Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nationals GTS Races in 15 Minutes (1:40EST).....

Search this Thread

Old 09-08-2012, 10:38 PM
Jim Child
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Originally Posted by ukrbmw
What happened to Ott? He seemed to have finished 1st, but I keep reading Josh Smith got the championship. Anybody has more info?
DQ.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:46 PM
Jim Child
Three Wheelin'

Received 11 Likes on 6 Posts

Congratulations to Rennlisters John Graber (North Coast Cab) and Mike Ward (mikew968) for finishing 1st and 2nd respectively in GTS2!!! Great drives from both with lead changes in the last two laps.
Old 09-08-2012, 10:47 PM
Streak
Perfect Angel
Rennlist Member

Received 168 Likes on 81 Posts

^^HOORAY!
Old 09-09-2012, 12:39 AM
pmcrespo
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by Jim Child
DQ.
Contact?
Old 09-09-2012, 11:13 AM
mikew968
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Dyno
Old 09-09-2012, 02:25 PM
bgiere
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Anyone hear anything more about GTS 1 impound results?
Old 09-09-2012, 07:06 PM
mikew968
Rennlist Member

Received 41 Likes on 35 Posts

Brant you ended up 3rd!
Old 09-09-2012, 09:55 PM
bgiere
Rennlist Member

Received 51 Likes on 42 Posts

Thanks Mike! I feel a bit better about that I suppose...
Old 09-10-2012, 01:20 AM
cstreit
Rennlist Member

Thanks! THere were so many stories from this week that I don't know where to begin, from a driver heroically pulling another out of a fire, severe weather, etc.. It was a real roller coaster.

In answer to your question JGS, there was a clear hugely waving yellow after the 944 was sideways in the entrance to Thunder Valley. So it was there, but some of the drivers missed it. . I have my video which will take me a little time to edit out the 12 laps of circling with the pace car, ugh...

GoPro also came out and installed a bunch of cameras in our car for some promo videos and promised me the raw footage from that in a few weeks which I will share when I get that too. Just got home a little while ago, it was a wild wild weekend but run incredibly well by NASA, very smooth.

This year was cleaner and some of the damage was self-inflicted and/or unavoidable. Most of us came away clean. I think the event was pretty darn good overall.
Old 09-10-2012, 12:43 PM
911racer
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
Why in hell didn't they throw at least a local yellow when the 944 was spun and ended up sitting broadside in the middle of a turn for several laps. They went double yellow for much less serious incidents, but this guy was broadside at the apex of a turn and cars were racing around him. There was a visible corner worker behind him just sitiing there. This I truly don't understand....

OK so the broadcasters were just awful as is customary. John Linday would be OK if he was pared with someone with a better grasp of what's happening on on the track. I think that guy just likes to hear himself talk. He just goes on and on and on while missing the important aspects of the race.

The camera director, to his credit, focused on the only race in the last lap between RL'ster's Chris Streit and a Beemer but they switched away at the end to focus on the winner of the overall by 8 seconds. They completely missed Chris's great race to the finish somehow passing the Beemer. Hopefull he'll post his video of how he did that. Congrats Chris!.....

There was a waving yellow on the 56 car as soon as it happened. I was one of the first cars though when it happened and the corner worker was out of his bunker and at the side of the track violently waving the yellow to warn us all.

Why were guys still racing past him (including a pass next to him ?) Death wish I guess.

Ed Baus
#25 GTS4 Cup Car (with the nice spin in turn one on lap one to put me out of contention.
Old 09-10-2012, 04:29 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Thanks for the link JR. Good show. Can't believe that Mueller is 2 seconds faster than the nearest competitor in GTS4. He must be quite the driver. Was it that way last year too? Oh and why didn't you do ST2 this year?

The apex of performance, comfort & safety since 2011.
All new racewear available now→ traqgear.com
Old 09-10-2012, 05:18 PM
cstreit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
Thanks for the link JR. Good show. Can't believe that Mueller is 2 seconds faster than the nearest competitor in GTS4. He must be quite the driver. Was it that way last year too? Oh and why didn't you do ST2 this year?
Mueller is a fantastic driver and very dedicated. Not unassailable though. His best time was a 1:30.198 done in a qualifying session. Really fast but less than a second from the best times of at least Bove, Matus, and myself... Last year everyone thought a 1:30.x was impossible. I think a 1:29 in GTS4 could be seen within a year. Hell, in the early Nationals (2007) a 1:33 was a GTS4 win with a 1:35 netted me a second place. Now a 1:33 is not even a podium...

I was quite happy to keep the overall from being a 1..2..3 BMW win.
Old 09-10-2012, 05:51 PM
North Coast Cab
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

It was a great event. Some bad decisions, some poor driving......but overall some great competition.
The Championship race had more flags and safety vehicles than I've ever seen. You had to be very aware of what was happening, keep your eyes ahead, and focus on the finish. They FCY's gathered the field and made for some renewed battles ala NASCAR competition yellows.
No excuses for those who passed under yellow. It's a nice trophy, but not worth those risks. Glad to see Speedcast caught a bunch of them on tv.
Congratulations to all.
Old 09-10-2012, 06:00 PM
TraqGear
Basic Sponsor
Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by cstreit
Mueller is a fantastic driver and very dedicated. Not unassailable though. His best time was a 1:30.198 done in a qualifying session. Really fast but less than a second from the best times of at least Bove, Matus, and myself... Last year everyone thought a 1:30.x was impossible. I think a 1:29 in GTS4 could be seen within a year. Hell, in the early Nationals (2007) a 1:33 was a GTS4 win with a 1:35 netted me a second place. Now a 1:33 is not even a podium...

I was quite happy to keep the overall from being a 1..2..3 BMW win.
Yes, great job and I was glad to see a Pcar on the podium. Did you run slicks or r comps? Sometimes I wished I had my old GTS4 car back. It was a hoot!
Old 09-10-2012, 06:06 PM
cstreit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
Yes, great job and I was glad to see a Pcar on the podium. Did you run slicks or r comps? Sometimes I wished I had my old GTS4 car back. It was a hoot!
Hoosier Slicks... Though I'm still struggling with balance a little. Had to restrict the engine and run a 'lead passenger' to get it done, but worth it in the end I think....

Quick Reply: Nationals GTS Races in 15 Minutes (1:40EST).....