Sponsored by:

Peachstate PCA September DE at AMP

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2012, 07:33 AM
chrisc
Burning Brakes

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Default Peachstate PCA September DE at AMP

Not even 24 hours and it's close to half-filled. Note the new reduced fees for Instructor's.
Old 08-14-2012, 12:21 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Wish I could make it., but some people have to work on weekends. I have a few vids up from me running out there if you want to check them out
Old 08-14-2012, 02:40 PM
Astroman
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

I received the following in an email. Very inviting!
Our sound ratings are higher, or more liberal, than almost every day at Laguna Seca, Lime Rock, Infineon, Eagles Canyon and most European tracks, to name a few.
We have the most advanced meters money can buy so just because you pass at another track does not mean you will pass at AMP. Be prepared to have solutions to fix your car.
Go to radio shack and BUY A METER to test your car, drive by the meter at 50 feet WIDE OPEN throttle at speed with the meter set to FAST, and C weighted response. This will give you an idea if your car should pass. Cars under load going up hills produce more sound than ones on flat ground. Rain and humidity affect sound levels as well.
We will NOT allow ANY turn downs (even slight ones), turn aways, or anything on the exit of the exhaust what so ever - no flanges, no deflectors, etc.
Exhaust must exit straight out of the car parallel to the the ground.
Do not show up with an old muffler, with old packing, make sure the packing is fresh.
We measure 98 db 50 feet from the track edge on BOTH sides of the track.
We have seven DB meters around the track and we move them one time per day, if your goal is to "lift" you will be coasting around the entire track.
Your car will be inspected before going out and a preliminary DB reading - this rating will be lower than your car under load but if you are near or above the rating you need to fix your exhaust BEFORE going out.
Do not show up with straight exhausts with no mufflers or silencers, you will not be allowed on track. Period.
AMP reserves the right to pull your car if it sounds above the limit, even if you are passing the meters. Why? We don't want some new creative bypass to ruin the opportunity for others to enjoy this track.
Everyone must comply which means all of you will be equally held to this standard.
Do not come thinking we will not check your car or police this, or believe you when you say: "my car is quiet". It will not work!
We will require a sound check of your car by AMP personnel before being allowed on the track. We will do it with a sound meter at 50' with you revving your engine. If you are close the 98DB then action will be required before going on track.
Old 08-14-2012, 02:54 PM
67King
Race Car

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by jenk12m
Wish I could make it., but some people have to work on weekends. I have a few vids up from me running out there if you want to check them out
We'll give you a pass on that one. No pun intended. Geez, I guess that's two puns rolled into one.

I'll shut up now.
Old 08-14-2012, 03:25 PM
jenk12m
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Lol...

Yea I got that same email. My car is stock center section with side muffler delete. The got me at 99db with a limit of 98. Of course is was a member day so they weren't to picky but did tell me I would eventually have to do something
Old 08-14-2012, 10:13 PM
chrisc
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by jenk12m
I'll get Doctor Dave to write you an excuse note!
Old 08-14-2012, 10:16 PM
chrisc
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by Astroman
I received the following in an email. Very inviting!
Not Peachstate's wording, came directly from AMP management.
Old 08-15-2012, 12:12 AM
LostSouth
Instructor

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I followed the development process a bit. Had a rough time getting the zoning done with the locals. Had to make some concessions. Facility is a work in progress, but is coming along nicely.

Quick Reply: Peachstate PCA September DE at AMP