5.56%
Voters: 36. You may not vote on this poll

2013 Grand Prix of India

Search this Thread

Old 10-25-2013 | 09:00 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by My993C2
It's extremely difficult to say who the "Best Ever" was. But if I had to name someone, I would name Aryton Senna. However we never did get to see Senna compete against Gilles Villeneuve. Not saying Gilles was the best, heck Villeneuve wasn't even a WDC. But he sure was fast and I suspect had he lived he would have won at least one title at Ferrari and likely would have moved on to McLaren or Williams to win more titles. Yes we will never know what Aryton Senna could have done above what he did, and we will also never know what Senna versus Villeneuve would have been like.
Wow, talk about blinders on. Of all the drivers, Villeneuve? Must be a Canadian thing, eh!
Old 10-25-2013 | 09:02 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by JustinL
I think it's your trollish tone and style of attacking the people you are arguing against instead of the argument that is grating. There are lots of reasonable people here to agree and disagree with, but your tone puts people off.
You must have not been around often. Some of the regulars are the biggest douche's I have ever seen. How come I don't see you crying about their constant tirades. Gimme a break..

He has every right to say what he wants. We have moderators to keep people in check.
Old 10-25-2013 | 09:05 AM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by 9.5 Degrees
Not for nothing but didn't you just become an F1 fan a couple years ago? Not throwing rocks, but just saying "the good old days" sounded weird of course that could be a medifore
Hahahaha, nailed him. Don't you know, he has watched every video in the last few yrs.
Old 10-25-2013 | 10:14 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Ray S
What a 'tard.....
I have to agree. Just when you didn't think Alonso couldn't possibly become more of a douche, he defies logic... I guess when you only have 2 Aces and your last one came last decade, you have to crow about something
Old 10-25-2013 | 10:20 AM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 968TurboS
Hahahaha, nailed him. Don't you know, he has watched every video in the last few yrs.
Once again the so called fans show that their partisan hatred towards drivers and teams they don't like seeing win extends towards other fans who don't view the world the same way they do. Exactly what did he nail me on again? You don't believe me when I tell you I have been a fan of F1 since the late 70s but took a few years off during the Schumacher/Alonso WDC winning years to do something else? Does your hatred really run that deep? Wow
Old 10-25-2013 | 10:26 AM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Wow, talk about blinders on. Of all the drivers, Villeneuve? Must be a Canadian thing, eh!
You do know we are talking about Gilles Villeneuve right? Not his son Jacques. Did you ever watch Gilles race? I am not saying Gilles was the best ever (I already said I was one of those who felt Aryton Senna was the best). All I said was we never got to see Gilles and Aryton compete against each other. It would have been fun watch this

compete against this ...

Maybe you disagree that Aryton Senna was not the best? You are entitled to have a different opinion. So who was the best? Oh let me guess, the best ever has to be the F1 Points World Record holder? LOL
Old 10-25-2013 | 11:15 AM
jbossolo
Drifting

You must have not been around often. Some of the regulars are the biggest douche's I have ever seen. How come I don't see you crying about their constant tirades. Gimme a break..

He has every right to say what he wants. We have moderators to keep people in check.
Thank you. All you have to do to be called a troll in here is say something negative about RBR/Vettel. Pathetic.
Old 10-25-2013 | 12:30 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

You do know we are talking about Gilles Villeneuve right? Not his son Jacques. Did you ever watch Gilles race? I am not saying Gilles was the best ever (I already said I was one of those who felt Aryton Senna was the best). All I said was we never got to see Gilles and Aryton compete against each other. It would have been fun watch this

Maybe you disagree that Aryton Senna was not the best? You are entitled to have a different opinion. So who was the best? Oh let me guess, the best ever has to be the F1 Points World Record holder? LOL
Not at all. I didn't watch Senna enough to have an opinion. Also, the competition plays a big part on how good one really is. MS was very fortunate to have minimal competition. He wouldn't have won as many titles with today's crop of drivers. It's too subjective to say who is the best driver.
Old 10-25-2013 | 12:31 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

Once again the so called fans show that their partisan hatred towards drivers and teams they don't like seeing win extends towards other fans who don't view the world the same way they do. Exactly what did he nail me on again? You don't believe me when I tell you I have been a fan of F1 since the late 70s but took a few years off during the Schumacher/Alonso WDC winning years to do something else? Does your hatred really run that deep? Wow
Show me one post where I am spewing hatred. I don't despise any driver, unlike most here. The girl's club here is all about hatred. You have me mistaken.
Old 10-25-2013 | 12:57 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Show me one post where I am spewing hatred.
LOL ... there must have been someone who hijacked your account and posted two messages at 6:02 and 6:05 this morning which were both attack messages. Too funny that you attempt to play innocent here now. Not that I give a rats *** about being attacked, but exactly what does my nationality have to do with the topic at hand? and yet you felt the need to bring it up. You know I lived 8 great years in Colorado and had the time of my life during those years (which just happen to be the same time Schumacher and Alonso won their respective championships). I will always have fond memories of my time in Colorado. But you know little about the world if you think I am living in a worse place. Yes my weather is more harsh where I am now, but in case you haven't noticed, things are actually pretty good up here.

Funny thing is I actually agree with you when you say "It's too subjective to say who is the best driver.". Remember I even said "It is difficult to say who was the best", and yet you still felt the need to attack. When Fangio raced, it was a different era than when Jim Clark raced, which was a different era when Jackie Stewart raced, which was a different era when Nicki Lauda raced, which was a different era when Senna raced, which was a different era when Schumacher raced which is a different era than today's racers. And yet my nationality is something you feel the need to attack all because we cheer for different drivers. Oh the irony ...

Last edited by My993C2; 10-25-2013 at 01:14 PM.
Old 10-25-2013 | 01:19 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

LOL ... there must have been someone who hijacked your account and posted two messages at 6:02 and 6:05 this morning which were both attack messages. Too funny that you attempt to play innocent here now. Not that I give a rats *** about being attacked, but exactly what does my nationality have to do with the topic at hand? and yet you felt the need to bring it up. You know I lived 8 great years in Colorado and had the time of my life during those years (which just happen to be the same time Schumacher and Alonso won their respective championships). I will always have fond memories of my time in Colorado. But you know little about the world if you think I am living in a worse place. Yes my weather is more harsh where I am now, but in case you haven't noticed, things are actually pretty good up here.

Funny thing is I actually agree with you when you say "It's too subjective to say who is the best driver.". Remember I even said "It is difficult to say who was the best", and yet you still felt the need to attack. When Fangio raced, it was a different era than when Jim Clark raced, which was a different era when Jackie Stewart raced, which was a different era when Nicki Lauda raced, which was a different era when Senna raced, which was a different era when Schumacher raced which is a different era than today's racers. And yet my nationality is something you feel the need to attack all because we cheer for different drivers. Oh the irony ...
Quotes please, where is the hatred? Where is the attack? I did not know disagreeing with you is attacking you, I so, please add a disclaimer under your signature that states so. Questioning or challenging your opinion is by no means attacking. How you take it is up to you.
Old 10-25-2013 | 01:35 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Where is the attack?
LOL ... why did you attack my nationality? What does my country of origin have to do with this? Oh I know, you attacked my nationality because I brought Gilles Villeneuve into the conversation. Did you notice that I am not the only person who was impressed with Gilles's racecraft? And the others who admire Viileneuve SR are not Canadian.

You say you barely knew what Senna did, meaning you didn't follow F1 during his era. That's okay, we all started following the sport at one point and it wasn't all at the same time. I am old enough to remember watching Lauda and Villeneuve race but did not follow the sport when Jackie Stewart was winning because I was a kid and am not old enough to remember Alberto Ascari, Juan Manuel Fangio, Jim Clark and Graham Hill. But I am still aware of their accomplishments. Instead of criticizing me for watching some historical races, maybe you should go back and watch some yourself. Then you will be more aware when we talk about Aryton Senna and Gilles Villeneuve.

PS: I still stand by my statement that it is extremely difficult to say who the best ever was, but if I had to choose one, I would choose Ayrton Senna. He was able to do things with his car that other drivers of his era could not do and he had a passion for racing that few others have displayed.
Old 10-25-2013 | 01:55 PM
RajDatta
Rennlist Member

How is it attacking, too sensitive possibly? I should have added an emoticon to show my expression. Next time I will remember.
Old 10-25-2013 | 04:21 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

The BBC's "Gary Anderson puts Red Bull's success down to lateral thinking"

Read more about it here ... http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/formula1/24659085
Old 10-25-2013 | 06:40 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

You see I was doing this during those years:
Sorry but I don't really see what you BASE jumping has to do with this (ridiculous) thread.

Of all the drivers, Villeneuve? Must be a Canadian thing, eh!
... why did you attack my nationality?
Am I missing something, or is this the "attack" you are referring to??

Quick Reply: 2013 Grand Prix of India