Notices
E/SIM Racing For discussion and info on iRacing, SIMs etc.

Rennlist iRacing thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2018, 11:59 PM
sbelles
I'm in....
Rennlist Member

Received 263 Likes on 176 Posts

+1 I still haven't gotten my rig working again since my graphics card quit working after an iracing software update but if there was a good reason to work on it...
Old 10-22-2018, 01:04 PM
ProCoach
Rennlist
Basic Site Sponsor

Received 3,332 Likes on 1,891 Posts

Bought the RSR yesterday after updating and wow! That sound! Sweet!
Old 10-22-2018, 03:26 PM
Paul Solk
Burning Brakes

Received 120 Likes on 79 Posts

Originally Posted by ProCoach
Bought the RSR yesterday after updating and wow! That sound! Sweet!
OK, I know it's not iRacing but has anyone tried the latest F1 sim? Its pretty intense... It actually "feels" fast, I am enjoying it a lot...
Old 12-29-2018, 11:21 AM
Racer

Received 11 Likes on 9 Posts

Just another person interested in joining the Wednesday night club if it starts up again.
Old 12-30-2018, 07:36 PM
PGas32
Rennlist Member

Received 192 Likes on 105 Posts

Originally Posted by 99999
Just another person interested in joining the Wednesday night club if it starts up again.
Same here
Old 12-30-2018, 09:28 PM
aualexa2
Rennlist Member

Received 52 Likes on 30 Posts

Joining the thread. Ordered the components for my rig a few days ago. Now, I just need to redo a room in my basement to serve as my simulator space. Will hopefully be up and running by the end of the month.
Old 12-31-2018, 07:22 AM
Skibum1963
Racer

Received 14 Likes on 11 Posts
Default Simulator sickness

Was wondering if anyone could help. I have a simxperience rig. Had a really bad experience setting it up. They sent the wrong assembly instructions several times, parts missing, etc. but finally have it up and running. I have put in a few hours seat time at least and I am getting sick every time I use the darn thing, especially when I crash. To the point that I can’t eat for an hour later. Does this get easier with more seat time or are there people who just can’t get used to this? I’m using the oculus VR goggles which may be worse than monitors?
Old 12-31-2018, 12:07 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by Skibum1963
Was wondering if anyone could help. I have a simxperience rig. Had a really bad experience setting it up. They sent the wrong assembly instructions several times, parts missing, etc. but finally have it up and running. I have put in a few hours seat time at least and I am getting sick every time I use the darn thing, especially when I crash. To the point that I can’t eat for an hour later. Does this get easier with more seat time or are there people who just can’t get used to this? I’m using the oculus VR goggles which may be worse than monitors?
i use the Occulus VR, mainly to save space, and can get a bit of virtigo in a crash, or watching a relay in blimp mode. Some people though just can’t handle it at all. Personally, I’m strongly considering moving away from that to a triple screen setup, if only so I can have higher resolution and not have to wear anything on my head.

If it’s that bad for you, I wouldn’t expect it to get much better. VR is cool, but it’s still in its infancy, like watching and old TV vs current 4K, etc.
Old 12-31-2018, 12:27 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 188 Likes on 104 Posts

I have dismantled my sim for a while to make a room for a new baby that is expected in March... so if anyone else wants to take the reins for the league for the next little while, I'm happy to add more admins to the group. That would be awesome if you guys can keep it going for the next little while.
Old 12-31-2018, 02:37 PM
Racer

Originally Posted by JustinL
I have dismantled my sim for a while to make a room for a new baby that is expected in March... so if anyone else wants to take the reins for the league for the next little while, I'm happy to add more admins to the group. That would be awesome if you guys can keep it going for the next little while.
Id be happy to try to keep it going if you could send me a set of brief instructions or we could just have a short phone call.
Old 01-03-2019, 10:55 PM
Apex996
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 32 Posts

I am getting sick every time I use the darn thing, especially when I crash. To the point that I can’t eat for an hour later. Does this get easier with more seat time or are there people who just can’t get used to this? I’m using the oculus VR goggles which may be worse than monitors?
I have heard the more "immersive" the experience, the more disorienting it can be for the brain.
I have not heard it gets better sadly. It's like motion sickness... Dramamine may help?.
Definitely try it without the VR goggles. Some have issues with triple monitors (the peripheral stuff makes them dizzy) but can handle a single monitor.
Old 01-03-2019, 11:50 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

Its the motion. It’s not fast enough, there is a delay. The VR goggles (and monitors) update much more quickly but with VR your brain can tell IMMEDIATELY that something is off.

Ive tried all of the big motion platforms. The top end SimXperience, the Force Dynamics, the CXC. The hardware just can’t react fast enough.

If you put enough time in, you’ll eventually grow accustomed.

Me personally, having tried both... I’d disable the motion and just use VR. Far more immersive in VR with no motion than screens with motion.
Old 01-08-2019, 12:00 PM
JustinL
Drifting

Received 188 Likes on 104 Posts

Originally Posted by 99999

Id be happy to try to keep it going if you could send me a set of brief instructions or we could just have a short phone call.
I cleared out my PM box. Send me your iracing name and I'll add you as a league admin.
Old 01-08-2019, 12:40 PM
Apex996
Pro

Received 71 Likes on 32 Posts

Perhaps I'm blind but there appears to be no "sticky" info on the first page letting people know where / when / what ....
I personally would have joined you guys more often but couldn't easily find the info.
Old 01-11-2019, 01:14 PM
User 52121
Nordschleife Master

Received 134 Likes on 91 Posts

It became a mega thread. Couldn't hurt to just start a whole new thread, and ask the mods to sticky it (and lock this one).

We used to meet every Weds night. I think the practice started at like 6:30 central, and the race started around 8:00 central.

It was a fun group and at one point we had over 20 regulars. Life gets in the way though and after a while it dwindled. I added a bunch of guys in our last season from another group (which has its own league) who said they all wanted to participate and I think of the 30+ guys I added, 1 or 2 actually showed up once. I'll go through and clean up the roster for the next guy so it's just RL guys again.

Otherwise running it is pretty self-explanatory. Create a "season" in the league, schedule a race via the League interface, tell everyone when it is... and voila.

Quick Reply: Rennlist iRacing thread