Sponsored by:

Clash videos!

Search this Thread

Old 06-06-2012, 11:27 AM
Mike in Chi

Lifetime Rennlist

Received 176 Likes on 112 Posts

Originally Posted by Streak
Was that 993 in your class? He seemed to be taking a very defensive line and a few times he committed to the inside and swung back out in the brake zone to take the turn on line.
He wasn't the only one. In the first lap of Sprint 2, had a guy drive me off the asphalt in Nine doing the same thing. Luckily I kept it out of the blue bushes. But the rest of the field went by before I was waved back on the track. Arrgh! and in a points sprint too. Likely wouldn't have gotten position points from where I started, but in these big field events, I figure the cars behind points become very important.
Old 06-06-2012, 05:47 PM
Carrera51
Race Car

Received 165 Likes on 102 Posts

Dave:
Going to get Scott to either go with a PF08 front 06 rear, or 06 all the way around. We were talking about it at WG.
Old 06-06-2012, 09:08 PM
FrankyV
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Default Enduro Start from the Back of the Pack

https://vimeo.com/43506458
Old 06-06-2012, 10:06 PM
por944s2
Rennlist Member

Received 10 Likes on 8 Posts

Here are the pictures I took. No pics of the SP class since that's what I was running.

https://picasaweb.google.com/1082254...718874/WG_0612

Enjoy
Old 06-07-2012, 11:57 AM
comatb
Rennlist Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by SkankyFrank
Frank Thanks for posting. I especially enjoyed Tyler(my son) in our Blue 944 SP2 car that shows up in your video at about 17:40 until the end.

Bill
Old 06-07-2012, 06:44 PM
FrankyV
Burning Brakes

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts

Originally Posted by comatb
Frank Thanks for posting. I especially enjoyed Tyler(my son) in our Blue 944 SP2 car that shows up in your video at about 17:40 until the end.

Bill
You are welcome but I have to say that I did not enjoy it when he showed up
Old 06-08-2012, 04:43 PM
ninjabones
Rennlist Member

Received 38 Likes on 25 Posts

Was that 993 in your class? He seemed to be taking a very defensive line and a few times he committed to the inside and swung back out in the brake zone to take the turn on line. Allowed Pickrell to drive away.
initial post deleted... let's just say I found "defensive" funny.
Old 06-08-2012, 05:37 PM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by ninjabones
initial post deleted... let's just say I found "defensive" funny.
More like the driving was offensive ?
Old 06-08-2012, 09:23 PM
jdistefa
Rennlist Member

Received 447 Likes on 243 Posts

Those damn 993s.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:11 PM
jittsl
Racer

Was that 993 in your class? He seemed to be taking a very defensive line and a few times he committed to the inside and swung back out in the brake zone to take the turn on line. Allowed Pickrell to drive away.
I think you are being a little harsh on car 5. I have known Dave and Kristin Karl for many years and know them to be good and decent drivers. They share that car so one of them is always driving "out of class". When they are doing so however they have every right to compete in the race. Obviously they qualified better and from there appeared to drive like any of us would to defend a position in a race. I certainly didn't see any sign of intentional blocking. If anything the the driver seemed to be inviting a pass and when it didn't come the car was moved back on line. At the same time the video car did not seem to be aggressively seeking a pass. When the time came that Car 5's driver obviously could not keep the video car behind they moved off line and let them through. From what I observe they were very close to keeping pace with the cars in front and, once past, the lap time of the video car did not show any great improvement.

I fully understand the frustration of being "held up" but the fact is that sometimes a slower car wins a race simply because we can't find a way around them - that's what makes racing fun. Number 5 had won the right to start in front and had every right to race for position - in your class or not.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 06-08-2012, 11:53 PM
mos996tt
Rennlist Member

Received 18 Likes on 14 Posts

Here's another of Yellow...

Old 06-09-2012, 07:51 AM
coryf
Rennlist Member

Received 128 Likes on 65 Posts

Originally Posted by mos996tt
Nice run. I was looking forward to running with you in "H" in the enduro. (was teamed up with J Martin in his new H caymen) Jimmy was talking about you being the guy to beat all weekend. We decided to skip because of the weather but I did get a chance to run his car in the warmup. Hopefully we will have another shot to race with you at the next one.
Old 06-09-2012, 09:53 AM
good hands
Rennlist Member

Received 37 Likes on 26 Posts

Originally Posted by jittsl
I think you are being a little harsh on car 5. I have known Dave and Kristin Karl for many years and know them to be good and decent drivers. They share that car so one of them is always driving "out of class". When they are doing so however they have every right to compete in the race. Obviously they qualified better and from there appeared to drive like any of us would to defend a position in a race. I certainly didn't see any sign of intentional blocking. If anything the the driver seemed to be inviting a pass and when it didn't come the car was moved back on line. At the same time the video car did not seem to be aggressively seeking a pass. When the time came that Car 5's driver obviously could not keep the video car behind they moved off line and let them through. From what I observe they were very close to keeping pace with the cars in front and, once past, the lap time of the video car did not show any great improvement.

I fully understand the frustration of being "held up" but the fact is that sometimes a slower car wins a race simply because we can't find a way around them - that's what makes racing fun. Number 5 had won the right to start in front and had every right to race for position - in your class or not.

Just my 2 cents.
I think the frustration kind of flowed over from qualifying ( see qualifying vid below ). I see your point about not being more aggressive but the last couple races I have rear ended drivers from following closely then an incident happened in front of them.

And then I finally get by him and this happens...My qualifying just had bad Karma...

Old 06-09-2012, 01:40 PM
jittsl
Racer

Originally Posted by good hands

And then I finally get by him and this happens...My qualifying just had bad Karma...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VNf65...=youtube_gdata
Some days are diamonds. Some days are ......

Obviously I wasn't there so I have no idea what was actually going on but it does look like Dave was slowing up to get some distance from the car in front of him while trying not to let you by - we've all been there. Not meaning to state the obvious but... I will anyway. You don't necessarily have to pass in qualifying. Nothing lost by slowing up on an already slow lap or even running the pit lane if you need to.

Did I read earlier that you were going to VIR? If so, I look forward to meeting you there.

Laurie
Old 06-09-2012, 02:55 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 255 Likes on 157 Posts

Green Sprint #1, rear view, starting last in our group.

https://vimeo.com/43731483

Quick Reply: Clash videos!