10-30-2013, 07:34 PM
A.Wayne
Formula One Spin Doctor
Rennlist Member

I was thinking this a bit more and feel that it really was ****ty from Permane.
He has been especially bitter after Kimo said he's leaving (and also praising and I'm sure given special attention to Gro which is normal because they need to convince future sponsors) but you don't yell at your driver like that who is risking his life, racing at 300 km/h!
Drivers need and should ONLY get cool and informative stuff while racing, I'm glad Kimi fought back during and after the race.
Here's a video of them meeting after the race at the pits, man I wish we could hear what Kimi says. Caption contest?

Kimi Räikkönen and Alan Permane after the Indian Gp - YouTube
Kimi's exit was negotiated a year ago, this was not new to the team, as was Massa's deal ..

Quick Reply: 2013 Grand Prix of India