Sponsored by:

Ron Hornaday calls Kyle Busch a "candy-ass"

Search this Thread

Old 11-07-2011 | 02:37 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Doug007
...He also said he'd be at Busch's house Monday morning if NASCAR didn't handle the situation."
Yeah yeah, all talk and now walk. Since he's so tough, he could just go there no matter what NASCAR does and just shut up.

As far as Bush, IMO he should've banned from any sanctioned racing in US at least for next year for what he did. What a tool.
Old 11-07-2011 | 03:00 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

In light of the tragic losses of life in the motorsport community between Dan Wheldon and Marco Simoncelli, I can't believe what I just saw!!!

It's one thing to race hard and cause an accident. Quite another to deliberately put someone into the wall as hard as he did to say nothing about ruining his entire year with the championship on the line.

The comments from Busch's fans at the bottm of that article are equally offensive.
Old 11-07-2011 | 04:37 PM
Flying Finn
King of Cool
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Pete
In light of the tragic losses of life in the motorsport community between Dan Wheldon and Marco Simoncelli, I can't believe what I just saw!!!.
That's what hit me also (and why I think he should be banned at least for a year).
Can't believe "NASCAR is being tough and not letting him race for a weekend"!

Boo fucking hoo, who gives a **** if he has to sit out one weekend, there's lives on the line and absolutely no room for bull**** like that.
Old 11-07-2011 | 05:03 PM
trophy
Race Car

Looks like he is on Probation till the end of 2011.....

http://www.nascar.com/news/111107/ky...xas/index.html

I am not a NASCAR fan at all, and it is crap like this that will keep me away... He should be suspended for at least 12 months, and pay a hefty fine....

It also looks like M&M are questioning if they want to sponsor him anymore as well... that will hurt...
Old 11-07-2011 | 05:05 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Originally Posted by trophy
Looks like he is on Probation till the end of 2011.....

He should be suspended for at least 12 months, and pay a hefty fine....

It also looks like M&M are questioning if they want to sponsor him anymore as well... that will hurt...
Good, his crap is finally catching up with him.
"Combining the Art and Science of Driving Fast!"
Specializing in Professional, Private Driver Performance Evaluation and Optimization
Consultation Available Remotely and at VIRginia International Raceway

Old 11-07-2011 | 06:21 PM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

I thought he already was on probation.

M&M should do the right thing and punt his a$$ back to Spec Miata. It's not like there is a great shortage of decent drivers who could represent their brand in a better manner then KB.
Old 11-07-2011 | 07:53 PM
txhokie4life
Drifting

Note I'm not advocating -- just trying to understand if there is an inconsistency here:

I missed a lot of the brew haw -- saw they video tape of incident but not the explanation
-- but wasn't it Nascar that said it wanted it's drivers to police themselves?

How was this different than last year when the retalitory act put one car in the air and into the retainment fence or earlier this year when Tony Stewart was punted into the tire wall at Infineon and said he deserved it!

guess I need to check up on the details of this event to see why it was so different?

thanks,

m
Old 11-07-2011 | 08:31 PM
multi21
Addict
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by txhokie4life
Note I'm not advocating -- just trying to understand if there is an inconsistency here:

I missed a lot of the brew haw -- saw they video tape of incident but not the explanation
-- but wasn't it Nascar that said it wanted it's drivers to police themselves?

How was this different than last year when the retalitory act put one car in the air and into the retainment fence or earlier this year when Tony Stewart was punted into the tire wall at Infineon and said he deserved it!

guess I need to check up on the details of this event to see why it was so different?

thanks,

m
I believe NASCAR used the term "Boys, have at it". Controversy always sells and with a couple races left, this puts NASCAR on the front page when the NFL is dominating on Sunday, Monday, Thursday nights.

I think what makes this different, at least in my eyes is the fact its during a caution, not under green flag conditions and the severity of the impact. Couple that with Busch's crew chief or spotter telling him to "calm down, calm down" because he knew he was about to wreck Hornaday (listen closely to the radio transmission under the voices of the announcers), it was not an instant reaction, he had a good 10-15 seconds to think about what he was doing and did it anyway.
Old 11-07-2011 | 08:42 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

I think the little ***** should be banned from racing, period. What if Hornaday was killed??
Old 11-07-2011 | 10:53 PM
Doug007
Racer

Losing M&Ms as a sponsor will hurt a lot more than $50k and two months probation. I hope it happens!
Old 11-07-2011 | 11:19 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Word from my little bird in the know is that M&M's is staying, but they wanted a clear shot across the bow of Gibbs Racing to keep dip**** in line.
Old 11-07-2011 | 11:33 PM
Chaos
Addict
Rennlist Member

Nice penalty !
Old 11-08-2011 | 10:25 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by jaje
Most racing organizations would ban Kyle for at least 1 year / then if they race again have 1 year probation (possibly permanently) for causing retaliatory contact like that (not just the next race). But, I guess when there's so much sponsorship money for everything from boner pills, to tampons, to roof tar, to white bread, to mayonnaise, etc. (products normally associated with racing and sports) the rules are a big gray area?
Never saw a tampon sponsor on a car, but then I don't watch NASCRAP, but I see that as the perfect sponsor for Danika. I can see the promo now," Hi, I'm Danika Patrict and I use Kotex because I'm always on the rag".
Old 11-08-2011 | 10:48 AM
mglobe
The Penguin King
Rennlist Member

Old 11-11-2011 | 08:56 AM
Eifeler
Pro

Nice move by M&M's. Hit the weezel where it hurts.

http://www.nascar.com/news/111110/ky...mms/index.html

Quick Reply: Ron Hornaday calls Kyle Busch a "candy-ass"