Sponsored by:

Ron Hornaday calls Kyle Busch a "candy-ass"

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2011 | 09:02 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Eifeler
Nice move by M&M's. Hit the weezel where it hurts.

http://www.nascar.com/news/111110/ky...mms/index.html
Classy move by Mars Candy.
Old 11-11-2011 | 09:12 AM
Eifeler
Pro

Busch just doesn't seem to fit the image Mars needs/wants. Any number of guys would fit the bill: Kenseth, McMurray, Ragan.....
Old 11-11-2011 | 09:58 AM
VaSteve
Three Wheelin'

Busch just doesn't seem to fit the image Mars needs/wants. Any number of guys would fit the bill: Kenseth, McMurray, Ragan.....
The problem is, he's probably the best racer out there and it's tons of exposure for them. Is he winning the championship? No, because he's either on fire, or throwing a fit, but he's really talented. Someone described him like Mike Tyson....natural talent, peaked really young and doesn't have the life skills to keep his career life out of the ditch.

Interesting article on nascar.com where Elliot Sadler talks about how, when he drove for M&M's, they would call him if he didn't represent the company in a nice way...throwing things at competitors, etc. He's a lot older than Kyle Busch, so it was an interesting perspective.

I saw a clip at some point with Almendinger (who's a bit of a talent himself) arguing/fighting with Richard Petty...his boss. It looked exactly like what it was...a young spoiled child being a brat. Found it...

I feel old....get off my lawn!!!

Kenseth is looking for a sponsor. Crown Royal just dropped their sponsorship to sponsor races not drivers. He won a race and say "Hey Crown Royal, it's not too late to come back..." That was funny.

Old 11-11-2011 | 09:00 PM
67King
Race Car

So can someone explain to me why Dale Earnhardt was so beloved, and given the name The Intimidator when he would put people in the wall all of the time? And people hate this guy? Don't really care but it seems far from consistent.
Old 11-11-2011 | 09:09 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Nice move by M&M's. Hit the weezel where it hurts.

http://www.nascar.com/news/111110/ky...mms/index.html
Is seems like many of the comments must have come from State College PA.
Old 11-11-2011 | 09:37 PM
VaSteve
Three Wheelin'

Originally Posted by 67King
So can someone explain to me why Dale Earnhardt was so beloved, and given the name The Intimidator when he would put people in the wall all of the time? And people hate this guy? Don't really care but it seems far from consistent.
He was hated by a lot of guys. For those that love him, he was "one of them".....A blue collar guy that did things his way. Doing things his way got him killed too. Supposedly, he wore his belts in some fashion that Simpson of Simpson Racing Equipment advised him not to.

Can't speak to Earnhardt's racing style, but the event that got Kyle punished was a blatant temper tantrum under yellow flag conditions. There was a minor wreck - on LAP 15 of a 200 lap race. He deliberately rammed Hornaday into the rear at 130 mph and ultimately turned him. His spotters were telling him to calm down. Penalties are inconsistently enforced...but Busch had been making his case for a penalty for a while.

Quick Reply: Ron Hornaday calls Kyle Busch a "candy-ass"