Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

thanks all
and thank you Curt
Old 11-23-2011, 01:48 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts

Originally Posted by MUSSBERGER
I don't understand the "bosche ecu" thing but why not make it stock and run in H.
The Bosch ECU was an option that Grand Am allowed with a weight penalty. IIRC originally it was 100 lbs but later dropped to 25 lbs. The damn ECU cost almost $20k and allowed you to tune the car at the track. I strongly suggest leaving it right where it is....
Old 11-24-2011, 08:06 AM
rkirshner
Rennlist Member

Thank you jr gordon
at least for now it has been difficult to find peopele around where i live to understand all the car has to offer ,which means i am going to have to figure it out
this will be my first year racing so all i really want to do is get out there and slowly learn the sport
i will just leave the car as it is ,although i am considering taking out he fuel cell and putiing in the stock gas tank fueling with that dry connect system is cumbersom thoughts??
Old 11-24-2011, 11:36 AM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by rkirshner
Thank you jr gordon
at least for now it has been difficult to find peopele around where i live to understand all the car has to offer ,which means i am going to have to figure it out
this will be my first year racing so all i really want to do is get out there and slowly learn the sport
i will just leave the car as it is ,although i am considering taking out he fuel cell and putiing in the stock gas tank fueling with that dry connect system is cumbersom thoughts??
I agree you should just leave the car alone for now and deal with the dry-break fuel system. Someday soon you may be very happy you have that installed.

As for service, the original for sale add says Joel Reiser serviced it previously. He's very reputable, isn't he relatively close to you?
Old 11-24-2011, 02:54 PM
rkirshner
Rennlist Member

yes and he is a great guy i dont want to speak for him but joel no longer services porsche other than his own big loss for our region but others are learning
Old 11-24-2011, 11:09 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by rkirshner
yes and he is a great guy i dont want to speak for him but joel no longer services porsche other than his own big loss for our region but others are learning
Didn't know that.... Well you need someone who understand exactly what you have. Rick Deman up in Blauvelt, NY comes to mind or further North Jerry Peligino (EPE) up in the Boston area. Both are reputable and can deal with your car. Oh and there's the head mechanic from Farnsberger-Loles. Remember to tell anyone who touches your car that the cams are advanced and that it has that Bosch ECU. If that confuses them move on....
Old 11-25-2011, 12:11 AM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Not sure where you are but half way between DeMan in NY and EPE in Boston is Dan Jacobs LLC, no one better to set up a race car...
Old 11-25-2011, 12:33 PM
LC MotorSports
Former Vendor

I can help you with many of the Technical tid bits about the Car... I know the car very well, helped the previous owner with numerous items and have a strong relationship with TRG...

Myself I would not take fuel cell out of the car... Leave the JRZ shocks and spring that are in it alone... Those are the Motorsports versions (previous owner had them placed in the car when he purchased it from TRG) with perfect spring rates and settings for "Almost" all the tracks you will run at.

The car falls into the GT3 class and would only need to have the GT3RS wing taken off, then replaced with a cup wing. Even without a short diet... that car puts down some serious times...
Old 11-25-2011, 12:40 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by LC MotorSports
I can help you with many of the Technical tid bits about the Car... I know the car very well, helped the previous owner with numerous items and have a strong relationship with TRG...

Myself I would not take fuel cell out of the car... Leave the JRZ shocks and spring that are in it alone... Those are the Motorsports versions (previous owner had them placed in the car when he purchased it from TRG) with perfect spring rates and settings for "Almost" all the tracks you will run at.

The car falls into the GT3 class and would only need to have the GT3RS wing taken off, then replaced with a cup wing. Even without a short diet... that car puts down some serious times...
Glad to hear it's on JRZ's. What spring rates are on the car?...
Old 11-25-2011, 12:42 PM
MUSSBERGER
uninformed gas bag
(contemplating on whether gas bag is one or two words)
Rennlist Member

Received 171 Likes on 125 Posts

Originally Posted by jrgordonsenior
The Bosch ECU was an option that Grand Am allowed with a weight penalty. IIRC originally it was 100 lbs but later dropped to 25 lbs. The damn ECU cost almost $20k and allowed you to tune the car at the track. I strongly suggest leaving it right where it is....
My post was from once a upon a time when this was a 997
Old 11-25-2011, 12:49 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by MUSSBERGER
My post was from once a upon a time when this was a 997
Understood. Once it's been converted to GA specs it's just too far gone to go back to letter classes. There's probably in excess of $100k invested in the car not including the cost of the car itself. They're really great platforms for club racing.....
Old 11-25-2011, 01:02 PM
LC MotorSports
Former Vendor

JR,
You are right about the cost to build those cars... I have all the paperwork here for "the Car" we are talking about and its build cost (not w/car) is over $150k. The nice thing about her is, She was never damaged... She is as fresh as new snow (the other comparison was to risky)

The settings for the car are what TRG used when they won the class that year... While, I must admit that the alignment was tweaked a small amount to provide a more stable car for the average none racer.

I would not want to post the data unless Ron gave me the okay.
Old 11-25-2011, 01:08 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

Wow, that is new Cup Car $$!!
Old 11-25-2011, 01:21 PM
LC MotorSports
Former Vendor

It is scary to think what the GA guys are putting into those cars. As a pit crew member with Aclon, I get to see many of these cars (& inside trailers) up close at the track and its amazing what they spend...
Old 11-25-2011, 01:23 PM
jrgordonsenior
Nordschleife Master

Originally Posted by LC MotorSports
JR,
You are right about the cost to build those cars... I have all the paperwork here for "the Car" we are talking about and its build cost (not w/car) is over $150k. The nice thing about her is, She was never damaged... She is as fresh as new snow (the other comparison was to risky)

The settings for the car are what TRG used when they won the class that year... While, I must admit that the alignment was tweaked a small amount to provide a more stable car for the average none racer.

I would not want to post the data unless Ron gave me the okay.
Understood. The reason I asked is TRG, and some other GS cars, ran pretty soft spring rates compared to cup car springs. I was hoping TRG left the softer springs in versus installing something like 1300/1400. I really believe in softer springs to help a new owner get acclimated to a new race car. You can always go stiffer later (hopefully incrementally) as you get comfortable with the car.....

Quick Reply: porsche club racing class