Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

LeMans racer Scott Tucker's questionable path to success

Search this Thread

Old 11-02-2011, 10:51 PM
PedroNole
Rennlist Member

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

I do have a problem with guys who hold themselves out to be something that they're not or people who break the law to get ahead. If you break the law or are unethical, I don't want to be around you. Period. Guys that do break the law and come into any sport taint the sport and I think anyone who says, "who cares" is missing the point. We should ALL care because when we don't we end up with people running things that are just plain dangerous.

I'm not opining on ST or any other specific person because I don't know the facts. I'm just saying we should all care about honor, ethics and plain decency.
Old 11-03-2011, 08:13 AM
Eifeler
Pro

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by PedroNole
I do have a problem with guys who hold themselves out to be something that they're not or people who break the law to get ahead. If you break the law or are unethical, I don't want to be around you. Period. Guys that do break the law and come into any sport taint the sport and I think anyone who says, "who cares" is missing the point. We should ALL care because when we don't we end up with people running things that are just plain dangerous.

I'm not opining on ST or any other specific person because I don't know the facts. I'm just saying we should all care about honor, ethics and plain decency.
+1
Old 11-03-2011, 08:28 AM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

I'm just saying we should all care about honor, ethics and plain decency.
If you really care then please organize an ongoing series of marches on Washington so we can force the politicians to listen to us. The biggest crooks are leading the country, not racing cars.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:00 AM
jakermc
Rennlist Member

Received 467 Likes on 212 Posts

Someone who cheats in life to go racing will probably also cheat while they are racing.

BTW, Tucker did have some issues in the Ferrari Challenge with regards to compliance and if I recall, was DQ'ed on more than one occasion for it.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:25 PM
onefastviking
Rennlist Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

The race track is a place to decide who is faster on a given day.
I don't care about your moral standards,sexual preference, church attendance,political affiliation,height, hair color,weight, etc , etc .

I believe that's been the draw of the likes of PLN and Harvey Mushman over the years, they are only judged on the track for what they did that day in the car/motorcycle, not any of their other achievements.

As for Scott Tucker, if he did wrong I am sure he will be held accountable, it appears that he has although I am not fully aware of all the details. Guys that break laws always get caught sooner or later, they may serve time, but the ultimate punishment is the tarnish on their reputation that they will always have to live with.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:42 PM
ohenryinatlanta
Racer

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts

mail fraud ? that's usually what they pin on you when you have a bulls eye on your back and they can't get you on anything concrete.

i think i saw in the WSJ, the average citizen violates 5 federal statutes daily.
Old 11-03-2011, 01:45 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Received 1,442 Likes on 773 Posts

Yeah, at least Tucker isn't shipping thousands of illegal firearms to the terrorist savages in the Mexican drug cartels like our current Attorney General did....resulting in thousands of murders including Americans
Old 11-03-2011, 06:45 PM
Potomac-Greg
Drifting

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
Yeah, at least Tucker isn't shipping thousands of illegal firearms to the terrorist savages in the Mexican drug cartels like our current Attorney General did....resulting in thousands of murders including Americans
I recall someone recently saying, "innocent until proven guilty..."?

(Sorry, I agree with your sentiment re the AG, but there are bad guys that have never, and will never, get caught and convicted. Hence it's fair IMHO to pass judgment and act accordingly even before the gavel falls.)
Old 11-03-2011, 06:49 PM
mdrums
Race Director

Received 179 Likes on 126 Posts

Originally Posted by fhp911
someone pls give info on kevin buckler's record.

I've seen the team race and win at Daytona, and I do buy and love the wine, but I'd like to know more about the guy and his 'checkered' past.
+1....
Old 11-03-2011, 09:24 PM
dp35
Pro

I agree with Pedro, and I'll take it in another direction: I don't like having guys like this in racing because I don't want to race against them. The sad truth is that EVERY class in racing is a wallet race (take it from a Spec Miata racer). I make an honest living and spend what I can on racing, and money is always a limiting factor. If I barely lost to a guy like Tucker, I'd feel that I was beaten by his dishonestly earned money. Considering that money makes such a big difference at all levels of racing, this isn't a whole lot different than an illegal car IMO.
Old 11-03-2011, 09:58 PM
Land Jet
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by Potomac-Greg
I recall someone recently saying, "innocent until proven guilty..."?

(Sorry, I agree with your sentiment re the AG, but there are bad guys that have never, and will never, get caught and convicted. Hence it's fair IMHO to pass judgment and act accordingly even before the gavel falls.)
Karma follows the soul from life to life. If they are not caught in this life, they will pay in the next. It all has to balance in the end.

Originally Posted by dp35
I agree with Pedro, and I'll take it in another direction: I don't like having guys like this in racing because I don't want to race against them. The sad truth is that EVERY class in racing is a wallet race (take it from a Spec Miata racer). I make an honest living and spend what I can on racing, and money is always a limiting factor. If I barely lost to a guy like Tucker, I'd feel that I was beaten by his dishonestly earned money. Considering that money makes such a big difference at all levels of racing, this isn't a whole lot different than an illegal car IMO.
What is more important, that you win the race or you keep your integrity in tact? If you say winning the race then I don't think you really have much integrity. If you say keeping your integrity in tact, you have already won.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:13 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by dp35
If I barely lost to a guy like Tucker, I'd feel that I was beaten by his dishonestly earned money. Considering that money makes such a big difference at all levels of racing, this isn't a whole lot different than an illegal car IMO.
I am sorry, but this is a load of crap.

How the hell do you know how ANY of your competitors earns his/her money? What if it were Ted Kennedy, who inherited his from a father many many times more dishonest & scummy than Tucker? Would that loss be "OK" because it was Ted's father who earned his money dishonestly, and Ted only inherited it? What if it were to someone from Hamas? After all, they DO build schools & feed people...in between bombing busloads full of civilians.

A loss is a loss.

Please. This morally superior posturing BS is just that.
Old 11-03-2011, 10:26 PM
BlueRiver86
Nordschleife Master

There are a lot of "pro" series where you can buy your way in. There are a lot of people who do it with illicit money. I'd say ST's "crimes" are on the lower end of the scale.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:03 PM
mklaskin
Drifting

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Veloce Raptor
I am sorry, but this is a load of crap.

How the hell do you know how ANY of your competitors earns his/her money? What if it were Ted Kennedy, who inherited his from a father many many times more dishonest & scummy than Tucker? Would that loss be "OK" because it was Ted's father who earned his money dishonestly, and Ted only inherited it? What if it were to someone from Hamas? After all, they DO build schools & feed people...in between bombing busloads full of civilians.

A loss is a loss.

Please. This morally superior posturing BS is just that.
I'm still laughing at the image of Ted Kennedy and some Hamas guy hanging out in a paddock...

Back to the topic: There was a rumor that Scott Tucker may try to buy ALMS. How would you feel about that?
Old 11-03-2011, 11:11 PM
Veloce Raptor
Rennlist Member

Originally Posted by mklaskin
I'm still laughing at the image of Ted Kennedy and some Hamas guy hanging out in a paddock...

Back to the topic: There was a rumor that Scott Tucker may try to buy ALMS. How would you feel about that?
How would I feel about what? If Panoz wants to sell and he is the buyer, my opinion is irrelevant and pointless. How he spends his money legitimately is none of my business. How people who race make their livings is none of ANY of our business.

Quick Reply: LeMans racer Scott Tucker's questionable path to success