Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

NOOOOOOOOoooooooo!!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2013, 01:45 AM
Larry L
Race Car

Received 185 Likes on 146 Posts

I don't have a problem with Alonso's diva act. At least it doesn't manifest itself as contact on the track.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:51 AM
Larry L
Race Car

Received 185 Likes on 146 Posts

FTR, the "surrender monkey" comment was sarcasm. I have nothing but respect for the accomplishments of Renault and for France in general.

My apologies for the failed attempt at humor.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:51 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

How many have noticed the conspicuous absence of the founding members of the - Alonso Ball Washing Fan Club?

I guess they won't be seen until DV starts winning races and leading the in WDC points. Then they will be everywhere telling us how she is greatest ever. The best driver on the grid. blah blah blah (I wonder how the drivers are going to vote this year)
Old 08-04-2013, 01:54 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Don't blame me for their absence....I picked Alonso for the 2013 WDC at the beginning of the season.

Clearly the Olive Branch was rejected....
Old 08-05-2013, 01:35 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,219 Likes on 1,898 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Surrender monkey?
Please allow me to remind you...only once I might add, that this is not OT P&C.

And BTW, Alonso's 2nd WDC was due to an extremely rare Ferrari engine failure at Suzuka. IIRC, Schmacher and Ferrari had the race and WDC well in hand prior to that occurring.

And BTW #2, what has Alonso done since then? How many WDC has he brought home to Maranello?

And BTW #3, Mika and McLaren beat Schumacher in the WDC ... And I have infinitely more respect for Mika than Alonso.
You failed to mention that WDC #1 for FA came after a change in the rules to the "one set of tires" per race. One could argue that the 2005 WDC went to Michelin.

It's never been a secret that Ferrari come first, whether it was Prost, Schumacher, Kimi, Alonso or perhaps Vettel in the future. The TEAM comes first, period. If Alonso pulled that $hit with Enzo still alive, he'd be out on his *** right now, Santander or not.

I think the problem lies in today's drivers mentalities. Once again, I'll go back to the what if old man Enzo was still alive? Would he have tolerated a driver blackmailing his team? How about tweeting data for the world to see? He would have had them killed not fired. It's just a different world.
Old 08-05-2013, 05:45 AM
enduro911
Pro

Received 13 Likes on 9 Posts

Old Man Ferrari would have run his team into bankruptcy and into the ground to win the (an) argument. Ferrari is a very different company now then it was. Can you imagine Enzo approving of the sale of a bunch of random items with The Horse on them? He was reluctant to sell cars to people at first and later looked at it being sly because he got people to pay too much for them. Alonso and Santander would be out. With random companies stepping up to back Lotus, do you think Ferrari could find a source of money other than a Spanish bank with poor corporate credit? You bet.

Quick Reply: NOOOOOOOOoooooooo!!!!!