Sebring updates

Search this Thread

Old 02-04-2013, 07:16 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,273 Likes on 1,868 Posts

Originally Posted by MikeJim
Man, a lot of Cayman Interseries hardware bit the dust. At least six cars in the wall by my count. $$$$$$$$$

Peter I was going out on the track and saw you and tried to honk...then realized I didn't have a horn.
+1 on the Cayman's. Doesn't look good for the series, but it is a cool idea.

Just yell next time!
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 02-04-2013, 08:25 PM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 579 Likes on 258 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
+1 on the Cayman's. Doesn't look good for the series, but it is a cool idea.

Just yell next time!
We shared a run group with them at Road Atlanta last year in the CCR. The front of the group was talented, the rest I considered dangerous and was not happy about being near them on track. It would appear not much has changed.

I managed to get my underpowered and overweight 3R car down to a 1:21.9 in quali in but it was tough to ever get a clean lap in a race. Being at the back of the pack by the time the crowd thinned out I was being lapped by the RSRs and the 997 cups. Had a chance to race a little in the 2nd Sprint though, so still a good time, but wish my car was classed in GTB where it really belongs.

Great seeing many of you again and look forward to doing a little more PCA this year.
Old 02-04-2013, 10:45 PM
awelch
Rennlist Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default turn 1 crash

I'm pretty bummed at the immaturity for club race and won't be returning next year. I could have ran the 12 hours for less than what a pca weekend ended up costing me. I purposely bring my real RSR's out to these in hopes that I can have a fun clean weekend and find people that can respectfully race hard but stay in control. Unfortunately some people think there is big prize money or something in PCA. I know these things happen, but not the way I wanted to end a weekend. May need a retub, front clip at best along with a ton of hard-to-find cf and rsr bits.

Old 02-04-2013, 10:50 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Oh my god! I can't believe that happened to your RSR!! I considered buying that car when Canepa had it, and I was thinking I'd restore the livery from when Pat Long drove it for TRG. So sorry to see this. I hope you get it back up and running soon. Glad you're okay.

Shame so many guys try to win at the first corner...
Old 02-04-2013, 11:08 PM
awelch
Rennlist Member

actually this was my real 997 rsr . last year I hit oil in 16 and did even more damage hitting the wall at about 85 in the 996 trg rsr.. definately had to clip and replace every part on the front of that one and still locating a few last parts. 2 real rsr's in two years isn't fun considering its PCA, yet I've never had a DNF or crash in any alms race. hmmm
Old 02-04-2013, 11:14 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Oh, didn't know you had both. Still sorry to see. What caused the crash? Over-exuberance?
Old 02-04-2013, 11:17 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Attached Images  
Old 02-04-2013, 11:17 PM
awelch
Rennlist Member

not sure what caused it other than the white and black cup leaning on each other into 1, then it just cascaded through the field and i was an unfortunate bystandard. i would have been able to miss it as i started driving around it but some people were coming around the outside as if they thought the field wasn't slowing from the looks of it.
Old 02-04-2013, 11:21 PM
awelch
Rennlist Member

... after, got both sides and trunk area

Old 02-04-2013, 11:40 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Ouch!
Old 02-05-2013, 04:51 AM
DanR
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by awelch
not sure what caused it other than the white and black cup leaning on each other into 1, then it just cascaded through the field and i was an unfortunate bystandard. i would have been able to miss it as i started driving around it but some people were coming around the outside as if they thought the field wasn't slowing from the looks of it.
looked like the white car hit fluid into T1 braking? or just locked up the rears. certainly got loose and no car apeared around it>?

Last edited by DanR; 02-05-2013 at 09:33 PM.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:01 AM
winders
Race Car

Received 903 Likes on 440 Posts

Originally Posted by DanR
looked like the white car hit fluid into T1 braking? certainly got loose and no car apeared around it>?
It looks like the white car blew it braking too hard too soon. No other car did anything to cause the white to lose it. The car in front was well ahead and the car to the right didn't do anything wrong either.

Why do people insist upon trying to win the race in the first turn? As was so clearly demonstrated, all you can do is lose the race in the first turn....

Scott
Old 02-05-2013, 06:08 AM
ZSA Motorsport
Former Vendor

Originally Posted by awelch
... after, got both sides and trunk area

So sorry to see that video and photos. noone wishes that on anyone and especially something so special and rare as your RSR. costly and really aggravating.

Ive had really good experiences with Ken and guys at HSR for enjoying cars like that. very respectful, good racing, but you dont get too much of that. so sorry to hear and see of your crash and all the other cars so heavily hit.

you could see this coming over the last 3 years. PCA club racing ought to seriously re-think Sebring and how to minimize this.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:15 AM
coryf
Rennlist Member

Received 149 Likes on 73 Posts

Originally Posted by mklaskin
Oh, didn't know you had both. Still sorry to see. What caused the crash? Over-exuberance?
Looked like the car with the blue roof locked the rears going in and hit Musante. Very unfortunate to bang up so many nice cars. Hate to see that in any series. Maybe PCA needs to consider allowing ABS in the GTC4/5 classes. Might save a few of these crashes from happening.
Old 02-05-2013, 08:22 AM
Falcondrivr
Race Car

Received 70 Likes on 36 Posts

Originally Posted by Astroman
Sorry that happened to you. That's me working the grid in the grey hat right above you in Astromans photo!
Hope you get her back on the track soon.

Quick Reply: Sebring updates