Sponsored by:

Registration for COTA DE Open

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2013, 10:48 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,602 Likes on 834 Posts

Originally Posted by autosea
I will be the first to say everyone has been F'd over. My friend got a real ****ty reply when he asked about why he didnt seem to make the cut. They even still have his money. I am done with Texas.
Don't be a tard, son.

Nobody got "f'd over". There were 120 slots. All must be PCA members. I am pretty sure first priority went to those with long records of participating in PCA DE events, those verified as highly advanced solo drivers, as well as those in the 3 regions hosting the event. And all those who didn't make it WILL receive full refunds.
Old 04-24-2013, 11:21 PM
BC
Rennlist Member

Received 82 Likes on 55 Posts

Why not just go with some other org group?
Old 04-24-2013, 11:26 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 955 Likes on 552 Posts

I will be the first to say everyone has been F'd over. My friend got a real ****ty reply when he asked about why he didnt seem to make the cut. They even still have his money. I am done with Texas.
Woah....I can pretty much assure you there is no evil empire here. Texas PCA regions have 1000s of highly engaged track enthusiasts. The regional DEs fill up in the first 30 minutes, and are run my some of the nicest people of the highest integrity. Don't mix the COTA owner shenanigans with the folks who volunteer their time to regional PCA events, the very people who arranged this DE at COTA.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:41 AM
C4S/GT3
Rennlist Member

Received 22 Likes on 5 Posts

I know for a fact the event sold out in 30 seconds. I know for a fact people registered with no track experience, are not Yellow or White students, haven't drivien on track in 5 years, are not PCA members etc, etc.

No one got F'd. it's all time stamped once you hit "Register". Try hitting the "Enter" button a little quicker.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:47 AM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I am trully sorry for all drivers who wanted this chance to drive at COTA and did not make the cut. Just a couple of observations. A normal DE in Texas sells out in a matter of minutes. It's trully something to behold, I schedule my workday on registration dates to make sure I'm at a terminal 5 min before the opening.

Now add to that the allure of COTA and suddenly a national registration effort. I have spoken to Chris who runs CR.net and he told me the event was oversubscribed in seconds as in well under 30 seconds. There is no conspiracy in the great free state of Texas there are however a lot of drivers.

So the best we can all hope for is that the massive volunteer effort being out on by the three Texas regions will convince COTA management that our organization can be trusted to Handel the track better than Grand Am. If this occurs and our drivers act in their normal courteous maner I am confident we will be invited back and have events there for several years and allow others to sample this new track.

BTW I registered 12.00.12 a couple of hundredths of a second into the registration.

Last edited by Vonschmidt; 04-25-2013 at 10:58 AM.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:25 AM
jbossolo
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

as well as those in the 3 regions hosting the event.
This more than likely.

Agree with others, Texas PCA people are of the highest dedication and integrity.
Just venting.
Old 04-25-2013, 09:22 AM
TXE36
Drifting

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by Vonschmidt
I am trully sorry for all drivers who wanted this chance to drive at COTA and did not make the cut. Just a couple of observations. A normal DE in Texas sells out in a matter of minutes. It's trully something to behold, I schedule my workday on registration dates to make sure I'm at a terminal 5 min before the opening.
I've got Outlook meeting appointments throughout the year at 12:00 CST, 4 weeks before each event with a 2 day reminder. My boss and coworkers know this is a hard stop. (I negotiated it while accepting the job ).

The TX events are very popular, but generally you get in if you are there at 12 and are not in green or blue. It's even possible to get a garage if you really want it. Green and blue sells out in minutes. For COTA, you needed to be there at 12 and be very quick. The regional allotments made this even trickier. Someone in LSR could have beat someone in Maverick or Hill Country before 120, but if they didn't beat the first 40 from LSR, they missed.

These guys do their best to accommodate. We have even had advanced whites run in red to make more space at TWS events. At 12 on sign up day, Club Registration noticeably slows as people hit the server.

True story: I also registered for once DE in between a funeral service and the wake as I didn't have a smart phone, so I made a quick pit stop at the hotel. Got in at 12:20 and damned near missed the event. This was a "plain" TWS event and the yellow run group.

-Mike
Old 04-29-2013, 12:20 PM
dsfnctn
Instructor

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I live in Washington State. So I tell my friend that I grew up with that owns a trucking company to offer services for race transport. He get the job the day of race group resistration to haul 6 cars from Oregon to COTA. Since I am his mentor I tell him that he will be sad to go all the way down and just sit like he did at Rennsport rennunion. So I tell him to do the DE. Since I am his mentor he has bad *** PCA GT car that he DEs with so no problem. So we patiently wait for the DE sign up date and have two computers waiting and get him signed up. Now we are all being patient getting the truck and car prepped the race group is finally confirmed and then all of a sudden the race shop calls and out of nowhere cancels the whole trip because one of their guys didnt register fast enough and didnt get in . No problem plan B. We decide we will go anyway and do DE since he never takes a vacation. So we work on smaller tow rig. As of now we still dont know if he is actually going. Seems to me that this whole deal reeks of havic and dissfunction and we are starting to wonder WTF???

He is from Washington state . I would be pissed as well if I had to organize the schedule of a long haul job around this mess. Still no roster? Im just say'n with the invention of computers and all how long of a job is it to count the first 120 people to sign up ,then toss out 30 for the good ol Texas boys to get in. LOL
Old 04-29-2013, 01:09 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts

I was on the waitlist and got my confirmation email today! Looking forward to it
Old 04-29-2013, 03:15 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,602 Likes on 834 Posts

Awesome, can't wait to see you car!!!
Old 05-01-2013, 12:26 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Any body know how we can rent golf carts? Sent the registrar an email but never heard back. We are not in the garages so I assume we'll definitely be needing carts to get around.
Old 05-01-2013, 12:33 PM
TXE36
Drifting

Originally Posted by Spartan
Any body know how we can rent golf carts? Sent the registrar an email but never heard back. We are not in the garages so I assume we'll definitely be needing carts to get around.
Golf Cart rental in middle of page.

-Mike
Old 05-01-2013, 01:38 PM
Spartan
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by TXE36
I hadn't even seen that page before thanks!
Old 05-01-2013, 04:16 PM
TXE36
Drifting

Originally Posted by Spartan
I hadn't even seen that page before thanks!
You're welcome. Perhaps it is worth pointing out that the COTA PCA CR/DE event page is here:
2013 Carrera of the Americas

It's the official page. The schedule has been posted as well.

It's likely to be organized chaos, and patience will go a long way to greasing the rails. It's obvious that the volunteer organizers have been working *a lot* on this and they deserve the benefit of the doubt when questions arise. I can't wait.

I feel like a 6 year old two weeks from Christmas and I'm pushing 50. And people ask why I like to drive on a race track .

-Mike
Old 05-01-2013, 04:27 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Attention! COTA has instituted a new rule:

Quick Reply: Registration for COTA DE Open