2013 Grand Prix of Canada

Search this Thread

Old 06-08-2013, 11:05 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,328 Likes on 1,968 Posts

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
Bottas Pete, Bottas! I told you guys he's good.
Agree fully with you though, unless the conditions,are like today, no chance to stay there with Williams.
But still, soon another torn on Pete's side (=another good Finn for me to root for).
Forgive me Petu, the V and B keys are right next to each other But your right, you did say BOTTAS would be very good. He's out qualified Maldonado 5-2 at this point. Just needs a better car.

We like Finnish drivers and have a health respect for them. Even Jarno's father named him after a Finn. Kimi is one of my favorites and despite Mika driving for the Evil Empire, I liked him too!

Question for you, Petu: Why doesn't Keke ever go to the races or is seen with Nico on race weekends? I'm not saying to be over bearing like Hamilton's dad used to be, but kind of like Massa's dad or Jensen's dad, where you see them every once in a while. I never see Keke despite Nico's recent success.
Old 06-08-2013, 11:14 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
Why doesn't Keke ever go to the races or is seen with Nico on race weekends?
Keke was at Monaco two weeks ago and I have also seen Keke at a number of other races on Sky Sports pre/post race shows. But I don't think Keke goes to all the races, and if he does go to them all, he does not seek out the media cameras like some of the other dads/girlfriends do.
Old 06-09-2013, 07:29 AM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

Forgive me Petu, the V and B keys are right next to each other But your right, you did say BOTTAS would be very good. He's out qualified Maldonado 5-2 at this point. Just needs a better car.
I think you meant to say " Just needs a better SPONSOR" when comparing him to Maldonado.

If Kimi leaves Lotus (combined with their reported financial losses to date), Maldonado would be the perfect #1 driver.

P.S. I wish Max Chilton would just stand up and say "yes, my Dad and his clients bought my ride at Maurussia, so what?" rather than try and justify his place in F1.
Old 06-09-2013, 05:08 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts

We like Finnish drivers and have a health respect for them. Even Jarno's father named him after a Finn. Kimi is one of my favorites and despite Mika driving for the Evil Empire, I liked him too!

Question for you, Petu: Why doesn't Keke ever go to the races or is seen with Nico on race weekends? I'm not saying to be over bearing like Hamilton's dad used to be, but kind of like Massa's dad or Jensen's dad, where you see them every once in a while. I never see Keke despite Nico's recent success.
I know, I know, just messing with you...

As far as Keke... He only goes to very few races, 2-5 tops nowadays.
"Been there, done that" is part of it but mostly he doesn't go to races (besides Monaco which is obvious because he lives there) because he doesn't want to interfere with Nico and take attention from him.
He gives advice when Nico asks but doesn't push/offer it. His attitude is Nico is his own man.
I think it's admirable the way he handles it although it's a shame as he gives great comments and is a great character.

Back to race, pretty good although not for us Finns...
What was the nonsense penalty for Sutil and WTF do they allow non talented idiots like G. Van de Garden in F1?!?!
Well, Heikki will get to race soon because of he's so damn bad but he should not be in F1.
(not that racing with Caterham does any good to Heikki)
Old 06-09-2013, 05:31 PM
My993C2
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by Flying Finn
WTF do they allow non talented idiots like G. Van de Garden in F1?!?! Well, Heikki will get to race soon because of he's so damn bad but he should not be in F1. (not that racing with Caterham does any good to Heikki)
Congrats to Vettel and Red Bull for their win. Yes Vettel is in the best car but he also shone yesterday during the slippery qualifying sessions, so his success is more than just because of the car he is driving. Giedo van der Garde cost Webber a shot at the podium today and without a doubt Kovalainen was a million times better than van der Garde is. Could Webber have been able to stay in front of Alonso if the Aussie's car was never damaged? We will never know, the Ferrari is definitely a strong car on Sundays. But good battles between Alonso and Hamilton at the end of the race. A disappointing result for Bottas and Williams. As an old school fan of Williams, it's sad to see the British team not able to compete at the front of the field anymore. But Bottas does look better than Maldonado and Williams isn't the only British team who is struggling. Maybe Hamilton knew something last year we are only learning this season when he decided to leave McLaren.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:09 PM
FGL28
Anjin San
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Congrats to Vettel. Alonso did a great job but, as pointed out by the NBC Broadcast team, it appears from the feed that Freddy passed under Yellow.

Does Charlie put the hammer down? Or does the Mad Munchkin over rule?

I am ok with either outcome.

Hamilton did a great job. His racing against Alonso is very good.

As for Tyregate, I can only hope the Pirelli will put the screws to the FIA. The more competitive cars the better racing.

But with the FIA it seems Politics first good racing last.
Old 06-09-2013, 06:28 PM
the flyin' scotsman
Rennlist Member

Received 53 Likes on 22 Posts

good race for the most part with the best car/drivers placing well.

Didn't enjoy seeing my man Kimi getting lapped and the teams strategy to only 1 stop left me puzzeled.

An enjoyable couple of hours on a Sun aft.
Old 06-09-2013, 08:41 PM
consolidated
Drifting

Received 11 Likes on 5 Posts

Given the Scuderia's massive moaning after Brazil last year over Vettel's clean pass, the FIA needs to dink Fred a 10 second penalty for the pass under yellow. Very classy of Fred's fans to chant and boo Vettel on the podium, gotta love Ferrari homers, they act as if they're entitled to win.

Very sad that a race marshall was accidentally killed during the race.

Last edited by consolidated; 06-09-2013 at 08:59 PM.
Old 06-09-2013, 09:41 PM
Ray S
Ironman 140.6
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by FGL28
Congrats to Vettel. Alonso did a great job but, as pointed out by the NBC Broadcast team, it appears from the feed that Freddy passed under Yellow.

Does Charlie put the hammer down? Or does the Mad Munchkin over rule?
Probably nothing will come from it. Ferrari International Assistance is in effect.......

Entertaining race, but Vettel just smoked the field.
Old 06-09-2013, 10:37 PM
ltc
Super Moderator
Needs More Cowbell

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 10 Likes on 10 Posts

What pass under yellow?

Clearly the work of the Ferrari and Alonso haters yet again.

It was obvious that Vettel and Red Bull have benefitted by another secret and soon to be disclosed Pirelli test.
How else could they have suddenly overcome their tire wear issues?

Ferrari should immediately demand an investigation into Red Bull Racing and Pirelli.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:37 PM
Larry L
Race Car

Received 185 Likes on 146 Posts

Another red bull win and Vettel runaway.

This is almost as boring as the Schumacher years.
Old 06-09-2013, 11:46 PM
Boston Blazer
HaHa
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by consolidated
Very classy of Fred's fans to chant and boo Vettel on the podium, gotta love Ferrari homers, they act as if they're entitled to win.
+1 Disgraceful. No class at all. No wonder I loathe Ferrari.

SV put on a clinic today. Great race by di Resta. Kimi just doesn't have a car to compete with the big boys. Sadly, neither does McLaren.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:12 AM
Larry L
Race Car

Received 185 Likes on 146 Posts

Originally Posted by consolidated
Very sad that a race marshall was accidentally killed during the race.
I just saw the article. Truly a tragedy.
Old 06-10-2013, 01:21 AM
9.5 Degrees
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Alonso is on a dry set up and is in a good position to podium tomorrow, but probably not on the top step.

Vottas looked good, but he doesn't have the car in dry conditions, which is what is being forcast for tomorrow and will probably slip out of the top ten by mid race.
Pete, that is unreal!!! As usual, you were dead on right! You picked Vettel for the win, even though he had never won in Montreal, picked Alonso for a podium, but not the top spot and said Bottas would drop out of top ten by mid race. I believe VB dropped out 2 laps before the mid point.... Pretty close.

Other than Vettel, the drive of the race has to go to Vergne. Qualifies top 10 in the wet and ends 6th in the dry with no major DNFs!
Old 06-10-2013, 01:54 AM
agdamis
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 4 Posts

The Ferrari boys both had a great race, Alonso did a great job and I also thought Massa was very impressive he really found his mojo, nice to see him make good of a bad situation. I would venture to guess that Massa had the most passes of anyone else in the field.

Quick Reply: 2013 Grand Prix of Canada