Notices
Racing & Drivers Education Forum
Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Nationals GTS Races in 15 Minutes (1:40EST).....

Search this Thread

Old 09-11-2012, 09:48 AM
Der ABT
Burning Brakes

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

are nasa rules that different that you are allowed to pass under a WAIVING YELLOW????15 min mark is freaking inches from disaster.

19min.....havent seen a car come that close to flipping in a corner without the help of a bump in a long time...

Great patience and mvoe at the end there...was definately fun to watch...not sure why he came back over with you so far up his side but what can ya do...hope it buffs out. thanks for posting
Old 09-11-2012, 10:06 AM
magnetic1
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If u look at results you will see he got DQ for the pass under yellow.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:26 AM
cstreit
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Der ABT
are nasa rules that different that you are allowed to pass under a WAIVING YELLOW????15 min mark is freaking inches from disaster.

19min.....havent seen a car come that close to flipping in a corner without the help of a bump in a long time...

Great patience and mvoe at the end there...was definately fun to watch...not sure why he came back over with you so far up his side but what can ya do...hope it buffs out. thanks for posting
What Wonger said... The White BMW was DQ'd as a result of that. The previous BMW (leader in that pack) was DQ'd intially but later showed proof that he JUST got it done inches before he was perpendicular to the flag.

Yeah the BMW up on two wheels was something wasn't it? There is a bump int he track there but was that car hooked up or what? It actually disheartened me a bit because I realized he had a LOT more grip than I did at that point. Wow. I commented to him after the race about it.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:39 AM
DCP
Burning Brakes

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by stuttgart46
Did anybody talk to Jay after his wreck? How bad was the car damaged? That looked like a bad one.
On Saturday, he was thinking that, except for every body panel being shot, the car was going to be okay. Sure looked expensive.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:50 AM
onefastviking
Race Car

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Did anybody talk to Jay after his wreck? How bad was the car damaged? That looked like a bad one.
Jay is fine, car damage appears to be just cosmetic. Car and Jay will both be back to race another day.
Hope to see this same group and more at Miller next year.
I'll straighten out a few details and correct some assumptions and mis-truths on the Ott GTS3 car when I get caught up here in a few days.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:55 AM
onefastviking
Race Car

Originally Posted by DCP
On Saturday, he was thinking that, except for every body panel being shot, the car was going to be okay. Sure looked expensive.
Yeah, I think whenever that happens to someone their first reaction is that it must be gone. The cage protected the driver, and the car well, as it was designed to.

Expensive ? What part of Porsche Racing isn't, right ?
Old 09-11-2012, 10:57 AM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 237 Likes on 143 Posts

I was thinking the same thing about the passes at the 15:10 mark. Looked like a yellow track right at 15:03 but hard to tell.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:19 AM
onefastviking
Race Car

Originally Posted by DCP
Oh, and every body panel isn't shot.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:31 AM
cstreit
Rennlist Member

Glad to hear Jay is okay. It was surely a disappointing week for him and were it not for the incidents, there were 1 or two podiums in it for your team.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:40 AM
stuttgart46
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

Sounds like you and the car did your job very Viking. It was nice to see Jay climb out of there afterwards.
Old 09-11-2012, 11:46 AM
onefastviking
Race Car

Sounds like you and the car did your job very Viking. It was nice to see Jay climb out of there afterwards.
Thank you.
I was sitting on pit wall with Jay's wife listening to the announcers play by play as the incident happened, I too was glad to hear the report of him climbing out of the car.
Old 09-11-2012, 12:15 PM
North Coast Cab
Burning Brakes

Spoke with Jay at the dyno after the race and he was fine. Video is kind of funny of him climbing out and having a little temper tantrum some crazy stuff happened and I'm glad nobody was seriously hurt. The crazy thing about the #56 sideways heading into Thunder Valley is that the guy in the green 944 who hit him was in the car, drivers left, against the wall for 10 minutes. That car is toast too by the way. All the result of out of class contact from a different car....
Great job staying the course Chris!
Old 09-11-2012, 12:18 PM
Carrera51
Rennlist Member

Received 237 Likes on 143 Posts

And a heck of a nice move through the last corner to grab the position!
Old 09-11-2012, 12:27 PM
mater
Instructor

Originally Posted by ZBB0730
Thanks for the link JR. Good show. Can't believe that Mueller is 2 seconds faster than the nearest competitor in GTS4. He must be quite the driver. Was it that way last year too? Oh and why didn't you do ST2 this year?
He is pretty fast ,here is a video Q 2 2012
Old 09-11-2012, 12:40 PM
North Coast Cab
Burning Brakes

Muellers M3 is meticuluously built and prepared. His rain times were several seconds faster than everyone elses, six seconds faster than Berkowitz who is a master in the rain and a regular at Mid Ohio. Give the guy some credit.

I bet they put Matus' car on the rack to check it and then they send her racing! Great luck to have it on Speecast too.

Now Lindakers 996 that impacted the wall on the keyhole exit did not fare as well unfortunately.

Quick Reply: Nationals GTS Races in 15 Minutes (1:40EST).....