Sponsored by:

Facebook For Track Junkies?

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2012, 09:31 AM
93 FireHawk 968
Drifting

Received 58 Likes on 42 Posts
Default Facebook For Track Junkies?

Has anyone used the trackproadvisors system? I just read about it in Grassroots Motorsports magazine. Check out www.trackproadvisors.com
Old 10-28-2012, 10:45 AM
Minoclan
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

Originally Posted by 93 FireHawk 968
Has anyone used the trackproadvisors system? I just read about it in Grassroots Motorsports magazine. Check out www.trackproadvisors.com
I just signed up, lets see what happens.
Old 10-28-2012, 10:59 AM
SWK6Cup

Received 38 Likes on 30 Posts

I singed up a while ago and forgot about it. Not much was really happening, maybe that has changed.
Old 10-28-2012, 03:35 PM
xsboost90
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

just signed up- now what?
Old 10-28-2012, 04:01 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

I signed up but have yet to take a look.
Same for Safe is Fast, or whatever that one is.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:24 AM
2BWise
Three Wheelin'

Received 10 Likes on 6 Posts

Am I the only one that doesn't understand this? It's obviously being put together by a marketing team. I'm sorry, don't want to offend anyone who maybe connected, but why am I going to pay to ask questions to a bunch of self proclaimed experts with whom I have no comprehension of their credentials. Secondly, I've learned a lot "experts" often are full of ****. The only people I want to pose real vehicle questions are those that are actually experts in their field. The guys working on the successful teams, but even then I'm still not going to take their word as gospel. There is a lot to be said about being open to advice, but often you have to filter some of it out.
Old 10-29-2012, 11:31 AM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 938 Likes on 568 Posts

Originally Posted by 2BWise
Am I the only one that doesn't understand this? It's obviously being put together by a marketing team. I'm sorry, don't want to offend anyone who maybe connected, but why am I going to pay to ask questions to a bunch of self proclaimed experts with whom I have no comprehension of their credentials. Secondly, I've learned a lot "experts" often are full of ****. The only people I want to pose real vehicle questions are those that are actually experts in their field. The guys working on the successful teams, but even then I'm still not going to take their word as gospel. There is a lot to be said about being open to advice, but often you have to filter some of it out.
+1. I signed up to take a look around and was not very impressed (or impressed in a bad way?).
Old 10-29-2012, 02:12 PM
gums
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts

who needs it? We have R-List!
Old 10-30-2012, 11:10 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Originally Posted by gums
Where everyone is an expert!
Old 10-31-2012, 10:39 AM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,216 Likes on 1,852 Posts

Originally Posted by gums
Originally Posted by mglobe
Where everyone is an expert!
Hahaha! So true...

The TPA team has been working on this for some time. We'll see how it goes.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 10-31-2012, 12:37 PM
Gofishracing
Race Car

Received 9 Likes on 9 Posts

signed up a long time ago but doesn't seem to have any value for me. Rennlist, friends, and the shops I work with take priority.
Old 11-04-2012, 02:29 PM
Minoclan
Rennlist Member

Received 19 Likes on 11 Posts

I signed up a week or so ago. I feel like I wasted my money, since nothing appears to be happening there. I didn't need another site to sign up for track events. I am going to email them to make sure that it is not self-renewing.
Old 11-06-2012, 08:02 AM
drewgroel
5th Gear

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Hi folks! I am a little late to this string because unfortunately I let my p-car go a little while ago and haven't been as engaged in rennlist as I used to be. I am one of the founders of the concept and am glad to hear your feedback (positive, negative or anywhere in between) because constructive criticism is what helps us all grow. The reason we developed the system was to actually try and address those exact issues that 2BWise brings up. When I first started doing any track events, I began trying to soak up as much information as possible and ask a lot of questions. The problem was I didn't know the credentials of the people, their experience, how relevant their information was to me and they also didn't necessarily know my background or other associated factors that might affect their response.

What we tried to create was a place where various Advisors and Partners who are extremely talented in their field with strong skillsets and references can be accessed by people who don't know where else to find and trust info. Peter Krause (I mention him because he is on this discussion string) happens to be one of the many Advisors we have and is of course very knowledgeable and trustworthy. The Members are able to see the Advisors backgrounds/training/previous experience and can decide for themselves which Advisor they want to interact with based on the experience levels and information they see about that Advisor.

We tried to also simplify the searching by using some "matchmaking" criteria to better match up the Members with the help they are looking for. For example, we have a bunch of Advisors on the platform who are great Porsche brake experts, but we also have BMW brake experts too. And then, some of those Advisors really only focus on certain chassis (or only want to focus on certain chassis). So we try and help our Members find the right Advisors by only bringing back results that match their profile info.

Anyway, I am sorry for giving my long-winded 2-cents; I just came across the thread and wanted to offer some insight. I will try and monitor this thread to answer any questions or responses you guys have but we are still cleaning up from the hurricane and helping friends, so I have not been as connected as I usually am!

Take care!

Drew
Old 11-06-2012, 10:20 AM
dotframe
Pro

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post

My opinion as a new driver:

I love the idea of a facebook for motorsports so I signed up for tpa. Some things I noticed from the few times I played with the site.

-I found my favorite tracks but I don't see any way to "like" or "follow" them. I'd love to be able to log in and see any news / events from all of the tracks or DE groups I follow in one place.
-The focus of the site seems squarely on the advisers with the trackmiles stuff. If you want to build a large audience of people online, the social aspect should be front and center. I'd guess that the majority of people on the site would be users not providers. People love to talk about events, give their own track tips, share pics and video and data. The paying for advice should come later IMO.
-I don't see how to post personal best laps, car setup for that day, pics, video, data, weather, etc.

Edit: Also the list of tracks is really short. Only one track listed here in Texas that I could find.
Old 11-06-2012, 11:25 AM
Plavan
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I'll pass....

Quick Reply: Facebook For Track Junkies?