Sponsored by:
Sponsored by:

Go from 14th to 1st in one lap - video

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2011, 10:02 PM
Gary R.
Rennlist Member

Received 271 Likes on 165 Posts

I like the pass in the corkscrew, i'm going to start shooting through the center of the bus stop at the Glen from now on! Thanks for the tip!
Old 09-29-2011, 12:41 PM
mobonic
Drifting

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

haaaaaaaaaaaaaters!!!

Unlike other clubs, SPEC here means spec. Cars are dyno'd and checked randomly.

What you interpret as 10hp faster maybe that eric has more ***** and never lifts (where others do) and late brakes.. he is also always on the limit where others choose to be more self preservation... and as a result carries entry and exit speed that dwarf his competition.

Its quite easy to critique someone else from a video 3,000 miles away, but I'd put my money on Eric up against any other spec boxster in the country.

When you guys are winning spec class races by 30 seconds plus on second place, then I will listen more compliantly.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:02 PM
bauerjab
Burning Brakes

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts

As I don't know the answer, is it legal to have a spec engine that revs to 10K? I am not in that class.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:31 PM
eric523
Pro

Received 5 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by arrivederci
Really running 10K rpms??? Really?
A stock 2.5L Boxster, no, not really. I guess he hasn't set it up properly.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:31 PM
IPguy
Three Wheelin'

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally Posted by cello
Ummm, in this one TM is showing a 10K+ rpms... Must be 'CA stock' or an F1 engine inboard ..

Nice vids, fun to watch!!
I believe that the camera car is the competition.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:32 PM
eric523
Pro

Originally Posted by Gary R.
I like the pass in the corkscrew, i'm going to start shooting through the center of the bus stop at the Glen from now on! Thanks for the tip!
Yeah, not exactly a legal pass by him. Glad I got him back after that one. I've only gotten to run against him once a year but it is always the best race of the year.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:38 PM
gt3-4me
Instructor

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Eric is a very fast and aggressive driver. If you look at his videos on youtube you will see this. Cal speedway has some area's that can give the illusion of more horsepower than the other guys if you get a good run coming out of a corner.

Also, in the POC we give racing room if the other guy breaks the plane of our bumper. I think the black and orange car may have felt that Eric was there, also it was probably out of respect for how fast Eric is that he gave him the corner.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:42 PM
C4 Pazzo
Rennlist Member

Received 7 Likes on 7 Posts

Originally Posted by bauerjab
As I don't know the answer, is it legal to have a spec engine that revs to 10K? I am not in that class.
His engine isn't really revving that high. His Traqmate doesn't know it is on a 6 cylinder car.

In any event, he and Eric are both driving at a different level from nearly all of the rest of the BSR drivers in California. I think that would be the case no matter which BSR they were driving.
Old 09-29-2011, 01:52 PM
eric523
Pro

Originally Posted by mobonic
haaaaaaaaaaaaaters!!!

Unlike other clubs, SPEC here means spec. Cars are dyno'd and checked randomly.

What you interpret as 10hp faster maybe that eric has more ***** and never lifts (where others do) and late brakes.. he is also always on the limit where others choose to be more self preservation... and as a result carries entry and exit speed that dwarf his competition.

Its quite easy to critique someone else from a video 3,000 miles away, but I'd put my money on Eric up against any other spec boxster in the country.

When you guys are winning spec class races by 30 seconds plus on second place, then I will listen more compliantly.
haha thanks Mo.

The other drivers in our group are certainly less suspicious. My car has been dynoed, inspected, checked for LSD, weighed after every race etc...

I started racing motocross at 5 yrs old, then was a 914 momentum racer for 8 years. The spec box is a natural progression and suits my driving style.

It would have been nice to have the spec Boxster run-offs this year as I would have traveled back to Hallet to meet the mid and east coasters for a run. The car will be moving on from BSR over the winter so I'll miss out on the national get together next year.

here is the video of that pass in the corkscrew from inside my car. Lots of glare from this camera location but I liked being able to see more interior stuff and footwork.

http://youtu.be/lO2NlfclTgw

Last edited by eric523; 09-29-2011 at 02:07 PM.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:08 PM
bauerjab
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by C4 Pazzo
His engine isn't really revving that high. His Traqmate doesn't know it is on a 6 cylinder car.

In any event, he and Eric are both driving at a different level from nearly all of the rest of the BSR drivers in California. I think that would be the case no matter which BSR they were driving.
Not questioning his ability. No one is. I do find it interesting, however, that with all of his experience (starting at 5 years old), he does not know how to set up Traqmate to correctly read the RPMs.... It's really very easy.
Old 09-29-2011, 02:23 PM
eric523
Pro

Originally Posted by bauerjab
Not questioning his ability. No one is. I do find it interesting, however, that with all of his experience (starting at 5 years old), he does not know how to set up Traqmate to correctly read the RPMs.... It's really very easy.
I think you're still missing the comment that the traqmate in question is not installed in my car, and that is not my video. It is from a competitors car.
Old 09-29-2011, 04:13 PM
cello
Three Wheelin'

Received 30 Likes on 13 Posts

Originally Posted by IPguy
I believe that the camera car is the competition.
Yeah i know... I was playing around with the 'CA Stock' reference as the bad TM data was like a hanging curve .... (ie OP is beating a guy whose engine revs to... nevermind..) Nice driving OP as indicated previously (meant all vids in the thread).
Old 09-30-2011, 01:57 AM
huangover
Track Day

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

eric. next time barely win and maybe some guys will congratulate u for an impressive weekend and dominating season.
Old 09-30-2011, 10:39 AM
ZAPmobile
Rennlist Member

Received 6 Likes on 3 Posts

Nice going. Looks like not a lot of blocking in POC, that's great. PCA could learn something from that.
Old 10-01-2011, 08:16 AM
bauerjab
Burning Brakes

Originally Posted by eric523
I think you're still missing the comment that the traqmate in question is not installed in my car, and that is not my video. It is from a competitors car.
My bad. Sorry about that.

Quick Reply: Go from 14th to 1st in one lap - video