Old 06-21-2012, 07:51 PM
winders
Race Car

Received 911 Likes on 445 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
I find no embarrassment....
Clearly.

I used the wrong word when I said "embarrass". I should have said:

You really should stop so you don't damage your reputation further.....

Scott
Old 06-21-2012, 07:53 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,677 Likes on 867 Posts

Originally Posted by Mike in Chi
VR, do you have a pic of Leh Keen slapping his forehead?
LOL sadly, I don't. How's this as a consolation prize for this thread?

Last edited by Veloce Raptor; 03-09-2013 at 06:57 PM.
Old 06-21-2012, 08:11 PM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 177 Likes on 113 Posts

Old 06-21-2012, 09:02 PM
9.5 Degrees
Pro

Received 20 Likes on 15 Posts

Wow.... words escape me.....

Does Mr. CGT realise that in race situations, a drover is trying to stay on the very edge without going over that edge. With Pro Drivers those limits are often exceeded and the difference between us mortals and the pros are that the Pros can bring back a car from those limits without damage to a car. Sometimes you do lock up the tires. Which brings me to a question for Mr. CGT. When was the last time you drove a car without ABS? Stomping as hard as you can on the brake pedal takes no skill when you have ABS. Pressing as hard as you can with slicks at the last possible second without that driver's aid is a very difficult skill to learn. When you're going 150 mph with cars all around you is..... well you get the picture.....
Old 06-21-2012, 09:19 PM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 34 Likes on 14 Posts

Just when I had written off RL as boring.................

Whos up for a group buy T shirt reading "Just say No to "?

lol.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:23 PM
pontifex4
Drifting

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I honestly figured that there had to be some kind of misunderstanding when everyone started piling on CGT for criticizing Leh's video, but I went back (okay, I admit that I was looking for an excuse to reread it anyway, having missed the GhettoRacer storms) and it turns out that he fully did! There is a giant among us! I'm not saying that Leh is unassailable (let's face it, he's no Alonso) but until now, I thought he was a pretty good driver.

CGT, don't be surprised if Leh calls tomorrow looking for hand strengthening tips to help him hold the wheel!
Old 06-21-2012, 09:26 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3,463 Likes on 2,064 Posts

Subscribed

"Friend's don't let friends on track"

And for Ferrari Club Track Days, I'm going to be outside the gates with this one:

"I pay my instructor to wave for me when I pass you"

Sadly Carrera GT is the sort of people we now have in Congress, State legislatures and the mayor's seat in NYC that see "The Boogey Man" around every corner and write laws to save us from ourselves. Govern to the lowest common denominator.
Old 06-21-2012, 09:36 PM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 34 Likes on 14 Posts

Originally Posted by Pete
Sadly Carrera GT is the sort of people we now have in Congress, State legislatures and the mayor's seat in NYC that see "The Boogey Man" around every corner and write laws to save us from ourselves. Govern to the lowest common denominator.
Amen. I have nothing against CGT and he is certainly entitled to his opinion and to express it here, but the position advanced in this thread is 'Nannyism' to the highest order ...
Old 06-21-2012, 09:54 PM
J richard
Rennlist Member

Received 43 Likes on 32 Posts

I think I found the problem...
Attached Images  
Old 06-21-2012, 09:58 PM
Reimu
Drifting

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

^that's actually kind of funny
Old 06-21-2012, 09:59 PM
bobt993
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

^^^^ That's it!!!! #6. should have read "avoid deer by wrenching wheel violently". I stand corrected on my earlier comments. And #7 visor down was covered by blue tape.
Old 06-21-2012, 10:10 PM
Carrera GT
Wordsmith
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts

Originally Posted by 9.5 Degrees
Wow.... words escape me.....

Does Mr. CGT realise that in race situations, a drover is trying to stay on the very edge without going over that edge. With Pro Drivers those limits are often exceeded and the difference between us mortals and the pros are that the Pros can bring back a car from those limits without damage to a car. Sometimes you do lock up the tires. Which brings me to a question for Mr. CGT. When was the last time you drove a car without ABS? Stomping as hard as you can on the brake pedal takes no skill when you have ABS. Pressing as hard as you can with slicks at the last possible second without that driver's aid is a very difficult skill to learn. When you're going 150 mph with cars all around you is..... well you get the picture.....
Nothing to do with racing. The topic was those arguing that taking a hand off the wheel and looking away from the track is not unsafe. The video is a typical distraction ... set up the canard of an authority to create an entirely separate and irrelevant debate over what ... the semantics of what words are descriptive and what words are criticism? It might be a welcome escape to try to turn the thread into a personal attack, but no, the question is those who advocate waving and their willingness to say it's safe to not bother about inconsequential matter so keeping eyes on the track.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:13 PM
Matt Romanowski
Rennlist Hoonigan
which cost no drachmas
Lifetime Rennlist

Rennlist
Site Sponsor

Received 989 Likes on 593 Posts

Originally Posted by Carrera GT
Nothing to do with racing. The topic was those arguing that taking a hand off the wheel and looking away from the track is not unsafe. The video is a typical distraction ... set up the canard of an authority to create an entirely separate and irrelevant debate over what ... the semantics of what words are descriptive and what words are criticism? It might be a welcome escape to try to turn the thread into a personal attack, but no, the question is those who advocate waving and their willingness to say it's safe to not bother about inconsequential matter so keeping eyes on the track.
I'm not sure if you are not reading the full posts, not understanding it, or just arguing to argue.

NO ONE IS SAYING TO TAKE THEIR EYES OFF THE TRACK.
Old 06-21-2012, 11:13 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Received 118 Likes on 84 Posts

Ok, no waving then. What about knitting?

Old 06-21-2012, 11:15 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 534 Likes on 264 Posts

You can wave without looking away. Try it

(I'm just trying to get to page 17 here)

On another note.... "the canard of an authority"? For the love of God man, it's a car forum. Consider re-reading (because I know you have) some Hemingway or McCarthy and keep it tight. Just my opinion, merely a style note.

Quick Reply: Dangers on Track