Default POrsche Design Cyber Monday

Not so much racing but there is a sale at Porsche Design:

http://shop4.porsche.com/usa/cyber-m...c&showall=true

Greg
Old 11-28-2011, 11:02 PM
fjpdds
Rennlist Member

Received 67 Likes on 14 Posts

The sold out in a very short time. Web never really allowed you to place items in a cart.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:05 PM
Kelsey
Racer

Received 20 Likes on 17 Posts

Very poor setup for a Porsche site. Phone lines didn't work either.
Old 11-28-2011, 11:15 PM
Renn 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

A rather pathetic "fail" for Porsche. They finally got things sorted out for online ordering by early afternoon (EST) but the clothing size selections were pretty limited for the best items.
Old 11-29-2011, 12:02 AM
gvtesse
Racer

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

bummer. I would have liked to get one of the jackets.
Old 11-29-2011, 08:52 AM
Turb-OH Brad
Pro

I think the jacket was the only thing of note. They didn't sell initially because they were too pricey, but once they were discounted, flew off the shelves.
Old 11-29-2011, 04:08 PM
gvtesse
Racer

yeah...$50 is a good price
Old 12-01-2011, 01:52 AM
EPWilson
Advanced

I was all ready at 9am but then couldn't put anything in my cart, so I tweeted @PorscheShopUSA and they announced shortly after that they were having technical difficulties with the site. I kept checking back and by around noon I was able to snag one of the Gore-Tex golf jackets - hopefully the "European fit" XL will work for me, the price was certainly right!
Old 12-22-2011, 08:56 PM
EPWilson
Advanced

I never got a shipping notice on my jacket, so I finally called the Porsche Design Driver's Selection customer service to see what the deal was...

The rep told me that my order had been canceled and she wasn't sure why I wasn't notified as such. She said there were a limited number of items and they had technical issues with their site that caused people (such as me) to place orders and receive confirmation emails beyond the number of items that were actually available.

When I mentioned I had been constantly refreshing the page after they failed to open the items for sale online when they first said they would, and I ordered as soon as the 'Add to Cart' button was available, she said she'd heard the same thing from several people.

She took down my information and said a supervisor would call me to follow up within 48 hours. Supposedly they were looking into doing something for people in my situation, like providing vouchers, etc. to make it up to their customers.

This was 2 days ago and I have yet to receive a follow-up call. I'm not impressed. I don't see anything in their Terms or Help FAQs that say they have the right to refuse any orders, so my take is since they provided me a confirmation, they either owe me the jacket I ordered or a comparable product at that price. I don't know if I'll get to call again tomorrow or will wait until after the Christmas weekend, but I'm certainly going to follow up again on this one...
Old 12-26-2011, 02:00 PM
EPWilson
Advanced

I just got a follow-up call from a supervisor in the Porsche Design Customer Service department. She apologized for me not being notified of the order cancellation and said the jacket I ordered is no longer available. She mentioned providing something to make it up to me, but I got the impression the chance of this happening was much lower than when I had talked to the rep last week. She claimed there were thousands of people placing orders and their system couldn't keep up.

I told her that their system not keeping up was their problem, not mine. Since I had an order confirmation, and I didn't see anything in their website's terms about reserving the right to cancel orders, they needed to provide me the jacket I ordered or a comparable product.

She said she'd forward on my information to see what they could do and I should get another call with 24-48 business hours. Hopefully the next follow-up call will be someone that can actually do something for me...
Old 12-27-2011, 07:07 PM
stuttgart46
Rennlist Member

Received 28 Likes on 22 Posts

I've never had much success ordering from Porsche Design. Nice looking stuff but it's impossible to get most of the time.
I've only had good experiences with Flying Lizards website and some of the other racing teams though.
Old 01-02-2012, 10:55 AM
EPWilson
Advanced

I received my second call back from Porsche Design Driver's Selection Customer Service. They refused to offer me a comparable item at the same price and (having allegedly escalated it to their Corporate Management office) the best they could offer me was 15% off another item with free shipping.

I told them it was insulting that they expected me to spend more money with them after the way this situation was handled. I highlighted that I was a Porsche owner, active member of PCA, and active on RL; and after this experience would never order from them again.

From now on when I'm shopping for Porsche merchandize, I'll only support racing teams like the Lizards, my local PCA chapter, etc.
Old 01-02-2012, 01:22 PM
Renn 951
Addict
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

Much of their stuff is horribly overpriced. But sometimes the dealers like Suncoast, Carlson, Hennessey, etc. offer items "on sale" that bring the prices down to the world of sanity. Suncoast has a particularly good website for internet ordering and great customer service. Much better to buy from them or one of the other dealers IMHO than trying to work with PCNA directly.

Old 01-09-2012, 09:23 AM
viii_ball
3rd Gear

Default Same issue. Epic FAIL

Looks like I was not the only one that got hoodwinked by Porsche Shop. I too ordered a item (leather jacket) on Cyber Monday once they got their technical chit together. I received a confirming email that my order was accepted. After a week I never heard anything from them so I emailed and got "its on backorder". I called and finally talked to a representative and they told me it would be another week. Then received an email from them that they would be cancelling my order if I did not respond. I did respond and told them to keep my order open. Just last week I emailed them again to which they responded that the jacket was not longer available. My response was "what are you going to send me instead?" but they never responded.

This was horrible business practice and I refuse to ever purchase form them again.

Quick Reply: POrsche Design Cyber Monday