Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

2013 Grand Prix of Canada

Search this Thread

Old 06-10-2013, 02:15 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,428 Likes on 2,038 Posts

Guys, that was not a yellow flag when Alonso passed. It was a yellow and red debris flag.

And the people booing were Mark Webber fans :-)
Old 06-10-2013, 09:02 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

RB was definitely on their game yesterday. Vettel anyway. Why is Mark Webber so much slower in the same car?

Fernando clearly passed under yellow, but, alas, it was Ferrari. Should be 20 sec. post race penalty. Yawn. Nothing will happen.

I'm surprised Mercedes did not have better pace. They were doing a much better job of keeping the tires under the car. Couldn't have anything to do with a 1000 kilometer in season test. Nah. No way. I hope Ross Brawn is not the sacrificial lamb in tyregate.

Gotta feel for Kimi. The limits of the car and Lotus' lack of engineering prowess are beginning to show as they are not able to maintain the pace of development of the other top teams.
In Kimi, I saw a real class act and top level professional yesterday. He knew he did not have the car and made room for the leaders to pass even though he was going to get lapped.
Old 06-10-2013, 09:08 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,662 Likes on 856 Posts

HOLY CRAP!

R.I.P.

http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nascar...010852942.html
Old 06-10-2013, 09:37 AM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 262 Likes on 198 Posts

Tragic
Old 06-10-2013, 09:45 AM
Chads996
Nordschleife Master

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Indeed. Terrible. Thoughts and prayers to the worker's family.

C.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:07 AM
Larry L
Race Car

Received 185 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by paradisenb
RB was definitely on their game yesterday. Vettel anyway. Why is Mark Webber so much slower in the same car?

Fernando clearly passed under yellow, but, alas, it was Ferrari. Should be 20 sec. post race penalty. Yawn. Nothing will happen.

I'm surprised Mercedes did not have better pace. They were doing a much better job of keeping the tires under the car. Couldn't have anything to do with a 1000 kilometer in season test. Nah. No way. I hope Ross Brawn is not the sacrificial lamb in tyregate.

Gotta feel for Kimi. The limits of the car and Lotus' lack of engineering prowess are beginning to show as they are not able to maintain the pace of development of the other top teams.
In Kimi, I saw a real class act and top level professional yesterday. He knew he did not have the car and made room for the leaders to pass even though he was going to get lapped.
Webbers car will never be equal to Vettel's. The golden boy will always have the best of everything. Ocassionally webber manages to overcome the performance deficit, but the team usually finds a way to screw mark anyway.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:08 AM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Gotta feel for Kimi.
Can't judge Webber's pace in the 2nd half of the race since he stayed out there with his damaged wing. But in the first half he was not close to Vettel's performance. Speaking of Raikkonen, next year will be interesting if/when he joins Red Bull (if rumors are correct).
Old 06-10-2013, 10:40 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by My993C2
Can't judge Webber's pace in the 2nd half of the race since he stayed out there with his damaged wing. But in the first half he was not close to Vettel's performance. Speaking of Raikkonen, next year will be interesting if/when he joins Red Bull (if rumors are correct).
IIRC, Webber put in the fast lap of the race late. Don't know how much that broken end plate did to slow him down. I always love then bits and pieces fall off a car and the car performs the same or better. Gotta drive the aerodynamics guys crazy
Old 06-10-2013, 10:43 AM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 12 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by Larry L
Webbers car will never be equal to Vettel's. The golden boy will always have the best of everything. Ocassionally webber manages to overcome the performance deficit, but the team usually finds a way to screw mark anyway.
Webber is just a slower driver, it's as simple as that. Years of data and results to back it up. It's the difference between Alonso, Hamilton, Vettel versus Massa, Button, Webber.
Old 06-10-2013, 10:58 AM
paradisenb
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by consolidated
Webber is just a slower driver, it's as simple as that. Years of data and results to back it up. It's the difference between Alonso, Hamilton, Vettel versus Massa, Button, Webber.
These are facts. No team wants one of their cars to perform badly. Constructors points are worth millions each. Some drivers are just a few 10ths faster. If a driver is a ½ sec off the pace, they don't stay long in F1.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:03 AM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

to add to that, look at Vettel and Webber's performance in the wet, the great equalizer. Vettel is just faster/better and not just yesterday, although he looked incredible as he put it on pole in the wet, led every lap in the dry and won easily. Yes, the car is incredible, but someone has to drive it.

I always go back to the fact that Vettel scored points in his first F1 race with a Williams BMW, and won the first and only race for Toro Rosso which was 1 year removed from the Minardi team. No one else can claim that.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:07 AM
consolidated
Drifting

These are facts. No team wants one of their cars to perform badly. Constructors points are worth millions each. Some drivers are just a few 10ths faster. If a driver is a ½ sec off the pace, they don't stay long in F1.
Agree. Let's put it this way, what if Vettel didn't exist (Scuderia wet dream I know)? Alonso would likely have 4 WDCs now, Webber would still have zilch WDCs, with the same car, same Newey.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:17 AM
consolidated
Drifting

What about McLaren, I'm surprised they haven't made up more ground in development this far into the season, their usual strong suite. Hamilton is looking more and more like an (accidental) genius moving to Mercedes.

I have a feeling Kimi's chances are dwindling, Lotus doesn't have the resources to develop the car while the other front runners do. The other teams are closing (Merc, RB) or have closed (Ferrari, Force India) the tire deg gap.
Old 06-10-2013, 11:22 AM
Larry L
Race Car

Received 185 Likes on 146 Posts

Apparently everyone has forgotten about the race that webber had in hand earlier this year - before the team told mark to slow down and allowed Vettel to pass him.
Old 06-10-2013, 12:30 PM
Eifeler
Pro

I know Hammy wants to win but based on his pre-season expectations it would seem that he would be happy with a podium finish. Is it possible that he knows that Merc's season is about to get flushed?

Quick Reply: 2013 Grand Prix of Canada