Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

2013 Grand Prix of India

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2013 | 07:28 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
Wow, talk about blinders on. Of all the drivers, Villeneuve? Must be a Canadian thing, eh!
If the above statement is not proof that you have no clue when it comes to fast and talented racecar drivers, I don't know what is.

Unless you didn't realize it was Gilles, not Jacques?
Old 10-26-2013 | 01:49 AM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete
I have to agree. Just when you didn't think Alonso couldn't possibly become more of a douche, he defies logic... I guess when you only have 2 Aces and your last one came last decade, you have to crow about something
Guys - seriously!!!!!

Alonso - "In a statement regarding the helmet to be adorned in India, openly admitted that he was the benefactor of a points change regime and was tenuous to wear it." Part of Bernie's circus.

Any chance you get to jump on the guy you take it.
Old 10-27-2013 | 02:11 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by agdamis
Guys - seriously!!!!!

Alonso - "In a statement regarding the helmet to be adorned in India, openly admitted that he was the benefactor of a points change regime and was tenuous to wear it." Part of Bernie's circus.

Any chance you get to jump on the guy you take it.
If he thinks its foolish, why on Earth does he still do it? It just makes it even more silly...
We're nit jumping on Alonso, just commenting a stupid and very narcisstic thing he's done again.

Or do you disagree and think it was/is a good move?

Anyway, back to the race. Quite interesting and as boring as it is, congrats to Vettel & Red Bull for crushing the both titles, again.
Damn Webber's DNF although he had no chance to catch Vettel.
I was more keeping an eye on MB & Ferrari battling for 2nd in constructors, that will continue to be a good battle.
Great drive & strategy from Gro & Lotus, in Kimi's case that was the opposite, hopeless strategy.

Anyone noticed big black marks Seb was laying down when accelerating from corners? No TC and still was a second faster than others.
I really hope the new rules & engine changes the order, all credit to Seb & RB but this year especially has been too good from them.
Old 10-27-2013 | 02:32 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Loved the donuts in the end, I'm sure FIA gets their panties in a bunch a bit which makes the donuts even better.

Last edited by Flying Finn; 10-28-2013 at 11:12 AM.
Old 10-27-2013 | 03:30 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Way to go Seb and Red Bull, 26 second lead over the second place car. Personally I hope Newey knocks it out of the park again next year with the new rules and new car. I wouldn't mind seeing Vettel tie or surpass Schumacher in the record book.
Old 10-27-2013 | 03:33 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

The one-handed donuts were really great! Of course we can expect the FIA will make a mountain out of a mole hill here.

Very impressive what Vettel/RBR has done... but this boring season just got infinitely more boring.
Old 10-27-2013 | 04:42 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Vettel in his Red Bull was unstoppable today. Pitting on the 3rd lap falling back to 17th place and then working his way back into 2nd place. The only one who had a chance was Webber in the other Red Bull, but let's not forget Mark pouched his start.

Romain Grosjean was someone who also had an impressive race today. How he managed to make a one stopper work is a mystery. But he did it. Raikkonen's attempt at a one stopper was a bit of a fail. But Kimi appears to have fallen out at Lotus ever since he announced his departure to Ferrari for 2014. The Lotus people even swore at Raikkonen today to "Get the #### out of the way". It's Grosjean's team now. It's a bit of a long shot, but Lotus could still finish 2nd in the constructors championship, so it is in their best interest to still work with the Iceman.

On a different note, Alonso won't have to change helmets next week.

Last edited by My993C2; 10-27-2013 at 05:04 PM.
Old 10-27-2013 | 05:50 PM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

Congrats Seb and RB; class way to complete the race and championship with another outright win and total domination of the grid.

To bad the RB gremlins struck Webbo again, although there's wasn't a snowballs chance he'd catch Seb it would be nice to see him on the podium.

My man Kimi has been dumped from Lotus and RoGro given all the strategy and parts (if any) to be their man. I hope they keep the big picture in mind and still strive for 2nd in constructors.

Alonso appeared to somewhat give up with Massa showing he still has it for a future team to consider
Old 10-27-2013 | 07:41 PM
f8vr993
Rennlist Member

Congratz to RB & Vettel for WDC #4!(He might just surpass the shumey in 3-4 years.)
Nice drive by Grojean! Now I'd guess you're the #1 driver at Lotus for rest of season. (Hulkenberg would be a nice second driver here...)
Feel sorry for Webber's another DNF(just wonder what's wrong with RBR's second car? Always having some kind of mechanical issue??)

One more thing... I'd wish FIA dump Pirelli and get Michelin, Bridgestone or even Good Year back in F1.
Old 10-28-2013 | 10:50 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by My993C2
Vettel in his Red Bull was unstoppable today. Pitting on the 3rd lap falling back to 17th place and then working his way back into 2nd place. The only one who had a chance was Webber in the other Red Bull, but let's not forget Mark pouched his start.

Romain Grosjean was someone who also had an impressive race today. How he managed to make a one stopper work is a mystery. But he did it. Raikkonen's attempt at a one stopper was a bit of a fail. But Kimi appears to have fallen out at Lotus ever since he announced his departure to Ferrari for 2014. The Lotus people even swore at Raikkonen today to "Get the #### out of the way". It's Grosjean's team now. It's a bit of a long shot, but Lotus could still finish 2nd in the constructors championship, so it is in their best interest to still work with the Iceman.

On a different note, Alonso won't have to change helmets next week.
Umm, did you miss the part where he almost caused a crash with his team mate. It was quite clear that his teammate was faster. Kimi of all the people has benefitted from Gro moving out of the way. I would expect him to be professional and not jeopordize a team podium.

Kimi had already announced his retirement 2 races back and yet he was allowed to keep his position ahead of Gro. Kimi was disobeying the team, plain and simple.
Old 10-28-2013 | 10:52 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by the flyin' scotsman
Congrats Seb and RB; class way to complete the race and championship with another outright win and total domination of the grid.

To bad the RB gremlins struck Webbo again, although there's wasn't a snowballs chance he'd catch Seb it would be nice to see him on the podium.

My man Kimi has been dumped from Lotus and RoGro given all the strategy and parts (if any) to be their man. I hope they keep the big picture in mind and still strive for 2nd in constructors.

Alonso appeared to somewhat give up with Massa showing he still has it for a future team to consider
His race was compromised and so was his car. The pointed this out a few times.
Old 10-28-2013 | 11:23 AM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Below is the Lotus, Kimi communication. Pretty wild comments (rarely anyone says naughty words in F1) from both sides, starting with Permaine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTZSn...ature=youtu.be

What was not heard is the yelling at the pits after the race, don't know what was said but it seemed Kimi was the stronger of two.

Permaine is getting a bit of heat actually. He's been giving many bitter comments towards Kimi after he announced he will go to Ferrari ("Kimi would be forgotten without us" etc.) not to mention Gro has been his favorite all along.
Interesting to see how good Kimi's car is in rest of the races...

And no, I'm not defending Kimi's action yesterday, he should've moved away earlier although it's pretty clear he has not been treated that well after the announcement.
Permaine should grow up a bit and look what has happened to Lotus after Kimi started, not to mention all the salaries they've been delaying (not so much Kimi's salary but the rest of the team who, with delayed salaries, are in trouble with their livelihood) and not be so bitter people are leaving.
Old 10-28-2013 | 12:13 PM
Chads996
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Below is the Lotus, Kimi communication. Pretty wild comments (rarely anyone says naughty words in F1) from both sides, starting with Permaine.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pTZSn...ature=youtu.be

What was not heard is the yelling at the pits after the race, don't know what was said but it seemed Kimi was the stronger of two.

Permaine is getting a bit of heat actually. He's been giving many bitter comments towards Kimi after he announced he will go to Ferrari ("Kimi would be forgotten without us" etc.) not to mention Gro has been his favorite all along.
Interesting to see how good Kimi's car is in rest of the races...

And no, I'm not defending Kimi's action yesterday, he should've moved away earlier although it's pretty clear he has not been treated that well after the announcement.
Permaine should grow up a bit and look what has happened to Lotus after Kimi started, not to mention all the salaries they've been delaying (not so much Kimi's salary but the rest of the team who, with delayed salaries, are in trouble with their livelihood) and not be so bitter people are leaving.

Agree. Perhaps Kimi's response should have been.... "Sure, sure...pay me my owed money and I will."

On another note - anyone else notice how fast Vettel's car was exiting turn 1 at the start of the race? He was visibly on the throttle at least 2x faster than any other driver. Just flat left Hamilton like he was standing still. Damn impressive. Big congrats to Vettel and Red Bull. Not a doubt they absolutely have the winning car.

C.
Old 10-28-2013 | 12:28 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Umm, did you miss the part where he almost caused a crash with his team mate. It was quite clear that his teammate was faster. Kimi of all the people has benefitted from Gro moving out of the way. I would expect him to be professional and not jeopordize a team podium.

Kimi had already announced his retirement 2 races back and yet he was allowed to keep his position ahead of Gro. Kimi was disobeying the team, plain and simple.
Of course I saw it. There is no need to argue all the time. You and I are kind of saying the same thing (using different words of course). I just avoided directly slamming Raikkonen. But it is clear there is some bad blood brewing at Lotus on both sides of the fence. I am just saying that since Lotus still has an outside chance of finishing 2nd in the WCC, it would be in their best interest to continue working with the Iceman.

His race was compromised and so was his car.
Alonso's car was definitely damaged (more than just the front wing) after his collision with Webber and his collision with Button.
Old 10-28-2013 | 12:43 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Chads996
...On another note - anyone else notice how fast Vettel's car was exiting turn 1 at the start of the race? He was visibly on the throttle at least 2x faster than any other driver. Just flat left Hamilton like he was standing still. Damn impressive. Big congrats to Vettel and Red Bull. Not a doubt they absolutely have the winning car.

C.
Talking about Seb exiting turns fast, here's a photo I took during the race (with all the recent TC talk), he was laying some serious rubber on bunch of turns.
Attached Images  

Quick Reply: 2013 Grand Prix of India