Takuma "I love cows" Sato
5.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

2013 Grand Prix of India

Search this Thread

Old 10-24-2013 | 12:24 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

^ Might be true. Let's hope next year is less boring.
Old 10-24-2013 | 12:24 PM
ChrisFL
Rennlist Member

This is F1, engineering and design is king (Button's WC). But if RBR design was that much of an advantage, Webber must be a crappy driver
Old 10-24-2013 | 12:28 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

But if RBR design was that much of an advantage, Webber must be a crappy driver
Here's what he did when they both dove the very same (POS) car:

http://www.gptoday.com/full_story/vi...r_on_Top_Gear/
Old 10-24-2013 | 12:31 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by jbossolo
^ And the Vettel lover returns.

Obviously I know it takes more than raw talent alone to win a WDC.
My 9 y/o girl knows that. Thanks for pointing it out.

No amount of explaining will do with you guys. You'll continue to idolize RBR and Vettel like little adolescent girls. So be it.
Enough derailing the thread by your infatuation with the guy.
Look in the mirror. If there is anyone who continues to show how obsessed they are, it's the person looking back at you.

- Am I a fan of Red Bull Racing? Yes I am ... last time I checked I am allowed to cheer for anyone I want to cheer for.

- Am I a fan of Sebastian Vettel? Yes I am ... last time I checked I am allowed to cheer for anyone I want to cheer for.

- Do I think Vettel is the greatest ever? Heck no ... it is much too early in his career to be going down that path. Let's wait for many more years to transpire before we start asking that question.

Clearly Vettel has the best car this season. There are too many talented drivers in the field not to acknowledge the reason why he is on his recent winning streak is because he has better equipment that any of his rivals from the other top teams. But Vettel is just doing his job. You know, he is employed as a professional race car driver to win races and given that he is been given an extremely good car he is doing just that. Winning races. Now if he wasn't winning races with his superior car, then you would know something is wrong. Don't take this stuff so personal. I swear the fans are a million times more partisan than the actual drivers and teams are.

BTW ... Ferrari, McLaren and Williams all had dominant seasons in the past. But they never maintained their dominance, they always for one reason or another came back down to earth. One day Red Bull's dominance will also come to an end.
Old 10-24-2013 | 01:15 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

Dude, let me get this straight, you cite Wikipedia data all the way from the 70's to "prove" your point, write 20-line "mission statement" posts, and I'm the obsessed one? I guess I'm not the one who should be looking at that mirror of yours.

As for driving ability, see my referenced article, in which both Webber and Hamilton beat Vettel's time driving the same car at the same track. Guess that settles the discussion of driver v/s equipment.

Don't fret, keep rooting for your hero.
Old 10-24-2013 | 01:37 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

As for driving ability, see my referenced article, in which both Webber and Hamilton beat Vettel's time driving the same car at the same track. Guess that settles the discussion of driver v/s equipment.
Did Vettel, Hamilton and Webber drive the same car, at the same track, on the same day at the exact same time of the day? No they didn't.

Do you race? Do you have any real world track experience? I am only a amateur club level racer, nothing too hardcore. But I do this stuff in the real world and it is common knowledge that comparing lap times at anything other than the exact same session is a waste of time. Anyone with real world experience knows that track conditions change from hour to hour. Top Gear is a fun show, but it is only entertainment. If you indeed are a real world racer or at least someone who tracks their car, you get a big fail for trying to pass off this Top Gear comparison as anything other than entertainment.
Old 10-24-2013 | 01:42 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

^ And I'm the obsessed one. Sure.

As per your "racing" remarks, let's just say I can hold my own (COTA, HHR, TWS, MSR Houston and Cresson, Spring Mountain, Barber). Everyone knows that driving the exact same car under identical conditions, at the same time, is a physical impossibility. What Top Gear did is the closest you'll ever get to that. Chill, dude. And go buy another Vettel t-shirt.
Old 10-24-2013 | 01:47 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ChrisFL
This is F1, engineering and design is king (Button's WC). But if RBR design was that much of an advantage, Webber must be a crappy driver
I'm not a Webber fan at all, and he is not on the same level as Vettel, but he doesn't have the same car Vettel does. Independent of the TC Vettel's car is suspected of having, Webber's car, for whatever reason is infinitely more fragile than Vettel's car.
Attached Images  
Old 10-24-2013 | 01:54 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

^ And I'm the obsessed one. Sure.

As per your "racing" remarks, I can hold my own. Everyone knows that driving the exact same car under identical conditions, at the same time, is a physical impossibility. What Top Gear did is the closest you'll ever get to that.
Obsessed? No ... just having fun with someone who thinks they know more about real world racing than they actually do. If you actually knew more about this stuff you wouldn't contradict yourself like you just did. Once again, did these three drivers do this Top Gear test in the same car, on the same day at the exact same time of day? No they didn't. So why do you continue to try to claim this Top Gear test has any validity to it. It is entertainment, nothing more. But fear not, I too have so much about real world racing still to learn. I am nowhere nearly as knowledgeable when it comes to car setups compared to other more experienced racers.
Old 10-24-2013 | 01:55 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

Must be boring in Calgary...
Just sayin'
Old 10-24-2013 | 02:24 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

Oh, and just to prove there's no hard feelings, and in the spirit of friendly competition, I'll get you a treat when I go to COTA in 3 weeks to watch the USGP. A Webber cap.
Old 10-24-2013 | 02:53 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Oh, and just to prove there's no hard feelings, and in the spirit of friendly competition, I'll get you a treat when I go to COTA in 3 weeks to watch the USGP. A Webber cap.
Contrary to what you may think, I actually do cheer for Mark Webber in every race. You see I am a bigger fan of Red Bull Racing than I am a fan of Sebastian Vettel. I want both drivers to do well. Despite my differences with Ferrari, I agree with them completely that the team comes first before any driver and there should be no difference between Ferrari or Red Bull Racing (or any other team) when it comes to this.
Old 10-24-2013 | 02:59 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Haha.

Blasting and mocking Alonso and Ferrari? = A time-honored Rennlist passtime and tradition.

Questioning Vettel's ability ("greatness") and the integrity of RBR? = Sacrilege!!!!!!
Old 10-24-2013 | 03:33 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

True Jack
Old 10-24-2013 | 04:56 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

Questioning Vettel's ability ("greatness") and the integrity of RBR? = Sacrilege!!!!!!
Exactly. I'm not a fan of any team, per se. We each have our favorites, I like Alonso (as a driver only, he's quite the douche out of the car), Kimi, Webber, Hammy and Hulk. A lot of people have fallen in the "Vettel is the greatest ever" bandwagon, even the midget himself!:

http://www.gptours.com/index.php?com...8#.Uml6_RAo6M8

"People don't know how many titles Senna would have won," he told Bloomberg, "but Vettel is probably the best we've had."- B Ecclestone
PLEASE!!! Everybody agrees that statistically, Schumi is by far the greatest, and subjectively, nobody comes even a distant second to Senna's pace and car control.

Quick Reply: 2013 Grand Prix of India