Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Atlanta Motorsports Park

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2012 | 07:17 AM
tmark
Instructor

Default Atlanta Motorsports Park

We just received an update from AMP that they are now 100% paved.

David drove the track on February 24 and has posted the video to the "February updates" section of our website.

Have a look at www.davidmurry.com.

-Mark
Old 03-01-2012 | 08:28 AM
67King
Race Car

Is there a track map anywhere that you know of? Supposed to go to an event there in early May, and can't find anything more than their logo, which I would be inclined to guess would resemble the shape of the track, but there look like some really potentially dangerous sections (closely nested hairpins).
Old 03-01-2012 | 09:36 AM
paver
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by tmark
We just received an update from AMP that they are now 100% paved.

David drove the track on February 24 and has posted the video to the "February updates" section of our website.

Have a look at www.davidmurry.com.

-Mark
Don't mean to be nitpicky, but I think it's more correct to say that the track is 100% covered with pavement. Meaning that the first layer of asphalt is in place...with at least one and probably two more layers yet to be put down. Pretty big difference, especially at the pace the construction has been moving.
Old 03-01-2012 | 11:48 AM
tmark
Instructor

Originally Posted by 67King
Is there a track map anywhere that you know of? Supposed to go to an event there in early May, and can't find anything more than their logo, which I would be inclined to guess would resemble the shape of the track, but there look like some really potentially dangerous sections (closely nested hairpins).
Check the "Membership" section of the AMP site. Map, elevation, future plans, etc.
Old 03-01-2012 | 02:02 PM
Benton
Drifting

Originally Posted by paver
Don't mean to be nitpicky, but I think it's more correct to say that the track is 100% covered with pavement. Meaning that the first layer of asphalt is in place...with at least one and probably two more layers yet to be put down. Pretty big difference, especially at the pace the construction has been moving.

Dude, quit being a negative nancy and arguing semantics. It's pretty obvious if you watch the video. Be glad that it's happening.

The layout looks great (albeit some areas that I'll reserve safety judgement until it's complete), and I'm really glad for Jeremy and the folks behind the project that it has continued in the face of all of the crap that has been thrown their way publicly and privately. Good for them, and I can't wait to drive it. Living in the area while it was getting off the ground really opened my eyes to the BS, warranted in a few ways and unwarranted in many others, that they fought through to make it happen.
Old 03-01-2012 | 02:05 PM
Benton
Drifting

Embedded:
Old 03-01-2012 | 03:22 PM
todinlaw
Rennlist Member

I wish they could get to this point in the Bluegrass track up in our neck of the woods. Always glad to see a new track coming on line.
Old 03-01-2012 | 04:58 PM
jenk12m
Banned

I just went up there on tues and rode around with jeremy. It's not completely 100% but they were suppose to fill in the bridge yesterday.

The kart track looks amazing
Old 03-01-2012 | 05:30 PM
Benton
Drifting

^ Kart track... I forgot about that! Count me in.
Old 03-01-2012 | 09:14 PM
mkd944
Racer

Thanks for the video link. Chin Motorsports has 2 events scheduled at AMP for this year. 1 in April and 1 in November. April date looks like it could be in jeopardy based on the stage of completion in the video. The layout looks great. Word is that there will be a strict 98db noise limit. Open exhaust will not cut it.
Old 03-01-2012 | 10:15 PM
paver
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Benton

Dude, quit being a negative nancy and arguing semantics. It's pretty obvious if you watch the video. Be glad that it's happening.
My comment was meant for clarity not meant in a negative way. I am glad that it's happening. I am pulling for him. I wish I lived closer and could join.
Old 03-01-2012 | 10:56 PM
wanna911
Race Car

Originally Posted by mkd944
Thanks for the video link. Chin Motorsports has 2 events scheduled at AMP for this year. 1 in April and 1 in November. April date looks like it could be in jeopardy based on the stage of completion in the video. The layout looks great. Word is that there will be a strict 98db noise limit. Open exhaust will not cut it.
That will be a big fail for me.
Old 03-01-2012 | 11:27 PM
MariusRacer
Instructor

looks awesome!!!! Cant wait

Quick Reply: Atlanta Motorsports Park