Sponsored by:

Flying Lizard announcement

Search this Thread

Old 11-03-2012, 01:21 PM
GT3 Techno
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by utkinpol
in 2011 Porsche invested 800+ mln euros into development center in Weissach. from investor perspective to be called a profit center this department had to return more than a billion back, i do not see that in their published annual report.
i do not argue that any cap car parts and products are sold with a very nice looking margin compared to production costs. but it does not make R&D department a profit center when you speak about overall budget of a whole corporation.
If you were under the impression that the Weissach R&D center was built for the Motorsport division only, you were wrong... again.

http://www.9magazine.com/porsche-wei...expansion.html

I still have fun from time to time reading back some of your best lines !

"i know where my limits are well enough as i do spin my car more or less every 2 weeks on purpose in different corners"
Old 11-03-2012, 10:41 PM
944CS
Drifting

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

sanctioning bodies always look at data to determine if cars are down on power. Without being in the know, I bet the Porsches had very close or FASTER segment times on certain tracks to warrant ALMS to not give them any less restrictor.
Old 11-06-2012, 12:18 PM
cgomez
Rennlist Member

Received 21 Likes on 8 Posts

Originally Posted by GTgears
What sort of business are you in? I've never heard of a business that works on the assumption that it amortize the cost of capital investments in a single year. They'll be paying off that investment for many years to come. But it turns a profit in return. That's why it is called an investment...
Well said!
Porsche is very keen on amortixzing those R&D costs in motorposrts over a very long period of time. That's why we still don't have a friggin paddleshifter in our Cup Cars!! as does every other modern racecar!

Quick Reply: Flying Lizard announcement