BlackRain
Racer

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts

I'm in, hope to see you there Gene
Old 04-20-2013, 02:43 PM
e9stibi
Drifting

Received 33 Likes on 24 Posts

I am in and my track buddy made it, too! CU out there!

Where can I get a good track map with some ideal lines and a good video to get used to COTA?

Thanks
Old 04-20-2013, 04:07 PM
ShakeNBake
Rennlist Member

Received 953 Likes on 551 Posts

Knocking on wood that the car makes it through the TWS event next week....
Old 04-20-2013, 08:29 PM
preetham
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Just got confirmation..made my weekend. Now it's time to prep my Spyder for the weekend. Can't wait to meet all you guys and learn a new world class track.
Cheers,
Preetham
Old 04-20-2013, 10:30 PM
Vonschmidt
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I received our confirmation email, while I was at TWS with NASA this weekend. Best of luck to all of you that are still waiting.
Old 04-23-2013, 03:38 PM
txhokie4life
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

Got my Dear John cancelation email.

No specifics....

I was on the edge anyway since I was not a PCA Red/Yellow.
Although I've got almost 35 hours W2W logged in with ChumpCar
and I'm a member at Harris Hill with numerous track days there.

Mike
Old 04-24-2013, 10:19 AM
jbossolo
Drifting

^ Same unceremonious response here, despite more than 12 DE events per year since 2004 (TWS, HHR, MSR Houston and Cresson, Spring Mountain Motorsports, COTA), active PCA DE Instructor status, etc. I guess you gotta "know people"...

Congrats to all who got in, enjoy it. It's a world-class venue.
Old 04-24-2013, 01:19 PM
autosea
Rennlist Member

Received 34 Likes on 25 Posts

I live in Washington State. So I tell my friend that I grew up with that owns a trucking company to offer services for race transport. He get the job the day of race group resistration to haul 6 cars from Oregon to COTA. Since I am his mentor I tell him that he will be sad to go all the way down and just sit like he did at Rennsport rennunion. So I tell him to do the DE. Since I am his mentor he has bad *** PCA GT car that he DEs with so no problem. So we patiently wait for the DE sign up date and have two computers waiting and get him signed up. Now we are all being patient getting the truck and car prepped the race group is finally confirmed and then all of a sudden the race shop calls and out of nowhere cancels the whole trip because one of their guys didnt register fast enough and didnt get in . No problem plan B. We decide we will go anyway and do DE since he never takes a vacation. So we work on smaller tow rig. As of now we still dont know if he is actually going. Seems to me that this whole deal reeks of havic and dissfunction and we are starting to wonder WTF???
Old 04-24-2013, 03:49 PM
txhokie4life
Drifting

Received 76 Likes on 60 Posts

Well I'm a 7.1 mile tow. A little more than 2 laps :-)

So I'm hoping for a last minute cancelation -- or maybe trade some volunteering for some Sunday track time.

Maybe I can just take my CTT out there and run support from corner station to corner station via the track :-)

Mike
Old 04-24-2013, 04:00 PM
TXE36
Drifting

Received 191 Likes on 128 Posts

Originally Posted by jbossolo
^ Same unceremonious response here, despite more than 12 DE events per year since 2004 (TWS, HHR, MSR Houston and Cresson, Spring Mountain Motorsports, COTA), active PCA DE Instructor status, etc. I guess you gotta "know people"...

Congrats to all who got in, enjoy it. It's a world-class venue.

Now I don't think that's all that fair. I'm a regular, as is several of the people that I know who got in, but none of us "know people". If anything I'm known as one of the local professional "tight wads" and I'm certainly not the fastest in my run group. 120 spots, lots of demand, it's math. At least for the DE, they have pretty much followed what they said they would do and I think that's true for the CR as well.

I do wish they would publish the roster, however. With any luck this will not be a one time thing and those that missed will get another opportunity.

-Mike
Old 04-24-2013, 05:36 PM
autosea
Rennlist Member

"With any luck this will not be a one time thing and those that missed will get another opportunity."

I will bet that those that missed will never have to go this opportunity again
Old 04-24-2013, 07:13 PM
jbossolo
Drifting

I get your point Mike, but how bout a bit more info? In my case it isn't lack of track experience, as you can see. I've even driven that track solo already back in Feb. As to registration time, I had registered, paid AND gotten a confirmation/invoice e-mail by PayPal at 12:02 PM. I doubt 120 people were any faster than that, so what gives? I'm not bitter, just that the whole deal seems a little bit "occult" to me, particularly that whole biz of keeping the roster "disabled". Pretty convenient, if you ask me.

I sent an e-mail to the event registrar asking a bit more info, no answer yet.

Like I said, congrats to those "lucky" enough to get in.
Old 04-24-2013, 09:21 PM
autosea
Rennlist Member

I will be the first to say everyone has been F'd over. My friend got a real ****ty reply when he asked about why he didnt seem to make the cut. They even still have his money. I am done with Texas.
Old 04-24-2013, 10:17 PM
ExMB
Rennlist Member

Received 1,352 Likes on 823 Posts

I know some that got in. Apparently, as posted on the net, the DE event sold out in the first 30 seconds. Plus there appeared to have been a quota per region. Since 3 regions got together to do this its possible that some who got a cancellation notice were caught in the regional quota. And maybe they had to save some slots above and beyond for other PCA regions besides TX; OK, AR, etc,

Just guessing.

Quick Reply: Registration for COTA DE Open