Addict
Rennlist Member

Rennlist Small
Business Sponsor

Received 10 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by SeanR
So where is the whiny OP been?
Two things about the OP.

One, he had just destroyed his car, second time this year. That sucks and I can understand how unhappy I'd be at the thought of that. A post after an incident like this will always have passion clouding judegment to some point.

Two, he hasn't taken video down, locked thread or anything. That says something.
Old 06-20-2013, 11:29 AM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 253 Likes on 170 Posts

Originally Posted by Circuit Motorsports
Two things about the OP.

One, he had just destroyed his car, second time this year. That sucks and I can understand how unhappy I'd be at the thought of that. A post after an incident like this will always have passion clouding judegment to some point.

Two, he hasn't taken video down, locked thread or anything. That says something.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:48 PM
Sterling Doc
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by sbelles
+2. This has been a useful discussion, and has trigged some thoughts about further reducing contact, which I may post on another thread, but we shouldn't forget there are real people that we've dissected and Monday-morning quarter backed pretty hard (myself included)

Last edited by Sterling Doc; 06-20-2013 at 01:08 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:50 PM
Nizer
Rennlist Member

Received 1,792 Likes on 935 Posts

Originally Posted by f1rocks
There are a lot of run groups (read the threads on cup cars) that would do better to know who their competitors are in a group setting.
Never met a Cup drover I didn't like. Rose-tinted glasses I guess....

Last edited by Nizer; 06-20-2013 at 01:52 PM.
Old 06-20-2013, 01:07 PM
mooty
GT3 player par excellence
Lifetime Rennlist

Received 5,531 Likes on 2,288 Posts

Originally Posted by Nizer
Never met a Cup drover I didn't like. Rose-colored glasses I guess....
LOL, you better not come to CA
Old 06-20-2013, 01:19 PM
hf1
Rennlist Member

Received 1,638 Likes on 1,122 Posts

Originally Posted by Sterling Doc
+2. This has been a useful discussion, and has trigged some thoughts about further reducing contact, which I may post on another thread, but we shouldn't forget there are real people that we've dissected and Monday-morning quarter backed pretty hard (myself included)
+1
Credit and kudos to the OP for offering his predicament for public dissection. He paid for our tuition in more ways than one.

Same goes for Speedtoys for offering and defending a different point of view, especially against an overwhelmingly opposing consensus. The discussion would have been be much less fruitful without this.

I hope no one took anything personally and everyone benefited from this debate. I'm sure that, as racing/track addicts, we would all enjoy racing and/or having a beer together.

Old 06-20-2013, 02:22 PM
dave morris
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 12 Posts

he hasn't taken video down, locked thread or anything. That says something.
Agree.
Old 06-20-2013, 03:48 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 158 Posts

Two things about the OP.

Good points Joe, but i'm still trying to get over the chop you put on me in the TDI...

Old 06-20-2013, 04:07 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The incriminating video is not his to take down. In fact, he SHOULD take down his video, which by itself, continues to attempt to smear and criticize the driver of the white car.

Is this the way it's going to be from now on with video in every car? Race on Sunday and then try to ruin someone's reputation on Monday? That's a sad state of affairs...
Old 06-20-2013, 04:09 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by Sterling Doc
See? That other thread I started which stated that mistakes and mishaps are where we learn the most has proven prophetic once again.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:42 PM
996FLT6
Rennlist Member

Received 246 Likes on 202 Posts

Suppose if white car had no incar video? Would his side of the story wo video be enuf. I don't have incar video. Mite get one. Mike
Old 06-20-2013, 04:48 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 258 Likes on 158 Posts

Originally Posted by 996FLT6
Suppose if white car had no incar video? Would his side of the story wo video be enuf. I don't have incar video. Mite get one. Mike
Not sure what you said, didn't read it, but please post once per page on every thread...
Old 06-20-2013, 04:49 PM
bauerjab
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by Astroman
The incriminating video is not his to take down. In fact, he SHOULD take down his video, which by itself, continues to attempt to smear and criticize the driver of the white car.

Is this the way it's going to be from now on with video in every car? Race on Sunday and then try to ruin someone's reputation on Monday? That's a sad state of affairs...
Exactly, the OP should be commended for nothing other than smearing another driver. We all make mistakes, and I've certainly made my share. But i have not come on this forum or and trashed any other driver, much less under the pretense of providing a teachable moment. You will note the OP has been nowhere to be found ever since the other video surfaced.
Old 06-20-2013, 04:59 PM
Rob in VA
Three Wheelin'

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts

First, I would like to thank everyone that has commented on this incident. I never planned on commenting because I felt the discussion would be better served without my involvement. I didn't want anyone to refrain from speaking their mind because they felt I may be offended. Some of you might not believe me, and some will continue to bash me and that's fine, but please continue reading.

Did I know the driver was there? Yes.
Did I know of the 3/4 rule beforehand? Yes.
Was my understanding of the rule used as a tool? No.

Some people may assume that I have a grudge against the other driver and wanted him to be punished and made ashamed of by posting the video in the way which it was presented. That is not at all the case.

Before this incident Jeff and I were friends, heck I even brought him two 6 packs of his favorite brew (stone IPA) in the paddock the day before the incident. After our incident, we have created an even stronger friendship. We have had several extended phone calls over the last few days talking about how this incident has created an opportunity for us all to better the sport, to improve the safety, to clearify the rule book, to better prepare Comp. school students, to recertify existing racers, to identify and address potential safety issues with Summit Point and maybe other tracks that aren't up to professional safety standards. Each of us as racers, collectively hold a lot of power. We need to use it.

Lastly, if you feel passionate about a problem with your sanctioning body, I ask you to speak up if you don't agree with the rules or the calls made by the officials, they will listen. Talk to Regional and National officers and let them know if you have a concern, they are listening.

Take care -

Rob
Old 06-20-2013, 05:02 PM
analogmike
Rennlist Member

Received 101 Likes on 41 Posts

Originally Posted by gums
See? That other thread I started which stated that mistakes and mishaps are where we learn the most has proven prophetic once again.
I like that. Sure there will be frustration and idiotic comments but it's good to observe these accidents and try to learn so it happens less.

Quick Reply: Video of my rollover