Hey, Danica Patrick haters...

Search this Thread

Old 02-19-2013, 08:51 AM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,680 Likes on 868 Posts

Originally Posted by ltc
Where did you come up with that?

If she finishes in the top 5 at the end of the season while winning at least one race, or actually wins a championship, then the debate will be over....that's all.

It's nice to see that testosterone does in fact inhibit higher order brain function in primates.
So...again...you are presuming to be the final arbiter of the "debate"? ROFL!

It's nice to see that ego and misogyny do in fact inhibit clear thinking...
Old 02-19-2013, 09:58 AM
onefastviking
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Default Danica already won !

Yes, I think Danica already won,along with GoDaddy, Nascar, TS, and BR.
Afterall, we are all talking about her, and them. She is not talking about us.

Regardless how she got there,or whether she can or does do any more winning, she has accomplished the goal for NASCAR/GoDaddy/and the rest. It's about publicity, and they got it.

Danica can still beat the pants off of 99.99% of the drivers on RL, and the .01% that might be able to give her a run for the money can't get the publicity that she has been so good at. And if you can't get sponsor $$, or bring the money yourself, then you aren't racing !

She's won guys, sorry.

BTW-Pole really doesn't matter at Daytona, actually it may be a hindrance. Anyone care to guess how many pole sitters have actually won Daytona over the last say 14 years ?

I think Danica is a worthy driver, tit's or no tit's, ***** or no *****,however, I do also think she can do a fast lap better than she can actually race. She seems to drive her mirrors a little too much, I'm sure she has been coached on this and we will see if it's an issue or not with her on pole, that's for sure.
Old 02-19-2013, 01:27 PM
roketman
Rennlist Member

Received 223 Likes on 95 Posts

The woman has made history,good for her.
Just think if she was ugly how mean the non believers would be!
I am ok with a good looking female doing well!
Old 02-19-2013, 01:54 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 911 Likes on 445 Posts

Originally Posted by onefastviking
BTW-Pole really doesn't matter at Daytona, actually it may be a hindrance. Anyone care to guess how many pole sitters have actually won Daytona over the last say 14 years ?
Hindrance? Just because not many have one form the pole doesn't make it a hindrance. Over the history of the race, is any other single grid position any better than pole? No....

1: 9 wins
2: 7 wins
4: 7 wins
7: 5 wins
3, 9, 12, 19: 3 wins

It tails off from there....

Scott
Old 02-19-2013, 02:47 PM
onefastviking
Race Car

I said won over the last 14 years, here, let me help you, it's 2.
http://www.cbssports.com/nascar/history/daytona

I would argue that pole is the best position to be in for this race.
If it were not a race where drafting counted - ok.
Or if it were a sprint race and not a 500 - ok.
If it was not a race requiring pitstops - ok.

Danica seems to drive her mirrors more than most other drivers, for this reason alone her being on the pole could prove a huge hindrance.

Those are my opinions.
Me personally, I would want to be in position 4 or 2 at the start, history shows over the last 20 years at Daytona your odds are twice as good winning from start position 4 as they are from the pole.

My point with this whole Danica thing which you seem to have missed is that by us discussing and talking about Danica she and NASCAR have already won. This is a media event that happens to have a car race going on in the middle of it.

I guess we will see after next weekend.

Originally Posted by winders
Hindrance? Just because not many have one form the pole doesn't make it a hindrance. Over the history of the race, is any other single grid position any better than pole? No....

1: 9 wins
2: 7 wins
4: 7 wins
7: 5 wins
3, 9, 12, 19: 3 wins

It tails off from there....

Scott
Old 02-19-2013, 03:06 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 911 Likes on 445 Posts

Don't get your panties all up in a bunch! I didn't miss anything........

Based on the stats for the last 20 years, you have as good a chance winning from 19th as you do from pole. I am not saying that the pole position is better than 4 or 2 or 7 or 10. It's just not worse which is what you suggested.

What matters most is the car, the team, the driver, and fortune.

Scott
Old 02-19-2013, 03:44 PM
GT3 Techno
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by onefastviking
My point with this whole Danica thing which you seem to have missed is that by us discussing and talking about Danica she and NASCAR have already won. This is a media event that happens to have a car race going on in the middle of it.
Bingo.

How many people in the stands for the Sprint Unlimited race at Daytona Saturday night ? 5,000 ? Did you ever seen a smaller crowd for a NASCAR race starring most of the big names ?

Danica on the pole is great marketing...
Old 02-19-2013, 03:49 PM
ir_fuel
Drifting

Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I have NO idea what all the fuss is about, but bad-mouthing someone in racing because of the way someone got to where they are now is complete crap imo. How many of those high-profile racers (no matter what series, Nascar, F1, Blancpain ....) got there because mommy and daddy had a lot of money and gave their little boy hundreds of thousands of dollars worth of training, equipment etc etc.? Face it, to make it in racing 2 things count, in that order: 1 is money, 2 is talent.
Your average Joe (and even a lot of not so average Joe's) will never get to show of all his skills, because if there is nobody with a pile of cash behind him to support him the story ends pretty quickly.
Is the fact that you get a lot of money to go racing because you are from a rich family more fair than getting that money because you have good PR + connections?
Old 02-19-2013, 03:58 PM
GuyIncognito
Rennlist Member

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by GT3 Techno
Danica on the pole is great marketing...
as evidenced by a 100 post thread on a Porsche forum....

Old 02-19-2013, 04:17 PM
Hoosier_Daddy
Rennlist Member

Received 33 Likes on 20 Posts

Originally Posted by mmporsche
It comes down to the fact that she is an outwardly arrogant person that hasn't really achieved any true success when you take away the "woman card".
What?

- P1 for the Daytona 500
- IndyCar Victory

Anyone who pulls either of those two feats off certainly has found some true success.

She probably succeeds more each day by noon than most of us in a year. She has made millions of dollars for hundreds of people and in the USA it's most certainly a measure of true success. Not only that, but anyone who wins even one race at a top level most certainly has found, how did you put it... true success.

There are thousands of hotter chicks out there who can't spell their own names, can't do crap AND are bitches on wheels. Patrick can hold her head up in any crowd and is one Hell of a truly successful person. I wish I had half of her success.
Old 02-19-2013, 04:43 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,680 Likes on 868 Posts

Originally Posted by mmporsche
My dislike for Danica has nothing to do with the fact she is a woman or has done this or that or whatever. It comes down to the fact that she is an outwardly arrogant person that hasn't really achieved any true success when you take away the "woman card". I would respect her if she was more humble about what she is trying to accomplish. My turning point was when I saw her on a tv interview, I think it was Letterman. He asked Danica, paraphrasing, "you have accomplished many great things in auto racing and are an inspiration to other young girls. Do you think they can do what you have done?" Danica's answer, "NO, I grew up carting from the age of 5, blah, blah, blah......." So, even if she thinks that way, and I understand that is how many people at the top of the game are, she could at least fake it for her fans and other aspiring young people in this case. That was the beginning of the end for me and my desire to follow her or give a sh*! about what she says or does. Countless times since this interview I have seen her acting like a fool in the public eye. Again, she may be good but I don't care because she has no respect for the fans, her crew, etc. and I will never bow down to people that treat others this way.
Say what?
Old 02-19-2013, 05:10 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by Hoosier_Daddy
There are thousands of hotter chicks out there who can't spell their own names.....
Yes and I've been married to 2 of them....
Old 02-19-2013, 05:17 PM
onefastviking
Race Car

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
Yes and I've been married to 2 of them....
Wow, that means you lost 50% twice ? How do you afford to race ? You must have been really rich before !

LOL
Have a great day JR.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:19 PM
onefastviking
Race Car

Originally Posted by winders
Don't get your panties all up in a bunch! I didn't miss anything........

Based on the stats for the last 20 years, you have as good a chance winning from 19th as you do from pole. I am not saying that the pole position is better than 4 or 2 or 7 or 10. It's just not worse which is what you suggested.

What matters most is the car, the team, the driver, and fortune.

Scott
Sorry, wrong person, I don't wear panties.

Unless you count the ones on my head after just enough Tequila shots and then , well, ok.
Old 02-19-2013, 05:26 PM
Stuttgart
Rennlist Member

Received 39 Likes on 15 Posts

Boring! You could put a chimpanzee on pole at Daytona with the right car (Michael Waltrip won it twice, end of story).

Here's some real female driving:

Easy on the eyes too...

Quick Reply: Hey, Danica Patrick haters...